Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare Marketing
Schools:R1 - Kellogg, Tuck (W), Yale, Cornell, R2- Haas, Ross, R3 - Foster
 Q46  V37
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
eileen1017 wrote:
I have a really dumb question about transcript. My undergrad school does not do direct wire transcript to the school. Can I just order a copy and mail it to the school?

As long as the official seal is not tampered with.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Do you all agree that 500 words is such an awfully low amount of space to write your career progression, goals, why MBA and why Tuck ! I mean the Tuck essay question does not specifically ask for career progression, but I am assuming that you all will be touching that topic in that essay. Let me know if I am wrong. Other school that I am applying to (UNC) has a space of 1200 for the same question, which seems more realistic. Of course, I know I don't have an option here except making my essay taut. But it looks like the adcoms have really a low threshold of patience levels while reading our essays. Thoughts ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
rgajare14 wrote:
Do you all agree that 500 words is such an awfully low amount of space to write your career progression, goals, why MBA and why Tuck ! I mean the Tuck essay question does not specifically ask for career progression, but I am assuming that you all will be touching that topic in that essay. Let me know if I am wrong. Other school that I am applying to (UNC) has a space of 1200 for the same question, which seems more realistic. Of course, I know I don't have an option here except making my essay taut. But it looks like the adcoms have really a low threshold of patience levels while reading our essays. Thoughts ?

It seems like most schools are heading in that direction. It's not easy, but you can write a good essay in 500 words that covers all that stuff. You'll probably limit your career progression to a couple sentences highlighting your major achievements.

RF
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
if we opt to take the interview on campus, do we have an option to be interviewed by Tuck alum (since they are further along in their careers and would understand better than a "second year" student would)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Considering that a huge % (by huge I'm thinking greater than 75%) of Tuck alumni no longer live in Hanover, the option of having an alum of Tuck do the on campus interview is not likely going to happen. I'm guessing the interview is conducted by one of the admissions staff or admissions committee members. There might be a current student sitting in on it to give their perspective, but I highly doubt the entire interview is left up to a current student.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Scheduled my interview - September 25th. Splash and dash - in to Boston at 10:30 Wednesday, take the bus to Hanover and interview on Thursday, take the bus back, and fly out of Boston at 6am on Friday!

On a related note - since it seems a few of us will be interviewing before we submit our apps, what kind of materials do we need to provide prior to interviewing?

~Sam
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Sam, you should look at how you are going to get to the airport on Friday morning. You need to be at Logan a few hours before so like 4 am. Its a 2.5 hour or so trip down there so you will need to load a bus at 1am and I doubt there is such a bus in Hanover.

I would say you would want to look at flights closer to 10 or later.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
or take the last bus out of Hanover that night and stay at a hotel near logan. If you're alone, you could just stay the entire night at the airport and not sleep. Sleep on the flight back home and make up lost sleep that weekend when you get home. Could save you $100+ (but i'm just cheap :-D)

riverripper wrote:
Sam, you should look at how you are going to get to the airport on Friday morning. You need to be at Logan a few hours before so like 4 am. Its a 2.5 hour or so trip down there so you will need to load a bus at 1am and I doubt there is such a bus in Hanover.

I would say you would want to look at flights closer to 10 or later.
Current Student
Send PM
sam77sam7 wrote:
Scheduled my interview - September 25th. Splash and dash - in to Boston at 10:30 Wednesday, take the bus to Hanover and interview on Thursday, take the bus back, and fly out of Boston at 6am on Friday!

On a related note - since it seems a few of us will be interviewing before we submit our apps, what kind of materials do we need to provide prior to interviewing?

~Sam

From the email I got, the only thing you need to provide is a resume.

RF
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
River,

Sorry for the confusion, I am taking the last bus out of Hanover Thursday evening, staying in a hotel near Logan for a couple hours, then catching a flight from Logan at 6am...

Should be a whirl-wind tour!

~Sam
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Some brilliant person posted that same suggestion above! :lol: You each must be destined for greatness!

sam77sam7 wrote:
River,

Sorry for the confusion, I am taking the last bus out of Hanover Thursday evening, staying in a hotel near Logan for a couple hours, then catching a flight from Logan at 6am...

Should be a whirl-wind tour!

~Sam
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hahaha.. hopefully!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
refurb wrote:
rgajare14 wrote:

It seems like most schools are heading in that direction. It's not easy, but you can write a good essay in 500 words that covers all that stuff. You'll probably limit your career progression to a couple sentences highlighting your major achievements.

RF

Yeah. I agree bcos even Duke seems to have done the same thing. Right now, I have 2 paras on my career progression (which is around 225 words) and remaining part is Goals, Why MBA and Why Tuck. And to come to this, I really had to work hard on making the progression section taut. Writing about educational path was out of question obviously. I know that we should include some amount of career progression in this essay. But the big question is what should be the ideal ratio or carrer progression vs goals + why mba. And I also understand there is nothing like ideal in the essays. But I am just worried that couple of sentences may be a little less. Any more thoughts on this ?

Btw, I am scheduled for 13th Oct (3pm - 3:30 pm) for my interview. I am planning to drive down to Hanover on the earlier Sunday nite. Its about 4 hours drive from where I live. I have not yet completed my hotel bookings. Will do that in the next two or three weeks. Good part is I have got to know the names of few hotels from this post earlier. So may do my bookings in one of them. Although mine is scheduled at 3 pm, I am thinking that I will still need to be there on the earlier evening, since reaching there at 9:45 am will be too tight with 4 hours of driving in the morning !
Current Student
Send PM
rgajare14 wrote:
But the big question is what should be the ideal ratio or carrer progression vs goals + why mba. And I also understand there is nothing like ideal in the essays. But I am just worried that couple of sentences may be a little less. Any more thoughts on this ?

That is the most maddening thing about writing these short essays, there is so much to talk about, but very little space to do it in. For my Ross essay, I've got a little over 100 words describing my educational background/job function/accomplishments (they don't ask for it, so I'm being brief).

The remaining 400 words cover career goals, why MBA, why now and why Ross.

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
scheduled my interview for the 23rd! Will be flying into Boston on the 22nd, taking the bus to Hanover, campus tour/class visit/interview on the 23rd, take the bus back to Boston at night, visiting MIT (tour/class/lunch) on the 24th and flying back to Madison on the 24th evening.

woo!

ac.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Anyone else get an email about a reception in Minneapolis in October? Anyone planning on going?
I'm thinking it's one of those mass-invite-by-region things people get when they register for the interview but am curious...

cheers,
ac.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
I got one for the Dallas reception. Anyone going?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37