Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling UCLA Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink]
getmeouttahere wrote:
submitted 10/08, got my interview invite today!

That helps keep my hopes alive........ still.... :|
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Spoke with the admissions office and it appears they will be sending out interview invites until the beginning of December. That is a lot of time to wait.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
jb32 wrote:
Spoke with the admissions office and it appears they will be sending out interview invites until the beginning of December. That is a lot of time to wait.

the wait is killing me , so tired of checking my email every few minutes...:(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
Just got an interview invite! whining helped.... :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Just got my interview as well. They sure had me stressing for a few days...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
did my interview last week. does anyone know whether ucla sends out acceptances on a rolling basis or is it all on or around the deadline date? thx...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Calling UCLA Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink]
Haaah..... Got an invite...... Hold on guys...... I am sure most of us will get an invite at the very least....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
 Q44  V38
Send PM
My status still just says Complete. I'm fairly certain I've been moved to round 2, due to a recommender getting hers in 20 days late. Talk about waiting forever!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Any Indian applicants here? Seems like TOEFL is mandatory for UCLA if you have your degree from India. Am I right?

All the schools I applied to waived this requirement since my U grad education was in English and since I have been working in US for more than 3 years.

I need to take TOEFL just for 1 school. maaannnnn......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
How come there is absolutely no news till now.. im getting worried. u guys sure that they hand out interviews till december?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1076 [0]
Send PM
Recommendation letter for UCLA [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I had a quick question... does anyone know what would be the guideline that I should give to my recommenders in terms of length of letter and specific content guidelines?

I ask b/c some schools (e.g. Haas) goes as far as asking recommenders to address specific questions that they provide. Recommenders are discouraged to submit an all encompassing single letter.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Hey all, just did my UCLA interview yesterday. It went sort of OK...had it with a very serious-looking 2nd-year who took me from the admissions office, through some weird locker room, into an equally weird tiny room with a single table and about 6 chairs. And the most artificial light imaginable. We did all the basic "take me through your resume" type questions, and I felt like I was doing a lot of the talking - there weren't as many questions coming from the other end as I would have liked. The one thing I was glad we both sort of brought up is the people-factor - I did a campus visit on Monday and found the people there to be engaging and enthusiastic, and that carried over into the class I went to. Anyway, questions were fairly standard, it was mainly a getting-to-know-you interview as opposed to a critical-thinking interview.

On a side note, after my interview, I went back to the dorm where I was staying (my friend is a grad student there), and the fire alarm went off. I had to leave (still in my suit) and I didn't have a key to get back in, so I went to the corner coffee shop to hang out for a bit, and while I was there I watched a car accident happen right outside the window. Then, my friend and I missed our flight back and had to fly standby because the airport shuttle was 45 minutes late due to traffic. I'm just glad all that happened AFTER my interview.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
rjacobs wrote:
Hey all, just did my UCLA interview yesterday. It went sort of OK...had it with a very serious-looking 2nd-year who took me from the admissions office, through some weird locker room, into an equally weird tiny room with a single table and about 6 chairs. And the most artificial light imaginable. We did all the basic "take me through your resume" type questions, and I felt like I was doing a lot of the talking - there weren't as many questions coming from the other end as I would have liked. The one thing I was glad we both sort of brought up is the people-factor - I did a campus visit on Monday and found the people there to be engaging and enthusiastic, and that carried over into the class I went to. Anyway, questions were fairly standard, it was mainly a getting-to-know-you interview as opposed to a critical-thinking interview.

On a side note, after my interview, I went back to the dorm where I was staying (my friend is a grad student there), and the fire alarm went off. I had to leave (still in my suit) and I didn't have a key to get back in, so I went to the corner coffee shop to hang out for a bit, and while I was there I watched a car accident happen right outside the window. Then, my friend and I missed our flight back and had to fly standby because the airport shuttle was 45 minutes late due to traffic. I'm just glad all that happened AFTER my interview.

I think I got interviewed in the same room as you. It seemed like a break room in the career center. It was weird at first, but it also made the interview seem more casual. They mentioned something about construction going on in the regular interview rooms. The demeanor of the interviewer, sounds kinda of like my Northwestern interview...

My student interviewer was very enthusiastic about Anderson, and that carried over to the interview. As such he never really dug in too deep, and took most of my answers at face value. The associate director played the role of "bad cop" and would question my answers and ask for more details. I'm sure you did well, hopefully turns out well...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did my alum interview today..........met him at his workplace, answered some standard whys and hows, asked some questions from him and I was through.... nothing very interesting....... the wait makes it all so boring..... the wait is long..... waiting, still................
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
devansh_god wrote:
Did my alum interview today..........met him at his workplace, answered some standard whys and hows, asked some questions from him and I was through.... nothing very interesting....... the wait makes it all so boring..... the wait is long..... waiting, still................

Yes, dont like waiting. Hopefully we hear back something soon. It seemed like people heard back around Christmas last year (at the earliest). I'd imagine it'd be similar this year...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nomsg7111 wrote:
devansh_god wrote:

Yes, dont like waiting. Hopefully we hear back something soon. It seemed like people heard back around Christmas last year (at the earliest). I'd imagine it'd be similar this year...

Lets hope so......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have an opinion regarding full time top 10 MBA program vs top part time programs such as UCLA and Hass? Work will pay for 75% of the costs, so there is another consideration. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20