Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Go for it - send in my application to Top Tier MBA?

0% [0]
100% [2]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: 580 (Q:39 V:31) - how much does this score REALLY count? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Eliza wrote:
I wrote my gmat today and got 580 (Q:39 V:31) :? . Verbal was disappointing (English 2nd lang). I did not finish EITHER sections and had to guess my last 5 questions just to make it to the end i.e by cut-off.

I guess the frustrating part here is that I am so close yet so far. I want to apply to a top tier MBA school (current gmat average for January intake around 703), but since the final deadline for the January intake is around the corner, I don't know whether I should give it a bash and send in my applications. There is not enough time to work this score up. Next intakes are only in Sept '04.

I think my profile is quite strong - 4 yrs in Big5 strategy consulting, full scholarship for University, just moved to France for that "international working experience", good recommendation letters...wrapping-up my essays with an "ex-MBA-candidate-from-THE-school's" coach.

What do you think - should I send my applications or rather improve my gmat first? Do I have a chance AT ALL?

Advice WELCOME!..... :?:

What is the disadvantage of applying?

Fees?
Bad record?

-=
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well the "big" schools (or the 2 I am going for) state on their web sites that if you applied once and did not make it, you should not bother to try again......I find that hard to believe though.

But well, I have decided to rewrite the GMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!! It feels as if this test has taken complete control of my life! What about you guys?

Apparently around the end i.e. before the final deadline of an intake group, there are only a few seats left and the competition gets harder to get in...so I don't think my 580 will go too far at this point!

E.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Eliza wrote:
Well the "big" schools (or the 2 I am going for) state on their web sites that if you applied once and did not make it, you should not bother to try again......I find that hard to believe though.

But well, I have decided to rewrite the GMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!! It feels as if this test has taken complete control of my life! What about you guys?

Apparently around the end i.e. before the final deadline of an intake group, there are only a few seats left and the competition gets harder to get in...so I don't think my 580 will go too far at this point!

E.

Probably your reasoning is correct, unfortunately.

If there are a few seats and a lot of applicants, the adcom my try to weed out the low gmat folks first as not to bother reading application essays too much. (I am still not completely sure about the process and about who reads the essays, but this is my impression).

That's a little cruel too about one chance :) Sounds like Europe :wink: I am from "europe" by the way if Ukraine counts, which it probably does not.

I had GMAT as the goal of my life for about half a year. At some point I almost forgot that I have to do smth else. It is actually quite a bummer when you do well on the gmat and then you have to do the essays, and I really suck in this field. I think I have invested too much time and effort in teh GMAT that I almost was disgusted with the whole application thing and ran out of juice for essays and the rest....

-=-=
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts