Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Re: Help!! 6 days to go for the exam [#permalink]
Kudos
Good luck with the GMAT test on Saturday. I am looking forward to your great score!! You can do it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Re: Help!! 6 days to go for the exam [#permalink]
Kudos
I hope you're planning to take a break from prepping today. You've got to be tired from so many tests in one week!

Take the day off and relax. Good luck tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
640(Q50,V27) [#permalink]
Took the exam yesterday and scored a 640(50Q, 27V) ..a little disappointed becase I was aiming for a 680-700 but much better than my first attempt when I scored 580(Q44,V27)...my practice tests verbal scores were consistently above 30 and I got struck in a brute force RC.

Coming to my preparation I just used OG11,MGMAT SC, GMATPREP, MGMAT Exams.

I was out of time for the last 8 Verbal questions because of this RC and had to guess all the answers, I think thats where I lost the points.

I am applying to :

Georgia State
Georgia Tech
Emory

I think I am covered for Georgia Tech and Georgia State, but with about 3 years of work-ex I think I am on the borderline for Emory...Keeping my fingers crossed and will start applying now.

Thanks for all your inputs on this forum, it has been very helpful
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Send PM
Re: 640(Q50,V27) [#permalink]
Kudos
Amazing improvement in your quant score. I know it takes monumental effort even to move from 49 to 50 in Quant, so 44 to 50 is really a great achievement.

Good job and good luck on your applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
great quant score!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you.. but I guess I would have loved getting a 30+ in verbal... could have pushed my score to maybe 660 or 680... which was the ideal score I was looking for..just goes to show how one brutal RC can change the final score...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Good job.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Gmat800,

Congratualtions on a good score. I know you fell a little outside the range of your goal, however, I think you can still get in you school of choice. By the way, your Quant score is awesome....can you give me any advice for the test this Friday. The quant section has always given me problems, especially on MGMAT (Average Q score 44). I know you improved significantly from your first test, do you have any last minute advice?
Also, could you give me a sense of the question types you saw on the exam? What content areas do you find most of the questions concentrated on?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Gmat800,

Congratulations on a good score. I know you fell a little outside the range of your goal, however, I think you can still get in you school of choice. By the way, your Quant score is awesome....can you give me any advice for the test this Friday. The quant section has always given me problems, especially on MGMAT (Average Q score 44). I know you improved significantly from your first test, do you have any last minute advice?
Also, could you give me a sense of the question types you saw on the exam? What content areas do you find most of the questions concentrated on?

Good luck with your apps and I appreciate any advice you have to offer in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would say the major improvement in my Quant preparation has been to use OG11 and GMATPREP more effectively..I think the first time around I did not do all the problems in OG and did not retake the GMATPREP exams.Quant on the real GMAT was very similar to GMATPREP/OG11 problems.. and as I practised these a lot I think I could answer most of the questions.

I did get many questions in DS with unknowns(something like, Given X is odd and Y is even what the value of xy+x+y..just an example)

Good luck with your exam! keep your cool and you should be good!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts