Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink]
I've got the interview invitation last night (I'm 12 hours ahead of NY time). It was a big surprise. I submitted my application in the very last minute of the deadline (R2)... And that was my very first application ever. So happy, another step closer...

But one thing: They asked me to arrange an on-campus interview... Is it true that I'm gonna fly half the globe to Cornell for the interview? There must be some other way right? Still haven't figured out how to reply the Ad Com on this matter.

I was thinking of an interview with the only alumnus in our country, but in the email they specifically stated that it would be an on-campus interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
see if they will use skype and webcams to do it. My interview with HKUST was using that, so will my interview tomorrow with NUS (Singapore)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
I'm an R3 applicant and given the trend, I sure hope I din't waste my $200. I wish all those waiting for a decision good luck though and if it doesn't work out, there's probably a reason. Try to learn from it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Is anyone else going to be at Cornell the weekend of the 25th? Woud love to chat for real with some of you, haha.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So I will be having a phone interview... I would really really love to have on-campus interview where I would have more chance to express myself.

So what's the pros and cons of phone interview vs in person interview? And how to make the most out of a phone interview?

Appreciate any advice!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
solidcolor wrote:
I've got the interview invitation last night (I'm 12 hours ahead of NY time). It was a big surprise. I submitted my application in the very last minute of the deadline (R2)... And that was my very first application ever. So happy, another step closer...

But one thing: They asked me to arrange an on-campus interview... Is it true that I'm gonna fly half the globe to Cornell for the interview? There must be some other way right? Still haven't figured out how to reply the Ad Com on this matter.

I was thinking of an interview with the only alumnus in our country, but in the email they specifically stated that it would be an on-campus interview.

They will give you the Alumni or Telephonic interview options because it seems infeasible for you to travel only for the interview. That mail is a generic mail for everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
anyone know what the r3 timeframe should look like? how about for the Park Fellows? i had heard they kind of accelerate the process for those who may be in the running for the fellowship but not sure. i'm still sitting at status received, test scores not verified. anyone any different?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
anyone out there still awaiting R2 final decisions?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm gonna have a telephone interview tomorrow. Trying to get more info about the school and the program. A little bit nervous. I'm a type of person that if the interviewer is nice, everything will be beautiful. If the interviewer is tricky or cold... then it's hard to blossom.

Wish me luck...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
solidcolor - I posted questions from my prep for Cornell interview here. You might find them useful.
103-t58966
good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dear svrider!!! Thank you so much for your list of questions. I got your message only 15 mins before the interview. And two of the questions saved me:

- If there are 3 things I should write about you to the admissions committee in my interview report what should they be?

- How would your co-workers describe you?

Great thanks!! I had a nice talk with Ann Richards. Waiting for Friday...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
Good to hear that it was of use. I met Ann Richards at a local info session & at Cornell, she is certainly very friendly & helpful. From what I've heard, she is also a great person to interview with.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
So has Round 2 officially finsihed or are they still running late?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
If they are having so many applicants for R1 & R2, my R3 application was a gift of 200$ to the school and nothing more.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
svrider wrote:
Good to hear that it was of use. I met Ann Richards at a local info session & at Cornell, she is certainly very friendly & helpful. From what I've heard, she is also a great person to interview with.

Oh wish I'd talked with you before. Your information is great and encouraging. Ann Richards was nice. I read in a quotation from a student that this "amazing and compassionate woman is a true reflection of the entire school". She was also very sharp, picking the right point to ask.

However I was nervous in the first half of the interview. I think I was 40% of myself in the interview hic hic... I think I sounded overly serious about my work and MBA plan. The conversation got better towards the end when we were done with formal questions and started chatting about the article quotation and coffee and Sage Hall. I really wish I'd met her in person.

Now all I've gotta do is hold my breath until the verdict this Friday. Sunday will be my birthday. Oh well, let's hope...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Good luck Solidcolor!

What did you mean by discussing article quotation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks prospective mba. That was an article with a student's quotation about Johnson School and Ann Richards. The comment was so impressive to me.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  43