Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q51  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
I submitted my app close to end of Feb. Received an email 2 weeks later for an interview. well I interviewed with Cathy last friday. it was a short decent interview that pretty much when over my essay and goal, since I guess it was "unique". she also asked how accounting would help in my goal and went over my transcripts. I got an A in accounting and B in macroecon at a community college last semester. she didn't bring those grades up or my poor undergrad GPA. she only brought up an "F" i received last semester for an accounting internship at the community college. It was a mistake and was supposed to be an "I" for incomplete. other than that it lasted like 10 mins. she said she would talk and review my file with the "commitee." so i thought i just did bad and wasn't accepted since most of the peoples received "on the spot" acceptances and a nice tour. all i got was a handshake and bye.

Well checked online today and I got accepted. I know for a fact there is no real cut off for GMAT or GPA. trust me. My scores are way below the average and everyone that has posted on this thread. maybe it's because of my occupation and goals that i wrote in my essay? seeing other peoples stats, i feel dumb. lol :lol: if i do accept, I hope everyone is pretty cool and not snobby, uptight, arrogant, backstabbing, and cocky.

are most of the applicants straight out of undergrad? I graduated 5 years ago and have some work experience. I just wasn't sure if everyone was mostly younger since work experience is not a requirement.

thanks and good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ask80, do you mind sharing your stats and your goals?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i think that is impossible for the cut off to be 650 if the average for macc is only 656 and the average for the MBT is below 650. The numbers don't add up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't know. That's what she said. Maybe she was lying to me so that I'd shut up and stop asking them why I didn't get admitted. :oops:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They already told you were rejected? :cry: Im starting to think im going to get rejected I applied feb. 19 and haven't heard anything. It sounds like a lot of people have heard back already. Would you mind sharing your stats.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ask80,
where do you go to check online to see your admission status?
Is it on the application page?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SliverTT94 congrats!!

I have an interview next week.
could you elaborate your experience and the questions that were asked.did she confirm your acceptance to the program on the spot.

Originally posted by mehrotra on 20 Mar 2008, 14:30.
Last edited by mehrotra on 20 Mar 2008, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey mehrotra,

Congrats on receiving an interview!!!! would you mind sharing your gmat score and gpa?

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Miami415

I am an international student.....and here we donot have the GPA sys...the school had to determine that for me .As far as GMAT is concerned I have a pretty good score and also good experience.

Those of you who've had an interview pls share the interview questions.Do they ask about your goals in detail??? And do they ask in detail abt your experience??

Pls share.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ask80,

I too have some 3-4 yrs experience.I have an interview next week.Did she ask you in detail about your work experience??
or was the interview more on your academic and your goals???
also pl share the quarter for which you have been admitted and scholarships awarded ( if any) .

Thanks in advance for sharing info.

mehrotra

ask80 wrote:
I submitted my app close to end of Feb. Received an email 2 weeks later for an interview. well I interviewed with Cathy last friday. it was a short decent interview that pretty much when over my essay and goal, since I guess it was "unique". she also asked how accounting would help in my goal and went over my transcripts. I got an A in accounting and B in macroecon at a community college last semester. she didn't bring those grades up or my poor undergrad GPA. she only brought up an "F" i received last semester for an accounting internship at the community college. It was a mistake and was supposed to be an "I" for incomplete. other than that it lasted like 10 mins. she said she would talk and review my file with the "commitee." so i thought i just did bad and wasn't accepted since most of the peoples received "on the spot" acceptances and a nice tour. all i got was a handshake and bye.

Well checked online today and I got accepted. I know for a fact there is no real cut off for GMAT or GPA. trust me. My scores are way below the average and everyone that has posted on this thread. maybe it's because of my occupation and goals that i wrote in my essay? seeing other peoples stats, i feel dumb. lol :lol: if i do accept, I hope everyone is pretty cool and not snobby, uptight, arrogant, backstabbing, and cocky.

are most of the applicants straight out of undergrad? I graduated 5 years ago and have some work experience. I just wasn't sure if everyone was mostly younger since work experience is not a requirement.

thanks and good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi jlister ,

could you pls share the interview questions?? How long was the interview?? and did she ask you questions about your goals in detail ???

Thanks

Originally posted by mehrotra on 20 Mar 2008, 15:23.
Last edited by mehrotra on 20 Mar 2008, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bparker wrote:
They already told you were rejected? :cry: Im starting to think im going to get rejected I applied feb. 19 and haven't heard anything. It sounds like a lot of people have heard back already. Would you mind sharing your stats.

I was rejected last year. I haven't heard anything from them yet this year. I'm still waiting too. They keep saying I'll hear from them soon, but....soon has come and gone. Waiting is driving me insane.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey mehrotra,

The main questions that I was asked was:
Why accounting
Why Macc
Goal after MAcc
Why USC
My interview was around 25 mins and then I got a call a lil while later leting me know that I had been admitted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
admission status is on the online application form. its a link at the bottom stating decision status.

my interview was short and pretty much went over my work and community volunteer experience. and then why acct and why usc and went over the minor transcript error. I think each interview is unique depending on your background and essay. the interview is very casual and low key. make sure you turn off your cell phone. :oops: it's nothing to be stressful about since cathy is pretty nice.

the webpage states you should have at least 600gmat to be competitive. i'm assuming if you have work experience it'll be some factor since some of the applicants only have their undergrad experience.

my exact dates are, app completed on 2/21, received email for invite on 3/05 from doris. interview 3/14, decision 3/20. i guess decisions vary with each applicant. i didn't receive on the spot.

did anyone that got accepted receive a scholarship? just curious
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CONGRATS to everyone who got in! i'm still waiting for my admission status. my app was done by 2/1 but they didn't receive my transcript for some reason, and i wasn't aware of that until i called and by the time i turned in my transcript (this time IN PERSON) it was a few days past the deadline. the lady who took my transcript and the people i spoke to on the phone act like it's no big deal if you're a few days late and that it doesn't really matter. not sure if it really doesn't matter or they just don't know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Im in the same position! I turned everything in on 2/19 yet I just received an email yesterday saying that my application is now complete!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WOA i thought this thread was dead lol. it was only me and jlister and now it turned into this!

for those asking:

1. i submitted a complete application near the end of January/beginning of Feb (i forget). i was emailed an interview date about 3-5 weeks later (don't remember).

2. i was formally told of my acceptance 2 days after my interview through email. an email received the day before, however, hinted that i was in. this is just my interpretation.

3. i wore a black suit with silverish stripes. i wore a bluish/black striped tie + black dress shoes.

4. the interview questions that my interviewer asked me are posted on page 1

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at tempxanga@yahoo.com, i don't mind at all. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts