Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q49  V44
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Chicago Booth, Class of 2011
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Re: Movers [#permalink]
Thanks guys!! After going to Movers.com and getting quotes, it looks like it will be almost the exact same price to have my stuff moved as it would to move it myself via U-Haul!!! Then I can just fly to Evanston instead of having to drive in a big truck. Awesome.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Chicago Booth, Class of 2011
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Yeah, I was pretty surprised that the cash comes out to be very near a wash. The nice part about the movers is that they'll store the items for a fair amount of time. So I'm basically going to do a road trip from SF to Chicago over the course of 2 months, so I can live rent free, etc. for that time and not have to worry about the storage details.

In doing so, however, just make sure to look into appropriate moving storage (about $200-250 for $20K in goods).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
I received a quote of $2200 for 3,000 lbs. from California to Chicago. We're debating whether to have them pack up for us, too. I would normally do it myself and save $700, but I worry about my, er, unprofessional packing methods keeping our items safe during the long drive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MeddlingKid wrote:
I received a quote of $2200 for 3,000 lbs. from California to Chicago. We're debating whether to have them pack up for us, too. I would normally do it myself and save $700, but I worry about my, er, unprofessional packing methods keeping our items safe during the long drive.

That's really not much of a big deal unless you really go a terrible packing job. If you have enough time, picking up some bubble wrap and wrapping paper at a store such as u-haul will definitely be much cheaper than having your movers do the packing.
GMAT Club Bot