Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NY/NJ - Alternatives of NYU Langone [#permalink]
I am kinda concerned about lack of good alternatives of NYU but i guess it makes it more challenging .. Cornell is not an option as my company would not sponsor Exec MBA program. Please check out my profile here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/24-p416863?t=58195#p416863

appreciate your feedback!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pkmba wrote:
I am kinda concerned about lack of good alternatives of NYU but i guess it makes it more challenging .. Cornell is not an option as my company would not sponsor Exec MBA program. Please check out my profile here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/24-p416863?t=58195#p416863

appreciate your feedback!!

Your profile is good enough for NYU PT. Don't waste your solid GMAT score by enrolling in a much lower ranked b-school.

Provided that you write good essays and have a reasonable explanation for lack of extracurriculars, you should have an excellent shot at NYU.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Columbia is in NY. Same level as NYU. Can't hurt to increase your chances by applying there.

--The Dan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am wondering how do one provide a "reasonable explanation for lack of extracurriculars" :) .. Honestly, i have been too busy at work to find time for other things. I think it is too late to try to do some extra-curricular work. thanks for your suggestions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unfortunately, Columbia does not offer a PT program. and as i mentioned before, Executive MBA is not an option for me. thanks for your comments.

>>Columbia is in NY. Same level as NYU. Can't hurt to increase your chances by applying there.

>>--The Dan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
pkmba wrote:
I am wondering how do one provide a "reasonable explanation for lack of extracurriculars" :) .. Honestly, i have been too busy at work to find time for other things. I think it is too late to try to do some extra-curricular work. thanks for your suggestions.

I don't think you have to provide an explanation. If you've been too busy for other extracurriculars, that'll be evident to the AdCom when they review your application, essays, resume, and recos.

The other elements of your application should say more than enough about who you are and why you'd be a good member of the NYU community.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks for your suggestions !

>>I don't think you have to provide an explanation. If you've been too busy for other extracurriculars, that'll be evident to the AdCom when they review your application, essays, resume, and recos.

>> The other elements of your application should say more than enough about who you are and why you'd be a good member of the NYU community.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pkmba wrote:

That's what I am talking about. If you work 60-80 hours per week, you are not expected to volunteer in your spare time. Same thing goes for your time in the undergrad school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
This is interesting information.
GMAT Club Bot