Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Re: Calling Michigan Ross School of Business Applicants - 2009! [#permalink]
aakashganga wrote:
Where would you be staying? I wanted to stay in the hotels within walking distance from the campus. So, I went to the recommended hotels list on the Ross website and the cheapest room available is for $199.

Dang, that's pretty expensive. I'd just go with whatever is recommended on the website. The only hotel I know of that's on campus is the Bell Tower, but that's probably more than $199/night. It may be cheaper to get a hotel off campus and renting a car.

I'm crashing on my old roommate's couch. He's about 3 miles off campus so I'll have to rent a car.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
You can easily find a place to stay for $50-70 per night within a couple of miles on campus. Red Roof Inn, Extended Stay America, Sheraton and a ton of other hotels are around the boardwalk area (2 miles from campus). The hotels are well connected by public transport($1 fare).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:
You can easily find a place to stay for $50-70 per night within a couple of miles on campus. Red Roof Inn, Extended Stay America, Sheraton and a ton of other hotels are around the boardwalk area (2 miles from campus). The hotels are well connected by public transport($1 fare).

I stayed at the Marriott At Eagle Crest in Ypsilanti . I got a good deal with priceline , $72.94 ( includes tax). This is very close to the school but not walking distance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
visiting on 9/8 and applying for round 1.

went there for undergrad and loved it. i miss it even more after graduating. it's a beautiful and very "home sweet home" feeling campus.
Current Student
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:

Thank you.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
PM some of us current Wolverines - Darden2010, ncprasad and me - about the dates and times you all are getting into AA and we'll try and set up a meeting. If there are more than one of you visiting on a particular day, even better!
Current Student
Send PM
KingKREEP wrote:
PM some of us current Wolverines - Darden2010, ncprasad and me - about the dates and times you all are getting into AA and we'll try and set up a meeting. If there are more than one of you visiting on a particular day, even better!

wow.. That would be awesome... Thank you so much.
Current Student
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
Anyone applying or has applied to Discover Ross?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing & General Management
Schools:University of Michigan - Ross 2010
 Q47  V44
Send PM
To campus visitors:

I am in the class of 2010 as well. Last year when I visited AA for the admitted student weekend (GBR), I Pricelined and got an extended stay room for $55/night. On a weekday when no major event is going on, I think you should have no problem finding something in $50-$70 range.

FYI, nearly ALL hotels are at the same area, the $200 or $50, regardless. As ncprasad already stated, $1 takes you to Ross right away. If you drove, parking in the Hill street structure (1 block Northeast of Ross) is 80 cents an hour. Yes that cheap.

feel free to pm

GO BLUE!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey I am new to this board, and definitly applying to Michigan RD1. Seems like September 25th is a popular date for school visit, I'll be there on that date too...and on my way to Chicago on Friday the 26th...

Maybe see you all there.

I'll be there on September 25th!![/quote]
I'm still deciding between the 25th and the 26th. The 26th works so much better since I'm flying in from the West Coast but that happy hour on the 25th is calling to me...Oh yeah, class visits too on the 25th! :rotate[/quote]
Wooooooooo! I'm in for Thursday the 25th. I'll be the guy in the maize and blue striped dress shirt!!![/quote]
Current Student
 Q49  V45
Send PM
zhl226 wrote:
Hey I am new to this board, and definitly applying to Michigan RD1. Seems like September 25th is a popular date for school visit, I'll be there on that date too...and on my way to Chicago on Friday the 26th...

Maybe see you all there.

Cool, one more GMATClubber for the 25th. What about the Ross program has you interested? What other schools are you targeting?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Darden(R1) UNC(R2) Ross(R2) Emory(R2) Olin(R1) Smeal(R1) Ga Tech (R1)
Send PM
Hey all,

Am applying in the first round... just about finished my 1st for all the essays... Looking at the application itself now and had a major query regarding the submission of transcripts/marksheets(basically all the documents that have to physically reach) I wanted to know whether these documents have to also reach before the deadline of Oct. 10??? or if I can scan and upload them and send the hard copy at a later stage? This would help save a lot of time and money as far as mailing everything to all schools from India!!

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks ,

Uday
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YihWei wrote:
Cool, one more GMATClubber for the 25th. What about the Ross program has you interested? What other schools are you targeting?[/quote]

I am interested in Ross cause its a good school, good population of post MBA consultants, I like their one MAP program -like a mini hands on internship, they seem to have a practicle approach to teaching MBA students, the new building should help too.

Right now I am also targeting Chicago, Duke, maybe Kellogg
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Hey guys,

I'm applying JD/MBA for Michigan (Round 1 for the MBA). Good luck to everyone applying!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Essay Question # 1 - Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why is an MBA the best choice at this point in your career? What and/or who influenced your decision to apply to Ross?

For those that have started on the app, I'm hoping to get some clarity or at least a consensus on this. Should we be discussing "Why Ross" in this question? I mean, various aspects of the curriculum, such as MAP, Wolverine Venture Fund, etc. are valid reasons for "what influenced your decision..."

Does this seem fair, or am I completely off base? What is everyone else planning to do for that section of the essay.

There isn't a heck of a lot of wiggle room to show Ross love in the other essay questions...
Current Student
 Q49  V45
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
Essay Question # 1 - Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why is an MBA the best choice at this point in your career? What and/or who influenced your decision to apply to Ross?

For those that have started on the app, I'm hoping to get some clarity or at least a consensus on this. Should we be discussing "Why Ross" in this question? I mean, various aspects of the curriculum, such as MAP, Wolverine Venture Fund, etc. are valid reasons for "what influenced your decision..."

Does this seem fair, or am I completely off base? What is everyone else planning to do for that section of the essay.

There isn't a heck of a lot of wiggle room to show Ross love in the other essay questions...

IMO, yes. The way I intepret this question: (1) What are your long-term and short-term goals? (2) Why an MBA now? (3) Why Ross? Then there's the whole flow issue and figuring out how you're going to properly address all three questions without using more than 500 words. My second draft is currently sitting at 551...

This was the first essay I wrote and the 500 word limit made it a living hell. On hindsight, I should have started with other school's goals essays first before trying to piece this one together.

:shocked
Current Student
Send PM
Has anyone started on the challenging time essay?

4. Describe your experience during a challenging time in your life. Explain how you grew personally, either despite this challenge or because of it.

This appears to be a non-professional essay. I wonder how many of us face a challenging time in lives...I mean completing your undergrad can't constitute a challenging time...

I feel it would be something that could have affected your life (e.g. parents divorced) but you didn't let it affect you... In fact you became self dependent very early because of it. or you had to do 2 jobs to complete your education...

What else can you think of? Most of us Indians don't face (fortunately) such issues.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66