Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]
assuming i press F5 once every minute for 8 hours every Monday till 27th july, that 8160 presses!!!!

time to get a new F5 key.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
Schools:Wharton
 Q50  V44
Send PM
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
Something very similar to round 1 i guess.... A huge number of waitlists...!!

Now the funny part

"You will be notified about your waitlist decision on any monday starting from April 6 but no later than July 27"

So everyone who wishes to be on the waitlist has to keep their fingers on the F5 key every monday :)

Wow! July 27 is exactly a week before students have to be on campus. Not a lot of lead time...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Send PM
I am on the waitlist, but would not attend Wharton unless I was accepted in April or May and got comparable scholarship money. I believe you apply for scholarships and fellowships after you are accepted, so I would imagine the vast majority of the aid goes out by the end of April. I am all set to head to Evanston or Chicago as of now (unless I get into Stanford next week).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zoinnk wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
Something very similar to round 1 i guess.... A huge number of waitlists...!!

Now the funny part

"You will be notified about your waitlist decision on any monday starting from April 6 but no later than July 27"

So everyone who wishes to be on the waitlist has to keep their fingers on the F5 key every monday :)

Wow! July 27 is exactly a week before students have to be on campus. Not a lot of lead time...

realistically for internationals, even may 14th (R3) deadline is tight. have to get visa, which requires proof of financials,
and visa takes bout six weeks.
wondering if they are just waiting to look at the uptake from the r2 offers
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
sset009 wrote:
realistically for internationals, even may 14th (R3) deadline is tight. have to get visa, which requires proof of financials,

As an american not 100% familiar with the US visa application process, I was curious if it was something that is school-specific, aka if you change the institution you are attending you have to do the process all over again, or not.

For example if you are Waitlisted at school A and accepted at B, and you pursued your visa for school B now, only to find out in June that you were accepted at A.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton '11
Send PM
An F1 visa , which is the student visa, is school specific. So that's pretty painful for international students.

The time it takes to get the Visa, really depends on the country. For citizen of the European union, it is close to 1 week but it can be much longer for others. It is a real mess and it is a painful process, that's for sure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
bostonsparky wrote:
sset009 wrote:

As an american not 100% familiar with the US visa application process, I was curious if it was something that is school-specific, aka if you change the institution you are attending you have to do the process all over again, or not.

For example if you are Waitlisted at school A and accepted at B, and you pursued your visa for school B now, only to find out in June that you were accepted at A.

Please correct me if I am wrong....

If I have a valid I-20 (a document that every grad school releases to international student on submission of financial documents) for school A, the student can take a transfer to that graduate school by completing the paper work under the authority of the international office of both the graduate schools accordingly.

The student need not get another F1-visa or need not go to the consulate again.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton '11
Send PM
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
sset009 wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong....

If I have a valid I-20 (a document that every grad school releases to international student on submission of financial documents) for school A, the student can take a transfer to that graduate school by completing the paper work under the authority of the international office of both the graduate schools accordingly.

The student need not get another F1-visa or need not go to the consulate again.

I have not dealt with F-1 for couple of years but if I recall, a transfer would require a new I-20/F-1. I could be wrong though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
pu2003 wrote:
sajal09 wrote:
Also Waitlisted. It is not looking good for Stanford next week....

That's what concerns me, too...

I am concerned as well. I am really hoping that the reason I got WL was my interview and not something deeper in my overall profile. It's interesting how pretty much everybody on this forum who interviewed at Stanford in R2 is either wait-listed or rejected at Wharton.

Crossing my fingers for Harvard/Stanford next week!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
 Q51  V44
Send PM
Any idea when is R3 decision date ? I guess thats the next major milestone for us waitlisters.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
does anybody know of anyone who was on the HCM waitlist and then admitted?

would love to talk to somebody like that to keep my spirits up. :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashaker wrote:
Any idea when is R3 decision date ? I guess thats the next major milestone for us waitlisters.

may 14th

apparently 30th march is when the interview calls start going out
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
This has been my lucky day...after Kellogg and NYU dings...I got invited to interviews at HBS and Wharton ...wooo hooo...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
FN wrote:
This has been my lucky day...after Kellogg and NYU dings...I got invited to interviews at HBS and Wharton ...wooo hooo...

congrats!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FN wrote:

awesome news.
clearly kellogg and nyu dont know what they are missing :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, GM, Energy, Technology
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
Send PM
falibay wrote:
I have not dealt with F-1 for couple of years but if I recall, a transfer would require a new I-20/F-1. I could be wrong though.

A F-1 visa is a visa that allows you ENTRY into the US. It is not tied to any school, it is just an entry permit for someone to enter the US to study. Once you are in the US, you don't even need a valid F-1 visa anymore. An expired F-1 visa while you are living in the US does not mean you staying in the US illegal; it just means that should you leave the US for any reason, you will need to apply for another entry visa (be it F-1 or something else) before you are allowed to re-enter.

An I-20 is something that allows you to STAY in the US, and it is not only tied to a school but also a SPECIFIC program. That means even when you stay in the same school but switch majors, you will need to apply for a new I-20. While you are in the US, you should always have a valid I-20, otherwise you would be classified as an illegal resident.

A little late on the response but hope this clarifies things a little.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72857 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Wharton Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Wharton Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Wharton Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Wharton Forum to dive into all things related to Wharton's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts