Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Re: Pro Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You're very welcome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Paul,

A few more quick questions if you dont mind:

1. How do you think I should address a gap on my resume where, after undergrad, I took time to travel and work for my family business. I traveled for 6 weeks and then worked for 8 months afterwards. I just didnt want to make my resume too long, should I take out some internship experiences to keep it to one page?

2. Im trying not to run my resume to 2 pages but want to include the above mentioned gap, as well as some various extracurriculars Ive added (i.e.; adult sports leagues, captaining a new team to raise funds for a wall street walk for the american heart association, etc.). What are your thoughts on 2-page resumes for MBA apps?

Thanks again Paul!
Send PM
Expert Reply
kilograms,

I would avoid the two-page resume. The 6-week travel is something you could leave off the resume and mention in the application's data section. If schools require you to account for it on the resume you could mention it on one line in your education section as a post-college experience to countries X, Y, and Z or in an "Interests" section under "Travel" (with dates). It's definitely not a negative if you're worried.

Your leadership at work BTW is a real asset for you (one that will be diminished however if you leave that job for a position that has much less leadership). If you can just bring that GMAT up and maybe deepen the community involvement a bit you should be a strong applicant.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks again Paul. I am just concerned about leaving off the time (8 months) that I worked for my family business after school. I have that gap on my resume and an alumni of one of my potential programs brought it up when scanning my resume. I did manage quite a few projects for the family business. I figured maybe Id remove an internship at a hedge fund that I had during the summer of my rising junior year where I didnt have an extravagant role...what do you think?

I appreciate your feedback on my candidacy and work experience. If I happen to make a change in regard to work, Ill be sure to assess my management role/leadership opportunities in any potential position. Additionally, the upcoming Heart Association walk that Im fund-raising for should add to my community involvement. Im excited for that.
Send PM
Expert Reply
You shouldn't have to omit either experience from your resume. A skilled resume editor can make all the important stuff fit on one page.
GMAT Club Bot