Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:36 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
ac8706 wrote:
drat i thought you could do those w/ alums. I'll double check the website...

cheers,
ac.

From the website:

Quote:
If you cannot come to campus to interview, and you live on the West Coast or outside of the United States, you may request an alumni interview. Alumni interviews are by invitation.

It seems to me that Duke takes the interviews about as seriously as Tuck.

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
But does it matter whether you schedule the interview before submitting the app or after submitting?
Current Student
Send PM
SV6 wrote:
But does it matter whether you schedule the interview before submitting the app or after submitting?

It does not. Check out Aaudetat's post earlier in this thread.

LINK

RF
Current Student
Send PM
ah-ha! Fuqua does weekend interviews! You can't see a class but can still do the interview. That works out really well for me since I can fly in Friday night after work, interview on Saturday and then go back.

anyone else going to be around Duke on 11/1?
:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Wow, all the interview slots for the Early Round have already been filled up! This is really surprising since its only early October and the interview deadline is November 1! I check 4 days ago and their were still plenty of slots, but now they are gone! Just wondering are their any early rounders here who were not able to schedule an interview (like me)?

Man, I really hate having to delay submission to R2 just because of this.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
I have my interview tomorrow! Debrief coming soon :-D
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
nutty2010 wrote:
Wow, all the interview slots for the Early Round have already been filled up! This is really surprising since its only early October and the interview deadline is November 1! I check 4 days ago and their were still plenty of slots, but now they are gone! Just wondering are their any early rounders here who were not able to schedule an interview (like me)?

Man, I really hate having to delay submission to R2 just because of this.

hey, nutty. i checked in with admissions, and here's what I got:
Quote:

Please tell them to select round one only in the interview scheduling system. This should open more slots to them. They will need to check the interview deadline for early action to ensure that they sign up for an interview on a day prior to that deadline.

hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
Please tell them to select round one only in the interview scheduling system. This should open more slots to them. They will need to check the interview deadline for early action to ensure that they sign up for an interview on a day prior to that deadline.

hope this helps![/quote]

Hmmm, this is quite confusing because it looks like the adcoms are sending out conflicting messages. The interview deadline for Early Action is November 1st, but from the quote above it makes it seem the last day for an actual interview would be on October 31. This is odd because when I checked the interview slots 4 days ago one could select slots to interview on November 1st. A few minutes ago, I just scheduled my interview for November 1st, but in R1, since the Early Action option is no longer avaliable for selection on the on-line interview scheduler. I called up an adcom to ask if I can still be considered an early round applicant, since technically my interview would be right on the November 1st deadline. The adcom said that this would be fine and I would still be considered an early app candidate.

Your quote above, though, makes me nervous again, since it sounds like the last day for an interview is actually October 31. What really annoys me is that they seem to be changing the deadlines. Four days ago, one could schedule an November 1s interview in Early action, now that same say while still avaliable is only avaliable in R1. This just makes no sense.

PS: The earliest interview slot avalible now is November 1st (and there is only 1 slot left, I just took the other one), which would coincide with the early round interview deadline.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
nutty2010 wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

hope this helps!

Quote:
Hmmm, this is quite confusing because it looks like the adcoms are sending out conflicting messages. The interview deadline for Early Action is November 1st, but from the quote above it makes it seem the last day for an actual interview would be on October 31. This is odd because when I checked the interview slots 4 days ago one could select slots to interview on November 1st. A few minutes ago, I just scheduled my interview for November 1st, but in R1, since the Early Action option is no longer avaliable for selection on the on-line interview scheduler. I called up an adcom to ask if I can still be considered an early round applicant, since technically my interview would be right on the November 1st deadline. The adcom said that this would be fine and I would still be considered an early app candidate.

Your quote above, though, makes me nervous again, since it sounds like the last day for an interview is actually October 31. What really annoys me is that they seem to be changing the deadlines. Four days ago, one could schedule an November 1s interview in Early action, now that same say while still avaliable is only avaliable in R1. This just makes no sense.

PS: The earliest interview slot avalible now is November 1st (and there is only 1 slot left, I just took the other one), which would coincide with the early round interview deadline.

[/quote]
I think it's ok; just read the email as "prior to the deadline." On the deadline is still ok.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks AAU, yeah I read your post again and noticed that it was "sign up for an interview on a day prior to that deadline" and not "conduct the interview on a day prior to that deadline". So I guess November 1st is still good for early action. Phew!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Hey guys,

Could you guys do me a favor and answer a couple quick, dumb questions I could probably find out with a little bit of research but don't feel like doing myself :-D It looks like I'll be taking a shot at submitting R1 to Duke and I was wondering - Do I need to send official GMAT scores? Can you schedule your interview before or after your app or does it have to be before? Are the rec questions the same as last year (I saw the PDF of that on this thread). Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Hey guys,

Could you guys do me a favor and answer a couple quick, dumb questions I could probably find out with a little bit of research but don't feel like doing myself :-D It looks like I'll be taking a shot at submitting R1 to Duke and I was wondering - Do I need to send official GMAT scores? Can you schedule your interview before or after your app or does it have to be before? Are the rec questions the same as last year (I saw the PDF of that on this thread). Thanks!

I'd email the adcom to answer your first question (unless someone else already has).

For your second question, you can interview up to Dec 6th for R1, even though the app is due Oct 27th.

Don't know about the rec questions.

RF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The R1 interview deadline is November 20 according to Duke's website

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke ... _deadlines

and yet their online interview scheduler allows you to pick December interview dates for Round 1.

Just another layer of confusion...
Current Student
Send PM
nutty2010 wrote:
The R1 interview deadline is November 20 according to Duke's website

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke ... _deadlines

and yet their online interview scheduler allows you to pick December interview dates for Round 1.

Just another layer of confusion...

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I'm pretty sure I got the Dec 6th deadline off their website, but apparently they've change it. Hmm.. my R1 interview is 3 days before the deadline!!!

RF
Current Student
Send PM
wow I'm glad I nabbed a 11/1 interview then!
Current Student
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Hello from Durham! More specifically the R David Thomas Executive Center!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
raabenb wrote:
Hello from Durham! More specifically the R David Thomas Executive Center!

hope you're having fun...i'm at home, north of east campus, doing corp fin (which is not fun)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50