Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.34
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.34
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Another profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Square wrote:
Please bear with me as I post this in all the consultant forums, I’m just starting my MBA application process. I’ve got a couple years before matriculation, so I can make some adjustments as time passes, so any advice to improve my profile would be outstanding.

Twenty-eight year old (probably 31 at matriculation) white male.

BA (2002) from the College of William and Mary, 3.3 GPA. Double major in International Relations and Economics.
Four-year member of the rowing team, Captain for last two years. Selected to Mortar Board, awarded fellowship to study amateur athletics abroad. Interned in Washington at small think-tank specializing in Nuclear/WMD non-proliferation.

MA (2009) from University of Oklahoma (extension/distance learning), 4.0 GPA. Concentration in International Relations.

I’m currently serving as an officer in the United States Air Force. Right now I work for a NATO command in a totally multi-national environment, which is a little non-standard. My duties focus a lot on operations and logistics for this multi-national squadron. I’ve been recognized as a top-performer by my chain of command through our formal awards process.

My commitment to the AF will be fulfilled in the fall of 2010, so I’m looking to go to business school the following year.
Outside of work now I am a Red Cross volunteer, the treasurer and soon-to-be-president of the local chapter of a professional military organization. I’m also active in our rowing alumni group, mainly by helping to raise money for the booster club.

Final bit: my GMAT. I have done zero studying and took one of the GMAC provided tests tonight and scored a 610 (38V, 35Q). I obviously know that in order to be competitive at top schools I have some way to go, so I’m going to hit the books hard. Given my how I’ve done on other standardized tests (SATs and GREs) I have a feeling I can at least bust 700.

If I can get that 700+ score, what do you think of my profile? Competitive for top-tier programs?

My goals would be to pursue a position either in consulting or general management—with a probable shift to non-profit or public sector service a decade down the road.

Thanks truly for any advice you can throw my way.

Happy new year!

Happy New Year to you too. I apologize for the tardy response. We've been busy with applicants applying now.

I think you will be a highly competitive candidate at top-tier programs if you get that GMAT close to or above 700. If we can be of helpalong the way, please let us know.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Another profile evaluation request [#permalink]