Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
MAcc2009, im in the same situation as you. Since i was accepted i haven;t received any infor beside the graduate student pack. I emailed cathy about the summer housing and she said she would give me the information sometime this week. Did you guys just go ahead and sign up for summer housing?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey good news, i asked for an extension for the CIR, since i was deciding between CSUF and USC. and i received an email stating they would give me a small partial scholarship. :-D it's probably not as generous as everyone elses but it's definitely enough to help me out. i'm willing to take any free money, even if I have to look for pennies on the ground. j/k :lol:

i sure hope to see all of you at orientation and for the 2 months of mon-fri 8am-6pm hell.. oops i mean "summer intensive" . :cry:

is the summer housing for 2 months? is it too late to apply?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ask80 :congrats!

I'm still waiting to hear from them..since I'm an international student they are still reviewing my transcripts.....Called Shirley yesterday she said it would take them some more time to review since some info was missing....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For everyone who was asking about USC e-mail accounts-

You have to send in your CIR and pay your enrollment deposit, then the registrar's office sends your info to USC IT dept. and they create a student account for you, which you have to activate.
To activate go to: https://www.usc.edu/firstlogin
Then you type in your name and birthdate to activate your account.

As for financial aid, you have to create a separate account on the USC financial aid website and then fill out the FAFSA and a supplemental USC financial aid form by May 5. If you were given a scholarship I'm pretty sure you would receive it in your acceptance letter or info.

Has anyone received any news on housing? I applied but I'm guessing this late in the game it might be too late...Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
ask80 wrote:
hey good news, i asked for an extension for the CIR, since i was deciding between CSUF and USC. and i received an email stating they would give me a small partial scholarship. :-D it's probably not as generous as everyone elses but it's definitely enough to help me out. i'm willing to take any free money, even if I have to look for pennies on the ground. j/k :lol:

i sure hope to see all of you at orientation and for the 2 months of mon-fri 8am-6pm hell.. oops i mean "summer intensive" . :cry:

is the summer housing for 2 months? is it too late to apply?

so does that mean you're going to usc?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes i will most likely go although i have yet to submit my CIR, which will be done very soon.i think there is still summer housing available, although unsure on fall/spring housing. this is was i got from shirley when i asked her.

"For the summer program, I would apply for the campus housing. We send you the details once you are confirmed to attend. It’s available and extremely convenient considering you are in class 5 days a week from 8:00 to 5:30 pm. You can purchase parking and spots are available. Parking passes go on sale May 15th."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats ask80
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I found out that I am on the waitlist for USC. I'm completely bummed and not sure what I should do. They are supposed to let me know by mid May, so the classes I am taking right now won't be complete by then. And it's a bit short notice to ask for another recommendation letter. Any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sorry to hear that squiggly. :(
hmm it's probably short notice, but maybe you can ask where you needed improvement? how the waitlist process is? and how u can better your chances at getting in? what happened to the MBT process? are you contemplating about applying next year? or are you going to try else where?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the reply, ask80. Well, I asked her about the waitlist process and if I could do anything to strengthen my candidacy. She said I can't really do anything unless I have grades for the classes I'm taking now. I pretty much just have to wait. I'm not really sure what my plans are if I don't get in. I'm looking into applying to Fullerton, but I'm still hoping that I get into USC since that's my first choice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'm not sure when the cut off date is, but send in your grades as soon as you finish, which i'm assuming is mid-may? maybe ask your teacher to write a letter of rec? good luck and hope to see you in summer or fall.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone been able to register for classes yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^ nope. if i remember right someone is supposed to contact us about classes, i forget her name.

my opinion of usc has gone down these past few weeks. in my opinion there isn't enough communication between USC and the student. i still have zero info about financial aid and how much i will need to borrow, usc messed up with my parking permit and had to send me a replacement, my usc email is not registering, i know nothing about payment and usc billing, etc etc.

i sound like a whiner. but of course, overall i am grateful for usc. 8-)

i'll continue to FIGHT ON.... in the dark... lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They also messed up on my parking permit - and I still don't have a clue about when they are going to send me a bill for summer intensive. I agree that the communcation between USC and students needs to improve. I hope It gets better by fall semester.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
from what i got from Cathy, they will take care of registration for our summer classes. and from what i got from the financial aid office, is we get our aid in june w/ $20,500 max for stafford loans. nice picture silvertt . :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^ you're talking about the macc site right? i had a formal pic for a day but my friend ian wanted me to do something controversial like taking a picture with a bruin reference in the background... i said no way. so i just went with a non formal pic instead, screw formality haha.

so i can tell that jlister is james lister on the site, but don't know anyone else. put a face to a screen name, reveal yourselves!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just checked my status on the website and found out that I got in! Yay for me! However, I didn't get an acceptance email. Did everyone get an email? Also, my CIR doesn't state a deadline, and I didn't receive any scholarship info (I don't think I got any anyway). Should I email them and ask if I got any scholarships, or is that too blunt? And also ask them if I have a deadline for the CIR?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts