Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
This is how schedule looks.

Schedule:

9:45 AM - Arrive at Tuck
10:15 AM - Class Visit
12:00 PM - Lunch with students
12:45 PM - Tour of Campus
1:30 PM - Q&A Session with member of the admissions committee
2:15 PM - Interview

I have my visit this coming week. I will inform u ll about my experience shortly after.
rgajare14 wrote:
raabenb wrote:
*INTERVIEW COMPLETE*

So I just got back to Philly after a longggggggggg drive from Hanover.

I was the first interview so an admissions staffer interviewed me and a second year student shadowed her as part of the training.

The interview was very conversational and took about 30 minutes including Q&A with both the student and the staffer.

The specific questions she worked into the conversation:

Why an MBA?
Why Tuck?
(I covered my short and long term goals in this part)
What will you add to Tuck/participate in?
Walk me through your resume.
What would your team members say about you?

About 1/3 of the interview was spent on an odd tangent. My interviewer asked me about a social meet-up I started and we literally talked about it for 10 min. Everytime I thought the convo about it was over, she would dig deeper. It was nice to share a little about who I am outside of work, but I wish that time had been spent on some other areas such as leadership stories, accomplishments, my volunteer work.....I barely got to mention any of that because of the tangent!

Everybody there was super nice and made me feel very comfortable. Any specific questions anybody has, just ask!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Interesting to know about the tangential part of your interview. Did you talk about this social meet up your self or was this mentioned on your resume ? Wasn't this your volunteer work ?

Did you have a class visit too before/after your interview ? If yes, based on your interactions with students did you include anything new in your answer for "Why Tuck?"
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
The meet-up was on my resume. I do have a lot of really solid volunteer work on my resume also but she chose to specifically talk about this social group I started.....

I was the first interview of the application season and it was at 8:30 am. After the interview I did class visit, tour, and lunch with students. That means during the interview, I touched on my conversations with students/alumni and the info session I attended.

I was told that all interviews after Monday September 13th will be conducted by second year students only.

rgajare14 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Interesting to know about the tangential part of your interview. Did you talk about this social meet up your self or was this mentioned on your resume ? Wasn't this your volunteer work ?

Did you have a class visit too before/after your interview ? If yes, based on your interactions with students did you include anything new in your answer for "Why Tuck?"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
raabenb wrote:
I was told that all interviews after Monday September 13th will be conducted by second year students only.

oh, thats sad! I was hoping that a member of the adcom would interview me! They just trained the students for 2 days?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Question for those re-applying... how are you guys/gals handling the essays? Same topics as last year, tricky to navigate repetition vs. maintaining consistency in your profile. Don't want to write the same essays as last year but don't want to present an entirely new story/set of experiences either. Wondering if others have discussed this with school reps or other applicants. Good luck everyone
Current Student
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
*INTERVIEW COMPLETE*

I was interviewed by a member of the admissions staff. The interview was very casual and took about 35 minutes with Q and A, usual questions:

Walk me through your resume
Why an MBA?
Why Tuck?
How will you contribute to the Tuck community ( helps to have the essay#4 ready)
What don't you like about working in teams.
Describe a project which was not a success and what was your role in it.

Also attended a first year core class, the prof was really good. Had lunch with students , everyone was very nice and friendly.

All in all , a great experience. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
prospect wrote:
*INTERVIEW COMPLETE*

I was interviewed by a member of the admissions staff. The interview was very casual and took about 35 minutes with Q and A, usual questions:

Why an MBA?
Why Tuck?
How will you contribute to the Tuck community ( helps to have the essay#4 ready)

Also attended a first year core class, the prof was really good. Had lunch with students , everyone was very nice and friendly.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
All the questions that you listed sound common except the one about working in teams. Were you prepared for this one ?

And hope you found a good parking :-)
Current Student
Send PM
rgajare14 wrote:
prospect wrote:
*INTERVIEW COMPLETE*

Why an MBA?
Why Tuck?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
All the questions that you listed sound common except the one about working in teams. Were you prepared for this one ?

And hope you found a good parking :-)

Yeah the team question came as a surprise , but I think I managed to answer it. Parking was fortunately easy to find , right in front of the school actually.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
quick question for those of you who've already had your interviews: did you take copies of your resume with you? any other materials to give to the adcom folks?

cheerio,
ac.
Current Student
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
quick question for those of you who've already had your interviews: did you take copies of your resume with you? any other materials to give to the adcom folks?

cheerio,
ac.

I took copies of my resume , but it was not needed. I also took copies of my transcripts but they don't need that till the decision period. When are you visiting Tuck? Good luck for your interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:

cheerio,
ac.

The confirmation email from the admissions office asks that you get a hard copy for the interview.

Questions from my interview that haven't been mentioned before:
- What accomplishment that you are most proud of?
- Biggest personal regret?
- What do you do outside of work?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Just so everyone knows I got an email from the admissions office today saying that they are opening a few more interview slots. So if you're on a waitlist for an interview date there's a good chance that you'll get an interview soon. Good news for us slackers (relative to the rest of this community)
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks for the good vibes! my interview is tomorrow afternoon - I have the class visit/lunch/etc in the morning. I'll post my experience shortly after. :-D

Side note/hotel plug: I'm staying at the Courtyard in Lebanon, NH. One of the best courtyards I've stayed at in the last year or so :)

prospect wrote:
ac8706 wrote:

cheerio,
ac.

I took copies of my resume , but it was not needed. I also took copies of my transcripts but they don't need that till the decision period. When are you visiting Tuck? Good luck for your interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
Thanks for the good vibes! my interview is tomorrow afternoon - I have the class visit/lunch/etc in the morning. I'll post my experience shortly after. :-D

Side note/hotel plug: I'm staying at the Courtyard in Lebanon, NH. One of the best courtyards I've stayed at in the last year or so :)

prospect wrote:
ac8706 wrote:

cheerio,
ac.

All the best for your interview. Hope you do well.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
I stayed at the courtyard as well. GREAT hotel and super convenient.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!

ac8706 wrote:

prospect wrote:
ac8706 wrote:

cheerio,
ac.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Did everyone receive a detailed schedule before their visit? My interview is at 11 but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to show up at 11 or earlier in the day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [1]
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Kudos
cereal255 wrote:
Did everyone receive a detailed schedule before their visit? My interview is at 11 but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to show up at 11 or earlier in the day.

cereal255,

I scheduled my interview around a month back. And immediately I got an email with the details..This is what the email says - I will suggest that you call the Admissions office asap and talk to them. They may resend you the email

"
Schedule:

3:00 PM - Interview

Parking:

Visitor parking at Tuck is extremely limited. We recommend parking by the Medical School in the Dewey Field Lot. To get to the Dewey Field Lot go around the Dartmouth Green and take a right onto North Main Street which willl take you past Tuck Drive on the left. Follow North Main for another minute and take a right onto Maynard Street followed by a left onto College Street. Dewey Field Parking is on the left. Tuck is about a 10 minute walk from Dewey and there is also a shuttle that comes every seven minutes. PLEASE make sure that you allow plenty of time to locate parking on campus, particularly if you arrive mid morning. We can not allow students to enter class late so it is imperative that you arrive on time to the Admissions Office. When you check in for your visit you will be asked to provide information on your vehicle so we may register it with the parking office. For more parking information and a parking map click here.

If you are considering bringing your partner with you to campus or just have a few questions regarding partner and family life here at Tuck, please contact Meredith Magee. Meredith is the president of the Tuck Partners Club and would be more than happy to coordinate your partner's visit. She can be reached via email at tuck.partner.club@dartmouth.edu.

Directions:
Please go to our website at : https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/directions.html
For a complete campus map of Dartmouth College visit: https://www.dartmouth.edu/~maps/.

We look forward to seeing you at Tuck!
All the best,"
Current Student
Send PM
My schedule was exactly the same as rgajare's! :lol:

rgajare14 wrote:
cereal255 wrote:

cereal255,

I scheduled my interview around a month back. And immediately I got an email with the details..This is what the email says - I will suggest that you call the Admissions office asap and talk to them. They may resend you the email

"
Schedule:

3:00 PM - Interview

Parking:

Visitor parking at Tuck is extremely limited. We recommend parking by the Medical School in the Dewey Field Lot. To get to the Dewey Field Lot go around the Dartmouth Green and take a right onto North Main Street which willl take you past Tuck Drive on the left. Follow North Main for another minute and take a right onto Maynard Street followed by a left onto College Street. Dewey Field Parking is on the left. Tuck is about a 10 minute walk from Dewey and there is also a shuttle that comes every seven minutes. PLEASE make sure that you allow plenty of time to locate parking on campus, particularly if you arrive mid morning. We can not allow students to enter class late so it is imperative that you arrive on time to the Admissions Office. When you check in for your visit you will be asked to provide information on your vehicle so we may register it with the parking office. For more parking information and a parking map click here.

If you are considering bringing your partner with you to campus or just have a few questions regarding partner and family life here at Tuck, please contact Meredith Magee. Meredith is the president of the Tuck Partners Club and would be more than happy to coordinate your partner's visit. She can be reached via email at tuck.partner.club@dartmouth.edu.

Directions:
Please go to our website at : https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/directions.html
For a complete campus map of Dartmouth College visit: https://www.dartmouth.edu/~maps/.

We look forward to seeing you at Tuck!
All the best,"
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  37