Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General,
Schools:Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
 Q50  V41
WE 1: 5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Re: Visa question [#permalink]
From what I've seen, certain industries are much more apt to sponsor new employees for visa and/or GCs. I had a friend who graduated from Yale last year and he had a lot of companies turn him down after finding out he didn't have work authorization. He's working in pharmaceuticals which is typically very immigration friendly (at least on the science side) but still had some of the major companies turn him down.

RF
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Kudos
Hi - The post MBA jobs that sponsor H1B/GC are MC and IB. Typically, the others such as GM don't. You should be able to use the rest of your OPT though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can we initiate GC process while we are on F1??

I talked to one of the Duke Current Student regarding OPT and he told its not possible to use remaining OPT. If not used fully its lost..no new OPT at the same level of education.

Still finding out CPT issue. If i can't get CPT, i have to drop the idea of joining Duke FT program :( :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Update from Duke International Office:

I called International Office to confirm about the CPT & OPT. I was told that there will be no problem in getting new CPT even though in prior masters you have used already CPT. I was even told that as per today people are getting even new OPT (12 months). I am quite confused about the OPT part, because lots of people i have talked to told me that OPT cannot be used. :?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General,
Schools:Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
 Q50  V41
WE 1: 5
Send PM
Good insight! thanks +1 for you!
mbagal2011 wrote:
Hi - The post MBA jobs that sponsor H1B/GC are MC and IB. Typically, the others such as GM don't. You should be able to use the rest of your OPT though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
SV6 wrote:
Update from Duke International Office:

I called International Office to confirm about the CPT & OPT. I was told that there will be no problem in getting new CPT even though in prior masters you have used already CPT. I was even told that as per today people are getting even new OPT (12 months). I am quite confused about the OPT part, because lots of people i have talked to told me that OPT cannot be used. :?

There were a few administrative changes regarding OPT in the last 1 year. So, what people went through a few years ago might no longer be valid. In this case, I would trust the International office or even better, visit USCIS website myself to research further. Also, check out immihelp.com.

SV
GMAT Club Bot