Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q19  V23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Re: I'm gonna take the GMAT without studying [#permalink]
that actually make some sense for you. If it works, you will have saved yourself tons of time.

I would still look at how Data Sufficiency questions are set up, it took me several practice tests to get the hang of those.

other than that, go all out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q19  V23
Send PM
Yep, if you're good at algebra and aced calculus...you won't need to spend much time reviewing the math section. (Unlike me, who probably needs to take the short bus to math class. In spite of failing algebra three times in high school and once here at Lehman, I actually got a B+ in statistics with a tough professor. I pulled a Homer.)

Apparently though some rudimentary stats will be on some tests. Each real and practice exam is different. The real one I bombed only had two questions, one about mutually exclusive events and the other about standard deviation. The practice one I did okay with had more stats questions.

And YES, those data sufficiency questions are a killer...they found a way to make algebra even tougher and more pointless.

If you're fine with the quant section, the verbal section is still a bit different than most regular college exams. I did fine with the reading comprehension (that is somewhat similar to the SAT and the CPE that the CUNY university system makes you take) but totally bombed the rest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
Well who knows this strategy might work for you. Also I heard part time programs have lower GMAT/GPA requeirements and more WE.
One suggestion I have is take GMAT prep tests. They are free and can be downloaded from GMAC test. It should prepate you for type of questions you will get in GMAT tests.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
I am generally pretty good at standardized tests, so I wasn't too worried about the GMAT either. I ended up buying the $30 princeton review book and did the following:
1) take a practice test
2) read descriptions for what i got wrong
3) skim through the rest of the book (discounting most of it)
4) take a 2nd practice test.
All told I maybe spent 8-10 hours? Remember how badly this score can SINK you if you don't do well. (since you might not have time to retake it if you do poorly. Sometimes appointments are tight) Its probably worth spending a few hours and $30 on review.

In the end, i was right - I got a 740 on my GMAT.

Side note: I attended UCI for undergrad/Grad. It is a beautiful, well thought out campus. Master planned in fact - just like most of orange county. If it is important for you to live in a place with some character, then I would suggest looking at other schools. On the other hand, if you are happy with a clean, safe, (but expensive, somewhat boring) place, then go for it =) Just my 2 cents
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
I would at least take a practice test so you're familiar with it and know what to expect. The GMAT is nothing like the tests you take in college. Download the free tests from https://www.mba.com at the very least.
GMAT Club Bot