Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1510 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 938 [0]
 Q50  V34
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink]
I dont ever go to the forum you are talking about so no clue what goes on there...but the point of it is to ask questions isnt it? I dont get why you feel compelled to post this or your other comment, they arent adding anything and just make you look snide and whiney.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1510 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
riverripper wrote:
I dont ever go to the forum you are talking about so no clue what goes on there...but the point of it is to ask questions isnt it? I dont get why you feel compelled to post this or your other comment, they arent adding anything and just make you look snide and whiney.

That is why I posted my comment in an "off topic" section. If you read my post carefully, you would understand that I have no problems with people asking questions. I also could care less what people think about me on an anonymous forum. And I am confident that you don't care that anonymous people, who don't know you personally, may think at first glance at your messageboard statement that you are an opportunistic piler that tends to state the obvious, either. But I could be wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 659 [0]
Send PM
gmatnub - lets forget the past and focus on GMAT, the real battle ahead :lol:

btw,I have 31 kudos only .......... :crying
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
I guess the mod's taking your kudos away bothers you enough for you to make a post about it. Here's the thing: This place is quite, how-do-you-say, proper. I've tried many a times to crack a joke in a post, and it nerver gets quite the reception I hope. Maybe I'm just not that funny. Who knows?

I actually remember your post, and it was quite harmless. I got it. However, some didn't. And I guess we need to placate those who didn't because we really don't want anyone leaving here with a bad taste. You know? So I guess I'm just saying that, yea, some of us get it.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
gmatnub,

It is very frustrating when we spend a lot of time making this community what it is (and I've only been here for less than 3 months, but believe I've done more in 3 months than many do in a year). I believe all you were asking is that the poster be careful in what he/she posts to ensure that the question posted it actually the question that needs to be answered.

I thought your response was fine. Could you have used a better tone? Probably. Next time, maybe send it via PM? At least this way it won't be in the public forum.

Keep up posting here. I don't think you'll be banned for letting off a little steam towards someone that seems to take and give little in return.

allen

PS - devilmirror stated "Your remark is very offensive." So? His username and avatar might be considered very offensive to some. I'm not a big fan of the devil myself. I don't have a problem with his name or avatar, but if he/she wants others to be sensitive regarding his/her feelings, maybe some reciprocity should be expected and devilmirror should change his username and avatar because it might be considered very offensive?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
jallenmorris wrote:
PS - devilmirror stated "Your remark is very offensive." So? His username and avatar might be considered very offensive to some. I'm not a big fan of the devil myself. I don't have a problem with his name or avatar, but if he/she wants others to be sensitive regarding his/her feelings, maybe some reciprocity should be expected and devilmirror should change his username and avatar because it might be considered very offensive?

Ughhh, it's an avatar. Come on. J Allen, your avatar can be offensive (I think it's quite hilarious). Some guy called me out as a cigarette pusher who's responsible for the many cig related deaths. Let's not get crazy.

I think the best way to react to someone is to just ignore him/his post. If it gets out of hand, we'll step in.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
kidderek, I agree with you it can be taken too far, and that was the underlying point of my post. I think so many people are way too sensitive. I also made sure I wrote that I have no problem with his post. Some people (I would include devilmirror) with this group need to suck it up and be able to deal with it when they get offended rather than expect everyone else to cater to their fragile emotions.

Agreed...ignoring them is probably the best action.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 659 [0]
Send PM
I think this post should be read by all participants.

Though agreeing with jallenmorris and kidderek , I still will like to state that GmatClub is not a
place to satisfy our EGOs.

I honestly think that taking away Kudos was very unfair but the comments from gmatnub were not called for. They did not have humour ( atleast I did not feel so ) , they were more like egoistic.

To satisfy HUMOUR talents we can go out with friends in pub !!!

This forum is to practice GMAT , and to do it wisely we need decorum. I think moderator did the correct thing by locking the previous thread.

Also , even tough you guys feel that emotions ( fragile) should not be taken care of - Make it a rule in the forum participation code. And I feel no women should participate - they have more so called fragile emotions I think ( kidding here - no offend intended )

Anyways, kudos should be back to gmatnub ( +1 from me ).
GMAT Club Bot