Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [1]
Given Kudos: 334
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [1]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 545 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V45
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wiki GMAT Study Guide [#permalink]
Expert Reply
and link to Eschn3am's Posts too
:beer
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
No reference to the members of the site are to be placed in the headings!!! :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
i don't like the definition of a fractional number as "non-integer reals" in math definitions section. A fractional number is a rational number defined as a ratio of an integer and a positive integer. for example, 1/3 or -5/4. Irrational numbers such as sqrt(2) are also real but not rational.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I unfortunately don't have time to study Wiki. Can I post here information that I would like to see in GMAT_Study_Guide?

I was very impressive this information:

7-p421309 posted by JCLEONES

1.For any set of consecutive integers with an odd number of terms, the sum of the integers is always a multiple of the number of terms.
For example, the sum of 1, 2, and 3 (three consecutives -- an odd number) is 6, which is a multiple of 3.

2.For any set of consecutive integers with an even number of terms, the sum of the integers is never a multiple of the number of terms.
For example, the sum of 1, 2, 3, and 4 (four consecutives -- an even number) is 10, which is not a multiple of 4.
CIO
CIO
walker wrote:
I unfortunately don't have time to study Wiki. Can I post here information that I would like to see in GMAT_Study_Guide?

1.For any set of consecutive integers with an odd number of terms, the sum of the integers is always a multiple of the number of terms.
For example, the sum of 1, 2, and 3 (three consecutives -- an odd number) is 6, which is a multiple of 3.

2.For any set of consecutive integers with an even number of terms, the sum of the integers is never a multiple of the number of terms.
For example, the sum of 1, 2, 3, and 4 (four consecutives -- an even number) is 10, which is not a multiple of 4.

Thank you, Walker. +1.
I'll add the info to the appropriate Study Guide page.

If you don't have enough time to study wiki you can just copy-paste the info you find useful to a wiki page and we would eventually revise the format of an article.

Thanks for helping!
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [1]
Kudos
Hi all,

We've added some info to the Guide. Check if the topics you're interested in are covered. If not, please suggest what you want to appear in the Guide.

Adding info to the pages is still welcome. Heavy contributors will be given Kudos. The more you contribute, the more Kudos you get.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
dzyubam wrote:
walker wrote:

Thank you, Walker. +1.
I'll add the info to the appropriate Study Guide page.

If you don't have enough time to study wiki you can just copy-paste the info you find useful to a wiki page and we would eventually revise the format of an article.

Thanks for helping!

Hay I am planning to take GMAT Test, could you guys help me
CIO
CIO
You might check out the "Verbal" and "Math" forums for many valuable posts by our members. As a new user you should also take our free tests available at https://gmatclub.com/tests (m25 and v06 sets). Please look through posts in the "GMAT" forum and post any questions you have regarding the GMAT in there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Where can the answers to practice problems 5-8 be found?

thanks
CIO
CIO
If you mean exercises in the Study Guide, there're currently no explanations for some problems. We'll eventually add them.
kidboc1 wrote:
Where can the answers to practice problems 5-8 be found?

thanks

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts