Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
ques min left
1 75
5 65
10 55
15 45
20 35
25 25
30 15
35 5
37 1

thats really great man.. u did good job..

the time trick is very good.. will try to imitate it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Congrats! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey man, it is good to finally see a target score for us normal people out there just trying to break the 600 barrier.

Just a few questions:

How many CAT tests do you recommend taking? Are the MGMAT CAT's worth taking in addition to GMATPrep?
What are the most important math concepts to master if I am shooting for a math score like yours? Are the questions very similar to the OG at the Q35 level?
Any more tips for getting a Verbal score like yours? How do you compare the verbal questions on the exam to the OG?

Thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
How many CAT tests do you recommend taking?
I'd say as many as possible without burning out.
Not included in my list of CATs that I took were about 5 Kaplan CATs that I took about once a week from May-June. It helped raise my stamina for the real thing, but especially with the GMATPrep, since the layout/color/font/etc is the same, I felt that during the actual test it felt like any other GMATPrep practice test. That helped to calm my nerves down.

Are the MGMAT CAT's worth taking in addition to GMATPrep?
Yes absolutely, since if you buy any Manhattan GMAT guide new, you have access to 8 practice tests. You can take them over and over again. Plus unlike GMATPrep, the MGMAT CATs analyze your strengths/weaknesses and give explanations for all the questions. GMATPrep does not, it just says "Incorrect" if you got one wrong.

What are the most important math concepts to master if I am shooting for a math score like yours?
Well I shouldn't be giving math advice since I don't believe I am that great. But for me, I felt the most important concepts the GMAT likes to test are: Prime numbers, Factors/Multiples, Odds/Evens, sq roots/exponents, factoring, avgs.

If you have time and feel that your math skills are weak, I strongly suggest that you study the basics either on a precalculus or algebra book. If you have even more time, take a class. I wish I had done this myself.

Are the questions very similar to the OG at the Q35 level?
I believe studying the questions at the back of OG were helpful for me. I found that I had no troubles doing straightforward math in the beginning and middle sections. The questions in the diagnostic test and the last few pages (especially DS) challenged me. I think DS is my ultimate weakness, but that is a result of not having my concepts locked down, therefore I'm not able to reason as well as someone who knows their concepts. Since I couldn't break past these hard questions, I most likely just answered all the easy/mid-range questions without ever proving to be above a 35Q.

Any more tips for getting a Verbal score like yours?
I made some idiom flashcards, based on the idiom page on Manhattan SC. It helped, somewhat. I think you just gotta learn the GMAT language. Most of that can be learned from the Manhattan SC.
I was truly surprised that I got such a high verbal score. It kills me even more to think that had my quant skills been more sound, I would've gotten an killer overall score.

How do you compare the verbal questions on the exam to the OG?
I'd say they were pretty similar, nothing that I've never seen before.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Tuck, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, NYU, Columbia
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Good for you! I know there is a ton of 750+ people on this site, but if you look at the avg score for every test taker being around 530.. 610 is kick ass!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: 610 (Q35,V39) GMAT DONE! [#permalink]
well it's me again.. over 7 months have gone by, I've submitted my apps with the score I had and I've been in waitlist purgatory for the past 3.5 months.

I can't believe I would ever say this but...GLUP.. I think I may have to RETAKE THE GMAT!! :cry:

It's been so long and I am SO out of it, back to the point of where I'm a total noob and never took the test before. DS? Oh crap, not again!!

My advice to everyone is, don't go home from the test center and burn your books right away. You never know if you'll need to retake it. I know I still kept my books, so I might be blowing the dust off of them pretty soon here.. Once you get an admit letter on the other hand, then by all means burn away! :twisted:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
what schools were you applying to?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I am also curious as to which schools you are applying.

Also, are you in San Diego? I noticed your reference to the fires. I am starting a GMAT study group in SD, so if you are interested please let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Good score, DTM. The time allocation thing is also a good idea.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Congratulations on the improvement, DTM. Great job with the pacing, too!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts