Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
I think the interview went well. The chap (2nd year) interviewing was easy going so there was a comfortable vibe to the interview.
Good luck at yours and have fun!!

sam77sam7 wrote:
AC,

Thanks very much for the update! How did you feel? Do you think it went well? Did you interview with a 2nd year or AdCom member?

My interview is tomorrow @ 3:15pm! Should be a whirlwind tour, bus in at noon, out at 5! I am a little nervous, but excited!

~Sam
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
I am trying to plan my trip to Tuck for the end of October. Would anyone mind telling me how you guys are scheduling your flights out in the evening?

The Dartmouth Coach seems to leave Hanover at 5:00 PM and arrive at Logan Airport at around 7:50, assuming no traffic. I am only seeing flights departing the latest at around 8:30 PM. Would this be cutting it really really close? Should I just plan to rent a car instead?
Current Student
Send PM
Yea I ran into that too and changed my itinerary quite a bit. I had to fly back to WI and couldn't find a flight that left late enough in the evening...the latest I found was 8:15pm which was cutting it too close to take the 5pm bus. I realized that my only option was to fly out early morning the next day...since I had to take time off to do that, I just took the day off and figured I'd go to MIT while I was in Boston.

Here's what I ended up doing:
- fly into Boston on Monday, arrive around 2pm, take 3:55 shuttle to NH
- Tuesday, interview/visit/etc - take 5pm shuttle back to Boston
- Wednesday - visit MIT, fly out in late afternoon (I'm currently hanging out in the airport)

hope this helps!
ac.

terp06 wrote:
I am trying to plan my trip to Tuck for the end of October. Would anyone mind telling me how you guys are scheduling your flights out in the evening?

The Dartmouth Coach seems to leave Hanover at 5:00 PM and arrive at Logan Airport at around 7:50, assuming no traffic. I am only seeing flights departing the latest at around 8:30 PM. Would this be cutting it really really close? Should I just plan to rent a car instead?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Uh oh. I can't do that. I will need to make it out late in the evening from Boston. I guess I'll have to look and see if I can find some other flights, and most likely rent a rental car as well.

AC - how much time did your interviews take? Were you done by 4PM?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
With a Monday interview slot you can do it in 2 work days.

I'm flying into Boston on Sunday, arrive at Hanover around 8. Monday is interview/visit then I'm staying in Hanover Monday night and taking the coach back to Boston Tuesday morning and flying home Tuesday afternoon. So, I'm taking 2 days off work.

I guess you could get home even earlier Tuesday if you chose to take the bus back to Boston on monday night, stay in Boston and catch the first flight Tuesday morning. You'll gain 3 hours on the flight so you could probably be back in town by noon and, if your really crazy, go straight to the office and only take a half day Tuesday.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
With a Monday interview slot you can do it in 2 work days.

I'm flying into Boston on Sunday, arrive at Hanover around 8. Monday is interview/visit then I'm staying in Hanover Monday night and taking the coach back to Boston Tuesday morning and flying home Tuesday afternoon. So, I'm taking 2 days off work.

I guess you could get home even earlier Tuesday if you chose to take the bus back to Boston on monday night, stay in Boston and catch the first flight Tuesday morning. You'll gain 3 hours on the flight so you could probably be back in town by noon and, if your really crazy, go straight to the office and only take a half day Tuesday.

In hindsight, this would have been smart. However, I will absolutely need to come back late Monday due to a connecting flight I have booked Tuesday morning. I guess I'll just have to rent a car, bust out of Hanover hopefully by 4, and hope that I can make it to Logan by 7-ish.
Current Student
Send PM
My interview started at 3, finished at 3:40, spent 10 mins or so talking to the guy in the hallway...I was out by 3:50....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am also visiting on a monday and have a flight from NYC on Tuesday early morning. here is how I am planning it

NYC-Boston ( Sunday): Greyhound (I am saving money here, visiting for internationals from Asia itself is a BIG spend)

Boston- Lebanon ( Sunday): Dartmouth Coach

After interview and class visit on Monday I will take the coach back to Boston and then a Greyhound to NYC. Will reach port auhtority around 11:00 pm. Then I have a 6:00 am flight next morning.........phew

NYC-Boston-NYC non-refundable greyhound fare is $36. Return fare on coach is $50. I think this is cheap and worth giving a consideration.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
quick question for those of you who've already had your interviews: did you take copies of your resume with you? any other materials to give to the adcom folks?

cheerio,
ac.

I would never go to any BS interviews without resumes. Although you will never pull out any resume since normally all the interviewers should have yours, if it happens (0.1% chances maybe) you still don't want to look unprepared and somewhat stupid for not having even one extra resume.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
My interview was the first interview of the season for Tuck and they did not have my resume even though I had sent it to them. The same thing with all the interviews after me....so I actually had to give them a copy!

Antmavel wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
quick question for those of you who've already had your interviews: did you take copies of your resume with you? any other materials to give to the adcom folks?

cheerio,
ac.

I would never go to any BS interviews without resumes. Although you will never pull out any resume since normally all the interviewers should have yours, if it happens (0.1% chances maybe) you still don't want to look unprepared and somewhat stupid for not having even one extra resume.
Current Student
Send PM
I ended up carrying copies of mine just in case...turned out to be a good thing since the chap interviewing me wanted a second copy for notes. He had written his questions on the first one...

raabenb wrote:
My interview was the first interview of the season for Tuck and they did not have my resume even though I had sent it to them. The same thing with all the interviews after me....so I actually had to give them a copy!

Antmavel wrote:
ac8706 wrote:

cheerio,
ac.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
I interview in a week. How much time did you guys spend prepping and what did you do to prep? I just can't get myself motivated to prep for this thing.
Current Student
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
I interview in a week. How much time did you guys spend prepping and what did you do to prep? I just can't get myself motivated to prep for this thing.

I really enjoy interviews so I don't usually stress about them or the prepping so this may be abnormal. :lol: I prepped on the bus ride over and briefly on the night before the interview...I think it was no more than a total of 1.5 hours...To prep, I: reviewed my resume, reviewed my ECs, reviewed school specific information.

hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Just finished my interview yesterday... long drive from Hanover back to Buffalo

Pretty much the same questions as everyone else, interviewed by a second year student.

Walk me through your resume.
Why MBA?
Why Tuck?
How do you work in teams?
What is an example of how you mentored someone. (Had a good "managing from below" example that my interviewer seemed to like)
Explain your career progression.

I'm a terrible interviewer so hopefully I didn't blow it too badly.

My wife got to meet with one of the Tuck Partners and was impressed with how involved she would be with the community. Tuck also offers assistance in finding job placements for spouses in Hanover once you're there.

Also repeating what everyone else says, about 80% of the student body plays hockey (which is great for me) also lots of outdoorsy wintry activities. Apparently hiking is also big in the fall/summer. Whoever else has visited can say how beautiful the scenery in the area is, especially at this time of year.

The tour guide mentioned that this was one of the bigger tour groups he'd seen so again repeating how competitive this year's application pool is going to be.

Overall I thought that it was a beautiful place with great students and seems like a great place to spend two years. Hopefully applying in the ED round will help.
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I had my interview last week, I suppose I should get around to posting a recap.

Same questions as everyone else here - so no need to cover those.

The one VERY interesting thing that the Admission's Committee member did mention was that last year they received just under 150 apps for Early Action, and they don't expect it to be that much higher this year. So good news for those of us in Early Action, possibly a pretty small pool of us.

Just some guessing -

If they have a target class size of 240, probably means they have to admit... 400 (60% yield)? Maybe a little lower, 350?

I would imagine they draw maybe 30-50 of those from early action? Anyone else have a prediction?

~Sam
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
I'm hoping that it's a fairly small pool. I'm worried about the sheer number of people interviewing yesterday. Hopefully most of them will be applying in the later rounds though. My essays just need some minor tweaking and then I'm ready to submit. So hopefully it will help though I'm not quite so sure that the pool will be that small this year.

I'm thinking that the admit rate would probably be slightly higher in the ED round so you're probably spot on with your 20-35% range of admission chances as opposed to the later rounds. (Again, especially this year)
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
The group I was in was pretty shocked by that low of a number and pressed her a little on it, and she said they really do not expect a much higher number this year in EA. Overall, they expect higher by a bit, but she mentioned she would be surprised if EA was up over 150-170 (I think those were the numbers she mentioned).

~Sam
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  37