Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: took GMAT 3 times still in the mid 600s....want 680+ [#permalink]
thx guys...

yes my verbal seems week coz i'm coming from a non-english native background....altho it has got a bit better compared to 3 yrs ago w/ a lot of readings....and i got my AWA to 4 which should do

i'm as concerned about how i can't score better in quant coz they prolly expect more from me coming from an asian/engineering background...my quant has actually gotten worse compared to 3 yrs ago...seems like i'm doin as much math w/ my current job as i did in school which explains why....

i've finished the OG 11, did the manhattan free exam, did both GMATPrep exams twice....

i was very disappointed about my 3rd score coz i thought if i could maintain my best V(34) from my 2nd exam and my best Q(48) from the 1st exam i'd haf at least got a 680+...but it turned out to be the lowest score of the 3....

yes i had probs w/ timing in my 3rd quant...and i was rushing/guessing a bit for my last 10 questions....i guess that really hurt? btw, how big a penalty is it to not finish one question?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
took 3 times 630-650....want 680+ [#permalink]
i'm plannin to take it again b4 xmas...i wonder if i should spend more time on quant or verbal...my verbal is lower which means more rooms for improvment, but i've been told that quant counts more...at least for my background

btw..subarao..wat's the powerscore CR bible? is it a book/CD/online test?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management, Consulting
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager
Send PM
I would suggest attacking your weakest area to improve your score. I am very weak in sentence correction and my practice scores have improved from focusing on my weakest area first.

I would also suggest typing in proper grammar and spelling. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, but I think it's beneficial to do so. Once I started studying for the exam, I noticed my weakness in not only with basic structure, but also with my everyday skills. I pushed myself to get away from typing "internet" spelling and emails and it's helping me improve in the grammar skills.

Good luck on your exam!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Appreciate your advice. I see your point about staying away from "internet" style. I'm currently studying for another exam for late nov / early dec. My plan is, if I don't get 680+ I won't bother applying and i'm not gonna start the essays because it's not realistic. But if i do, i'll have a month to work on the apps.

hwiya320 wrote:
I would suggest attacking your weakest area to improve your score. I am very weak in sentence correction and my practice scores have improved from focusing on my weakest area first.

I would also suggest typing in proper grammar and spelling. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, but I think it's beneficial to do so. Once I started studying for the exam, I noticed my weakness in not only with basic structure, but also with my everyday skills. I pushed myself to get away from typing "internet" spelling and emails and it's helping me improve in the grammar skills.

Good luck on your exam!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts