Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [2]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [1]
Send PM
Re: 760 (Q49, V45) [#permalink]
Kudos
Where do we get PR tests ? Is it the one at the end of Princeton review - cracking gmat book?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Super Score. All the best for the college hunt :good
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Kudos
very well done
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Wow! You rock buddy. Perseverance prevails! Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Great Score! Rock On Buddy!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4317 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Beautiful! :-D :-D :-D :-D
CONGRATS 8-) 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The only word that summarizes everything after I read in your debrief is - WOW. That's a killer score and above all a very inspiring debrief. I am going to take your words and spend more time on practice CATs. Thanks for your advise. Have a terrific summer!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Great score! You've given some good advice as well. Best of luck with your applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 382 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for sharing your experience , its very encouraging .
I did pathetic in my first GMAT test 610 (Q48 , V27) . I completely agree with not letting the poor performance in one section or one question affect questions following . For me , even though I think I scored decent in quant , I somehow thought I did horrible in quant and kept thinking about it during verbal . I still kept my pace right and was confident about my answers in verbal , till one horrible RC came along and I failed to understand any questions asked . Not realizing that I m digging my own grave , I pushed it too hard to understand and spent some 10 minutes just on one RC , KILLER . Due to that , all the last 7 questions were just random clicks :-( . Feel horrible about my stupidity , have never ever scored such a low in verbal even in practice tests . My practice test scores were in range of 650-720. Plan to roll the sleeves again and attack the verbal section with new strategy . Anyone has good advice or good source (other than OG11) for RC? RC is my achillis heel and I really want to improve on that.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6809 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:CBS, Kellogg
Send PM
Kudos
I think , until now including my CONGRATUNATION makes you full sastified!

This is awsome! :lol:
:beer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Send PM
Hi:
Congrats on your great score!!
I started on practice for quant using OG for Quant (green book). I gave first set using 18 q from each PS and DS . I got it all correct. In fact found these extreemely easy.
Is the Quant for OG (green book) right book to practice quant ??

thankss,
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
impressive!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
perfect!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Fantastic perseverance ! Congratulations !
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for the support, everyone. I'll try to answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

bsd_lover wrote:
INCREDIBLE :)

Well done mate. Thanks for all your contributions on verbal forums and this great debrief. Would you like to share some more information of the nature of the questions you encountered ? How did they compare to the type of questions we bounce around on the forums (esp the verbal forum).

Best of luck for the future.

Quantitative: Of the 3 times I took the GMAT, I felt the worst about the quantitative section on this 3rd attempt. Ironically, I ended up receiving the highest score on this try. What was different was I received about 4 or 5 permutation/combination questions on this attempt and no more than 2-3 combined on my previous two. I thought that was a bit strange but luckily they were't very difficult. I'd say mid-level questions at worst.

Verbal: I definitely came in more prepared for this 3rd attempt. Nothing caught me off guard and I thought that the section was pretty on par with the difficulty of the GMATPrep and PowerPrep tests that I practiced with. There was the normal 4 RC passages but I did notice that the beginning of the section was very SC heavy while I got a lot more CR questions late in the test. I owe a lot of my preparation to the verbal forum on GMAT Club. In my opinion, the questions on our verbal forum are much more difficult than the verbal questions on the real GMAT. I think it's because people only post questions that they honestly don't understand, and that happens to be the mid to upper level questions from various test providers. I cannot stress enough how valuable of a resource that the GMAT Club verbal and math forums are.

abhaypratapsingh wrote:
Where do we get PR tests ? Is it the one at the end of Princeton review - cracking gmat book?

I was given access to Princeton Review (PR) tests when I signed up for the Princeton Review GMAT classroom course. They also gave me a PR "Manual for the GMAT", the OG11, and a CD containg more practice material, which I somehow lost in my room and never found :?. I don't think your CD is the same as my online classroom resources, but I'm sure the material is comparable. I would try emailing or calling PR to see if they sell access to the online classroom only.

rpmodi wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience , its very encouraging .
I did pathetic in my first GMAT test 610 (Q48 , V27) . I completely agree with not letting the poor performance in one section or one question affect questions following . For me , even though I think I scored decent in quant , I somehow thought I did horrible in quant and kept thinking about it during verbal . I still kept my pace right and was confident about my answers in verbal , till one horrible RC came along and I failed to understand any questions asked . Not realizing that I m digging my own grave , I pushed it too hard to understand and spent some 10 minutes just on one RC , KILLER . Due to that , all the last 7 questions were just random clicks :-( . Feel horrible about my stupidity , have never ever scored such a low in verbal even in practice tests . My practice test scores were in range of 650-720. Plan to roll the sleeves again and attack the verbal section with new strategy . Anyone has good advice or good source (other than OG11) for RC? RC is my achillis heel and I really want to improve on that.

Keep your head up. Don't get discouraged. It took me 3 tries to get a score that I was satisfied with. Hopefully you'll get over the hump on your next attempt. There's a great RC thread on the GMAT forum that has a great write-up (link below). I didn't fully use this method because (A) I didn't have enough time to master it and (B) I'm sorta lazy :lol:. This rhyme guy is just an overall superstar. His write-up on RC is awesome and somewhere on this site I saw him totally disect some guy's essay and provide some really useful feedback. Basically anytime he posts something, I make sure I read it...twice :-D.

1-t30247

abhaypratapsingh wrote:
Hi:
Congrats on your great score!!
I started on practice for quant using OG for Quant (green book). I gave first set using 18 q from each PS and DS . I got it all correct. In fact found these extreemely easy.
Is the Quant for OG (green book) right book to practice quant ??

thankss,

I never used the green book because I already had the OG11 (Amazon link). The majority of my practice came from all the practice CATs that I took between my 2nd and 3rd attempts. I would suggest taking full-length simulations so you get a good mixture of easy, medium, and difficult questions. Also, the math forum and the GMAT Club challenges are great practice as well. The math forum is very useful because it makes you look at every question up close. You are not only reading other people's detailed explanations but also fine tuning your processes through explaining your work. The GMAT Club quantitative challenges contain very difficult (700+ level) questions and most have good answer explanations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 382 [0]
Send PM
1-t30247

Thanks YihWei :-) for sharing this great resource.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Great score and impressive comeback.. congrats!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts