Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: GMAT & the application process [#permalink]
Expert Reply
riteshb wrote:
Well, my Quant. scores on my practice tests have been horrible so far & am wondering how important the Quant. score is by itself for a school that is not in the top 10 since I don't intend to apply to any of those schools. I've read that for some top 10 schools you should be in the 80% percentile. My scores are in the 60% percentile right now and I always score below my level on timed multiple choice tests (as I did on the SAT). Is there any other way to show the schools that I'm really not weak in math? I'm not on the level as some on the boards here but I was always good at math in school, just not speed math.

I'm frustrated that my quant. skllls may be decided from 37 questions & 75 minutes. I am targeting schools in the top 30 in the U.S. for a marketing MBA.

I want to take the actual GMAT and start the application process so I can apply in the 1st or 2nd round at the latest but I'm worried about the math score. I am working fulltime & may be taking Accounting and a finance class this fall to brush up on those subjects.

TAking these classes is a good idea. I share you concern about the 60% quant score being a red flag at top 30 schools. It may not be a knockout, but is a negative. The quant courses will mitigate. If your work is also quantitatively demanding, that will help you too.

For more suggestions, please see "MBA Admissions: Applying with low GMAT/GPA and "The GMAT in MBA Admissions"

For suggestions on how to handle the time demands of the GMAT, your fellow GMAT club members can provide far better advice than I can.

Good luck!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

You might consider taking a one-on-one course with an experienced instructor to work on solving speeded mathematics problems. I have observed many students make large improvements in their quant scores after completing a comprehensive training program when they have strong grades but relatively weak test scores.

Hjort
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]