Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Non-profit, CSR
Schools:Duke, Michigan, Yale, Georgetown, Kellogg, Wharton
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Kellogg, Chicago, Yale, Stanford, Haas
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: CSR and Non-Profit Management
Schools:University of Michigan Erb Institute '12
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
When did you guys interview?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
I received interview invite through email on Dec 10 and interviewed with an adcom member last Monday.

Interview was pleasant and simple.

We talked about my decision to pursue Yale MBA, my career so far, and leadership experience.

I mentioned that i read an article in WSJ while I was an undergrad and the article discussed Yale SOM's bold decision to revamp its entire MBA curriculum.

I expressed that my interest in Yale SOM started back then.

Interview was very detailed. They wanted to hear details, details, and details. They wanted to hear out my thinking process in making all decisions I've made from highschool to my current position at Big 4.

Toughest part was answering: "What's in your future and how can Yale SOM help you get there?"

I was ready for this question. I discussed my interest in the field of management, different management theories, and its evolution. I discussed a fellow highschool graduate who graduated from West point in 2006 - currently serving in Iraq. I mentioned how West Point officers make amazing managers, with his/her effectiveness and efficiency on the job. And also, my view of its short comings.

I researched leadership traits of Napoleon, Margaret Thatcher, JFK, and others and discussed my analysis of how and why each was effective.

I clearly showed my interest in the field of leadership and management. Lastly, I communicated my needs for pursuing Yale SOM and how i pictured myself 10 to 15 years down the road. I expressed how I wish to become part of evolution in management philosophy through learning and application.

Interview ended in about 35 minutes. He told me that I should expect to hear from them before the holidays.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg, Chicago, Yale, Stanford, Haas
Send PM
I interviewed on December 1st and got the call on December 19th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Is it true that R1 early admit rate is going to fall compared to last year?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Media/Entertainment
Schools:Kellogg, Emory, Booth, Yale, Cornell, Duke
 Q49  V40
Send PM
I am planning on applying to Yale R2. Any advice?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
ninkorn wrote:
I received interview invite through email on Dec 10 and interviewed with an adcom member last Monday.

Interview was pleasant and simple.

We talked about my decision to pursue Yale MBA, my career so far, and leadership experience.

I mentioned that i read an article in WSJ while I was an undergrad and the article discussed Yale SOM's bold decision to revamp its entire MBA curriculum.

I expressed that my interest in Yale SOM started back then.

Interview was very detailed. They wanted to hear details, details, and details. They wanted to hear out my thinking process in making all decisions I've made from highschool to my current position at Big 4.

Toughest part was answering: "What's in your future and how can Yale SOM help you get there?"

I was ready for this question. I discussed my interest in the field of management, different management theories, and its evolution. I discussed a fellow highschool graduate who graduated from West point in 2006 - currently serving in Iraq. I mentioned how West Point officers make amazing managers, with his/her effectiveness and efficiency on the job. And also, my view of its short comings.

I researched leadership traits of Napoleon, Margaret Thatcher, JFK, and others and discussed my analysis of how and why each was effective.

I clearly showed my interest in the field of leadership and management. Lastly, I communicated my needs for pursuing Yale SOM and how i pictured myself 10 to 15 years down the road. I expressed how I wish to become part of evolution in management philosophy through learning and application.

Interview ended in about 35 minutes. He told me that I should expect to hear from them before the holidays.

Ninkorn you're such a liar making Yale think you're that interested in them :-D
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
FYI

Yale Adcom indicated that MAJORITY of decisions will be released in January.

https://som-talks.som.yale.edu/forums/sh ... php?t=1156
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Submitted for Round 2 today! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
Submitted for Round 2 today! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

Great news Buddy!

This is the season to crank out those R2 apps......

Msg from Adcom:

Quote:
Hello All,

The Yale SOM Admissions Office will be closed from December 24 until January 5 for winter break. We'll still monitor these boards periodically, but phone and email messages will be answered after the break.

Happy holidays!

mvitali
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Hi guys, another SOM question.

I scanned to upload my official transcript, but it is intentionally designed to say "VOID" all over it when it is copied in any way. Do you think it would be okay to upload my unofficial transcript (which doesn't say that it is unofficial on it) that I can download from my undergrad's website? It has essentially all the same info.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
rca215 wrote:

I scanned to upload my official transcript, but it is intentionally designed to say "VOID" all over it when it is copied in any way. Do you think it would be okay to upload my unofficial transcript (which doesn't say that it is unofficial on it) that I can download from my undergrad's website? It has essentially all the same info.

Thanks!

You should still scan your OFFICIAL transcript. Adcoms are accustomed to that and are aware that the version of your transcript is not in fact "official."

Do not download your transcript from your undergrad website. That will only cause even more problems.
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
ninkorn wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Thanks!

You should still scan your OFFICIAL transcript. Adcoms are accustomed to that and are aware that the version of your transcript is not in fact "official."

Do not download your transcript from your undergrad website. That will only cause even more problems.

One other problem is that the official transcript is completely illegible when scanned due to all sorts of fancy graphics, so it is worthless besides just the "VOID" labels.

I asked the folks at Kellogg about the undergrad website transcript and they were cool with it. Too bad Yale's admissions office is closed until 2 days before the R2 deadline. :cry:
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
rca215 wrote:
One other problem is that the official transcript is completely illegible when scanned due to all sorts of fancy graphics, so it is worthless besides just the "VOID" labels.

I asked the folks at Kellogg about the undergrad website transcript and they were cool with it. Too bad Yale's admissions office is closed until 2 days before the R2 deadline. :cry:

How about you use digital camera to take a picture of your transcript (will get past VOID labels) and then turn it into JPEG file - then turn it into PDF.

Little work but better than nothing. (Unless you want to go ahead and use downloaded unofficial transcript....)
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
I posted to the SOM admissions forum, so hopefully they'll respond to that sooner than Monday. Thanks ninkorn!
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
ninkorn wrote:
rca215 wrote:

How about you use digital camera to take a picture of your transcript (will get past VOID labels) and then turn it into JPEG file - then turn it into PDF.

Little work but better than nothing. (Unless you want to go ahead and use downloaded unofficial transcript....)

That's not a bad idea. :lol:

I'll give it a whirl tonight. Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:NYU STERN
Send PM
Can anyone who interviewed please let me know their profile? I am very upset - took GMAT today and scored 620 - not sure I have a chance at Yale now and I was very excited to apply- essays were all done and ready to be sent - now not sure if I will try to retake and apply round 3 since I scored closer to 700 on my practice tests
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hardaway7 wrote:
Can anyone who interviewed please let me know their profile? I am very upset - took GMAT today and scored 620 - not sure I have a chance at Yale now and I was very excited to apply- essays were all done and ready to be sent - now not sure if I will try to retake and apply round 3 since I scored closer to 700 on my practice tests

What does the rest of your profile look like?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22