Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 307 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Chicago, LBS,Stern,Stanford,Harvard,Columbia
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
Is anyone applying in the last round for LBS ??
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Hi Prasun,

Its difficult for me to answer this without any specifics. To me, it would be quality over quantity. Say these 3-4 years had some unique and distinctive achievements, you'd certainly have a shot.

prasun84 wrote:
Hi bsd_lover,
im planning to apply for LBS for the 2011 class. have been following ur posts on the forum which i think are really insightful.just to re-iterate zuperman's point, am i correct in then sayin that its either a 730+/3-4 yrs exp or a 650-700/6+yrs exp package they look at maintaining the so termed mix in their class?..n what ur suggestions for someone whos got say 650-700/3-4 yrs exp then? :roll: :roll:

vmh,

LBS has a habit of keeping everyone on waitlist till the very last day they can get away with. They will keep extending it month by month (or every two months or so). They kept me on waitlist till nearly July end (yes 2-3 weeks before start of term). By then it was already impossible for me to wind down everything and just move to London. Eventually they dinged me and said that they'd provide me with special consideration this year. And they did. So, its not all bad news. But be prepared for a long wait :(

vmh wrote:
hey bsd_lver...

my waitlist agony still continues...postponed till 7th May..till when were u on waitlist last year..

Vmh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 307 [0]
Send PM
Thanks bsd_lover.
although on the lower side of the spectrum, the qualitative aspect of my exp has been really good.clients list is impressive, have acheieved more in less span of time and have pretty decent int'l experience. but i am slightly apprehensive on the average age of the class being 6 yrs.infact most european schools look at this shelf-life of 5 yrs which isnt very app-friendly.if i make it, i could surely be among the youngest :P
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V40
Send PM
its been a disappointing season for me..was waitlisted at 3 univs : W, LBS and NYU stern...theraftre Wharton has sent a reject..LBS has asked me to wait further till 7th may and have not heard anythin back from Stern..rest Chicago , Stan, Harvard been dings (chicago was after interview..dint go too well i suppose)..now restin my hopes on the two WLs left...hoping that lady luck will shine and lead me to London or New York..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
zuperman wrote:
I have started getting a feel of things but one information that still eludes me is what kind of profile do these colleges want... I know that these colleges always look at the 'complete package' rather than just one aspect of it but somehow my gut feeling is that the decision criteria is generally based on your acads & recommendation....which is what discourages me from applying. Not that I have bad acads but was not a merit ranker or something nor I have a backing of some LBS or Harvard alumni. Do we have someone in this forum who's got an admit but doesn't agree to the same?

I concur with bsd_lover on this. My recommendations were pretty standard -- both of my recommenders had never heard of LBS previously, and I don't know any alums or current students. Furthermore, my academics were subpar (GPA barely above 3.00), though I think my GMAT counteracted that.

Thus, I do believe that work experience and essays can play a major factor in your candidacy -- especially if it can compensate for other areas. As mentioned, LBS has been known to invite candidates to retake the GMAT if the rest of their profile was impressive -- so it sounds like they really will evaluate the "complete package."
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey buddy don't give up. Your story sounds like mine from last year. I was waitlisted at Stern as well (and subsequently dinged). I was prepared to go at war (i.e. reapply everywhere) this season. Good thing I didn't need to once LBS accepted me. Thing with LBS is that they certainly reward folks who really want to go there and show their commitment by riding out the waitlist.

vmh wrote:
its been a disappointing season for me..was waitlisted at 3 univs : W, LBS and NYU stern...theraftre Wharton has sent a reject..LBS has asked me to wait further till 7th may and have not heard anythin back from Stern..rest Chicago , Stan, Harvard been dings (chicago was after interview..dint go too well i suppose)..now restin my hopes on the two WLs left...hoping that lady luck will shine and lead me to London or New York..
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Hey bsd_lover

You are an inspiration truly..besides riding out the waitlist , is there anything else i should do to express my interest..(hv visited the campus, had talked to the adcom members that time expressing my sincere interest, spoken to alums)...do let me know if being silent now is the best strategy.

thanks for your help

vmh
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey vmh,
You can try sending them a letter reaffirming how LBS is your top choice etc. and mention your stories about campus visit etc. But send that letter if and only if you have some sort of improvement in your profile (e.g. promotion at work or new volunteer work you've picked up etc.), otherwise it sounds pointless and repetitive (most others in waitlists will try the same trick). Even this might not really help much.

The other thing you can try is getting your interviewer on your side. They are bound to ask him once again (when they revisit the waitlists) about you. If the interviewer was happy with you and is prepared to put in an extra good word, you are half way there.

Good luck.

vmh wrote:
Hey bsd_lover

You are an inspiration truly..besides riding out the waitlist , is there anything else i should do to express my interest..(hv visited the campus, had talked to the adcom members that time expressing my sincere interest, spoken to alums)...do let me know if being silent now is the best strategy.

thanks for your help

vmh
Current Student
Schools:LBS
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hey,

I have just been accepted to the MiM class of 2010. :-D :-D

Thanks for all the support everyone!!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey hey hey ... many congrats :)
unlasheddeer wrote:
Hey,

I have just been accepted to the MiM class of 2010. :-D :-D

Thanks for all the support everyone!!!
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hey,

thanks!!!!!

can u update my status on the first page!!! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:LBS MiM
Send PM
I have also been admitted to MiM 2010. I was in London for an on-campus interview Tuesday afternoon and the campus is extremely impressive. Thanks for all the help in this thread. See you at LBS!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Congrats unlasheddeer and hofimax! :woohoo

Looking forward to meeting you in London!
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Sam here, looking forward to meet you guys!!! :)

We have a lot to learn from the MBA guys.

the study groups and the shadowing project will be amazing experiences! :)
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Hey bsd_lover

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Will definitely be doing something on the similar lines. Hope it comes out favourable.

Thanks once again

VMH
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've been admitted to LBS MiM as well :)
Hope to see you guys in London!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Woohoo .. gmatclub is definitely cleaning up the MiM !!!!

nyalah wrote:
I've been admitted to LBS MiM as well :)
Hope to see you guys in London!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts