Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship / Finance
Schools:Harvard
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4614 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1139 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Now its my turn: 770! [#permalink]
WOW !! Fantastic score .
Reading different debreifs i got a impression that Quant is getting tougher day by day ..CrushTheGMAT What is your take on it
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V46
Send PM
The Quant didn't seem too bad. No permutation questions, and the only probability questions were in DS. Definitely not as tough as the quant on MGMAT CATs.

I knew I was doing well in quant because the questions were quite tough. There was a rates question that was 10x harder than anything I've seen in the GMATclub tests, so I could tell I was in the ~Q50 range. After I read the question, I considered wasting no time on it and just guessing randomly, but I'm too stubborn so I spent a few minutes on it and got nowhere. Luckily I budgeted my time well throughout and finished the section with a minute to spare. Other than that, quant was quite similar to GMATprep.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
CrushTheGMAT wrote:
The Quant didn't seem too bad. No permutation questions, and the only probability questions were in DS. Definitely not as tough as the quant on MGMAT CATs.

I knew I was doing well in quant because the questions were quite tough. There was a rates question that was 10x harder than anything I've seen in the GMATclub tests, so I could tell I was in the ~Q50 range. After I read the question, I considered wasting no time on it and just guessing randomly, but I'm too stubborn so I spent a few minutes on it and got nowhere. Luckily I budgeted my time well throughout and finished the section with a minute to spare. Other than that, quant was quite similar to GMATprep.

I agree i didnt feel quant was hard at all, there were a few probablilty qs in DS and one combinatrics for me..

i guess if you score lower than 45 you see harder problems..

i mean the math was real simple i am shocked why i scored so low..

i too had a very tough PS question about rates.. some pumps...pumping water at different rates..was just too much reading in the question..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Amazing score! Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 307 [0]
Send PM
Crushthegmat,
what would your advice be to someone looking to improve verbal score from mid-30's to mid-40's?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Awesome score CrushTheGmat. How about SC section? Was it harder than the OG-11? And how about the Reading Comprehension?
Please give some information about above.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Just got my AWA score. Got a 6! Thanks again to Chineseburned's AWA guide. This helped me boost my score from 4 to 6. I only had to study the guide for about an hour or two to get the top score.

As for the verbal, that was always a struggle for me. The other time I took the GMAT I scored in the 30's on verbal. Quant always came fairly easy to me so this time around I made sure my Quant was in the 50 range to make up for my poor verbal. Turns out that it didn't have to, because I even impressed myself with the verbal score that I got. Here's what I did to boost my verbal score:

The SC and RC were both quite similar to GMATPrep. If you want more practice, do each GMAT prep 3 times - you'll see plenty of different questions each time. For SC, I used the Manhattan guide and I also used Manhattan's online SC bank, which was helpful and quite challenging. Didn't do much else for the RC besides the OG11 and OG verbal. I found that the 6 MGMAT CATs combined with the 4 GMATpreps I did got my RC and CR in good enough shape for the actual test.

Drinking a red bull 2 hours before the test was also essential. Don't underestimate the power of caffeine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Brilliant! 770 is awesome..

Im repeating my GMAT as well.. Do you need to pay to access the MGMAT Sentence Correction Q's online ?

How did you work on the CR.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Yes, I paid for the Manhattan SC question bank and the 6 MGMAT CATs. Well worth the cost.

I worked on CR using the OG11, OG verbal, the MGMAT CATs and GMATprep CATs. Those materials were good enough for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Congrats CrushtheGmat !
Commendable performance.

Originally posted by cheeseburst on 24 Dec 2008, 23:10.
Last edited by cheeseburst on 28 Mar 2010, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Great post.. thanks for sharing your ideas
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts