Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Texas (accepted) , Chicago Booth (accepted), Stanford (denied), London Business School (accepted)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
Kudos
it is 5:54 BST...still waiting :x
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
"I am writing to inform you that your admissions decision has been delayed. This delay is
caused by the high volume of applications received during this Stage and we apologise for
the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience, we will be in touch once the Admissions Committee releases
your decision tomorrow."

just received the above...I guess another day of my fav waiting game awaits :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Schools:St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Sorry to hear that, Buffdady!

You were enthusiastic about LBS, but you can still can get in other very good schools.
Good luck with the other applications!

Lumone
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Texas (accepted) , Chicago Booth (accepted), Stanford (denied), London Business School (accepted)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I received an interview invite at noon CST. The wait was killing me knowing it was 6 pm in London. Very excited.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
buffdaddy wrote:
hi teutonic,

i've had a sleep and this is a new day. I need to do an indepth SWOT analysis of my applications to cambridge and more importantly to LBS. It would be awesome if you could run over my LBS application pack. PM me if this is possible and I forever will be indebted to you.

in anycase, I hope you get into LBS and choose LBS. That way you, BSD and I will be able to share a pint somewhere in London (with me buying the first round of course :-) )

Definitely! Still quite nervous about the whole process, but if LBS managed to work out, it would be an easy decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
dinged!!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Any more news anyone ? aviroop, dagrobo, mbavacation - did any of you hear back yet ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dinged without interview, I am definitely shocked. They recommneded to try for EMBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Send PM
Oops thats sad. What was your score mbavacation ?

Well the most unfortunate thing happened with me yesterday. I had my GMAT yesterday and i came out for a break. This was between Math and verbal, and i was very tensed. I opened my locker and saw ipod lying there, so i plugged it in , and forgot about the rules. This was just 10 sec and the examiner saw me and stopped my test. It was my mistake , and i can't be more sorry :-(( The test was going fine as i thought , now i am awaiting the decision from mba.com. Oh what a terrible day. Anyways, i got an idea where i stand in math, and i think i need some practice in inequalities and absolute values, that was the most i saw on math.
I hope i get a date soon. I was all set for starting my applications after that. Now its more waiting time for me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My score was 760 (Q51,V42), GPA : 75/100 work ex : 8 yrs (5.5 in U.S.), IT (Project Manager with Accenture). Average community involvement.
I am an Indian, M, 30 y/o and I am inclined to think it played a big role.

Sad to hear your experience.

Well, perhaps whatever happened is for better, both for you and for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
wow surprised they would rec the emba when you are 30, and the avg age at the school is 29.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Sorry to hear about that mbavaction :( I know you were really keen on LBS ..

I know another friend who was recommended the EMBA (and was dinged from Full time). I suspect that it is the standard ding template.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dinged without an interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
hi LBS camp! :-D Good to see quite a few of us here!

Here is my story... :)

I recently got re-started in the GMAT thread thinking I will retake my GMAT in February and apply to LBS (MBA) for R3. However, having seen bsd_lover saying it may be worth applying with a lower score and see if the adcom recommends a retake, I am thinking maybe I should apply in R2. Needless to say, I am not falling over myself to retake GMAT. :lol: Also, at this stage LBS will be my ONLY application.

Basically, I took GMAT in May 2007 to apply for LBS Master in Finance. I scored 640 (Q 48, V29) and AWA 3.5(with min. effort) Here is a debrief of it: 8-t45309 Ultimately, I got rejected by the school, but they "strongly recommended to re-apply after 1-2 years with more WE and 30+ on the Verbal on GMAT".

Now, an obvious question is, if I apply for R2 with my current GMAT score, would I be risking a rejection?

Good luck to all of us!

Originally posted by seofah on 16 Nov 2008, 10:05.
Last edited by seofah on 30 Nov 2008, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi botiv. Good to hear from you. LBS MiF GMAT scores tend to be higher. This is because MiF is presumably a more intense experience.Having said that, if they've asked you to retake, do retake. Dont risk disobeying them (the request is more like an order). This year is far more competitive than last year and your low verbal + AWA is probably a red flag with adcom.

I think you'll be in a great position if you do nail the V and reapply R3(even 35 should see you hope, but aim for 40)..

botirvoy wrote:
hi LBS camp! :-D Good to see quite a few of us here!

Here is my story... :)

I recently got re-started in the GMAT thread thinking I will retake my GMAT in February and apply to LBS (MBA) for R3. However, having seen bsd_lover saying it may be worth applying with a lower score and see if the adcom recommends a retake, I am thinking maybe I should apply in R2. Needless to say, I am not falling over myself to retake GMAT. :lol: Also, at this stage LBS will be my ONLY application.

Basically, I took GMAT in May 2007 to apply for LBS Master in Finance. I scored 640 (Q 48, V29) and AWA 3.5(with min. effort) Here is a debrief of it: 8-t45309 Ultimately, I got rejected by the school, but they "strongly recommended to re-apply after 1-2 years with more WE and 30+ on the Verbal on GMAT".

Now, an obvious question is, if I apply for R2 with my current GMAT score, would I be risking a rejection?

My profile (by Aug 09):
-27 y/o from Uzbekistan
-BSc in Uzb, MSc in London at an average school, although on a full scholarship.
-4 year experience in London (1y derivative tradings at the top firm, 3y leveraged finance at a growing firm)
-640 GMAT (will be able to retake only for R3)
-good extra curricular activities
- Recs - OK
-Essays - can write essays that will make the reader forget about my GMAT score for at least 15mins :lol:

Any feedback on my "plight" would be appreciated.
Also, it would be great to stay in touch - please drop an email on botirvoy@yahoo.com
I am happy to share (and get feedback!) my CV and previous statements for Master in Finance.

Good luck to all of us!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V38
Send PM
what gpa does LBS look for ? I mean will they admit someone with a 2.9 or a 3.2?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
musaabjaved wrote:
what gpa does LBS look for ? I mean will they admit someone with a 2.9 or a 3.2?
They will accept applicants with below 3 GPA if you compensate with a high GMAT or good WE.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts