Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: Question... [#permalink]
lphiekickmydog wrote:
Hey AkamaiBrah,

I keep seeing this OG terminology referenced to in a lot of forum posts? What exactly does is stand for? And where exactly can i obtain past practice GMAT tests from (i.e. the ones that are actually administered by the ETS)?

Thanks for you help, and Berkeley is an amazing place,
Vivek

its the Official Guide for GMAT Review .

<a href = "https://www.gmatclub.com/content/resources/reviews/index.php?changeCategory(%2Fgmat)&browse()" >Official Guide</a>

you can logon to mba.com . The past practice gmat tests are avaliable for sale there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi AkamaiBrah,
I'm a hapless chap from India who could score only 510 in 1st attempt.
42Q,19V
This time I did not get time to focus OG but did KAP & PR books.I think they can prepare you for 550 max.
As an expert can you suggest me any support book alongwith OG.
Going by different threads I believe Manhattan offers good materials.
But again they are too costly.The irony is $30 may not look much but it translates into INR 1400 which is of big value.And as you understand I've already invested enough in GMAT.
Secondly how long it will take to reach India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT [#permalink]
Hi Akamai:

Wanted a honeset opinin from you as to how good are the CATs provided by manhattan GMAT, I took their 9 week course last year, could not take the exam last year for some personal reasons, am aspiring to take the exam at the end of this month. I have taken three practice tests from the Manhattan GMAT CAT CD and have consistently scored 690-700 range. I would really like to hear your opininon about my performance so far. Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks for all your input
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 534 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Seems like you read my mind!!!
I tend to do exactly like the first paragraph says, the answer always is simple when I look at it, get satisfied and move on. i don't realize why I got the answer wrong the first time.

Also, too many tests and not enough subject matter preparation is a huge mistake.
Thanks for the tip.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Some advice from an old pro... [#permalink]
I agree your point about the "thinking process". I should try to draw a balance between that and time management for each question.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Cannot agree more. It reminds me to stick to the time limit during practice and only profound over the question afterward. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
BULLdoser wrote:
Hi AkamaiBrah,

Secondly how long it will take to reach India.

I've been familiarizing myself with this site for a few weeks now, not really commenting because most everything has been addressed. In that time I have come across a lot of posts by people begging OPs for detailed help with their "particular situation." This thread is no different, and I applaud the OP for not replying to any of these! However, this one question was just too much! When I read it, after the already laundry list of typical questions this guys asked for help with, I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes (I am still chuckling).

The OP works at an IB, not the freaking post office!!! How the hell do you expect him to know or answer that question?! I am guessing CR wasn't your forte!

Well there it is, my first post! I will try refrain from asking stupid or repetitive questions, and vow to use search like a lot of the folks above hadn't.

PS I do know that this was posted quite some time ago, but it was just so ludicrous that I couldn't help myself:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Good advice. I sometimes fall into the trap of wanting to take too many practice tests but not actually study. The first time I took the GMAT using this method, and scored a 680. I'm hoping that by buckling down and actually using some of the strategies outlined here, I'll be able to go 700+.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
The reference about wanting the newest best book is right on point... Algebra, Arithmetic and Geometry has not changed in a really long time. Its either you have a great foundation on number properties or you dont. For the most part all the books will explain each concept in a similar way. However, until one spends time learning the concept it will never sink in. I used to tutor math and always made my students "teach" me how to do whatever we were working on. If you cannot explain how to solve a problem then you have no idea how to do it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Foster (I)
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
That's exactly the mistake I made the first time I took the test. :(
GMAT Club Bot