Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [1]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Download Center [#permalink]
Expert Reply
apurva1985 wrote:
YA Kind of bt it would be better if it is more prominent so as soon as you come on the home page of the forum you are able to see what all material is there and any one knows where to post the material or where to search it...........Like to give you an example walker created a software called gmat timer, which is a very good software bt it is very hard to find as it is only avialble if in his signature or burried under some post....so if we have got such good material we should make it avialble for everyone with ease...........

I hope i have not exaggerated to much :-D

Hm.... I am not sure how to make it more prominent than it is already today :)
- It is linked from the home page - gmatclub.com
- It is a sticky post at the very top of the GMAT forum
- It is mentioned in a number of stickies about GMAT
- It is in 2,000 Walker's messages

I am not sure how else to make it more prominent. There are many resources and limited real estate to promote them.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Feel free to suggest a different system - I will be happy to try...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth, Stern, Haas
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

hi there,

may be to create it in new tag or at home page, just suggestion... in forum it is a bit difficult to navigate
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
kbulse wrote:
bb wrote:

hi there,

may be to create it in new tag or at home page, just suggestion... in forum it is a bit difficult to navigate

Thanks!
I am happy to post it on the front page, but if Apurva missed Walker's app there, then it may be already too crowded or did you have something different in mind?

one thought is to have a navigation menu but i am not sure how detailed that can be....

Any other thoughts?

Originally posted by bb on 17 Jun 2009, 13:30.
Last edited by bb on 17 Jun 2009, 13:34, edited 2 times in total.
other thoughts
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth, Stern, Haas
Send PM
bb wrote:
kbulse wrote:
bb wrote:

hi there,

Thanks!
I am happy to post it on the front page, but if Apurva missed Walker's app there, then it may be already too crowded or did you have something different in mind?

one thought is to have a navigation menu but i am not sure how detailed that can be....

Any other thoughts?

you got it right, I see your point, it may be already too crowded indeed...
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
kbulse wrote:
you got it right, I see your point, it may be already too crowded indeed...

I guess it sends a message that I need to reorg the navigation.

I also posted Walker's Timer as a GMAT Club Product, even though it is not, but kind of is 8-)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I have done some tweaking and I think i can stick it on the main forum page - the only part missing is the downloads section 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [0]
Send PM
thanks bb, actually i missed that gmat timer on the home page as it was on the bottom of the page, but i think it will be hard to miss who will scroll through the home page.

Do let me know if you need some help, i will be happy to help if i can contribute some how.........
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
apurva1985 wrote:
thanks bb, actually i missed that gmat timer on the home page as it was on the bottom of the page, but i think it will be hard to miss who will scroll through the home page.

Do let me know if you need some help, i will be happy to help if i can contribute some how.........

Thank you for the offer - I am hoping to get back with you within a week or two.

BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1415 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Let me give my thought on download area. Though most likely after that you will throw stones at me. :wink:

I don't think that download area is a great idea for following reasons.

1. It will be a bit messy (i prefer keeping useful files for verbal resources and verbal section, math resources at math section, and so on....) I mean look at the verbal help.. the list of downloadable files is huge...can you imagine all the files together?
2. It will be hard to estimate the value of attached information. (What mean is that putting all the files together will be hard to see whether a person needs it or not, ... as a result a person end's up with a pile of downloaded files with no idea what are they, and what to use them for... ) I believe walkers timer would be much more easier to oversee in a list of downloadable files, compared to current situation. (Can't see the forest for the trees)
3.Most of downloadable information is useless without the original post... one would have to go that post anyway. A lot of useful info from the same topic may be both downloadble and not downloadable (in form of posts)..
4. It will highly encourage visitors who do not want to contribute anything to GMAT Club community (just download stuff and move on) rather than reading some posts, and writing their own...

5. One can find pretty much ALL need information and useful links at this thread everything-you-need-to-preapare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html Now, maybe it can be improved?

I guess that's it...what do you guys think, am I making any sense?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
apurva1985 wrote:
YA Kind of bt it would be better if it is more prominent so as soon as you come on the home page of the forum you are able to see what all material is there and any one knows where to post the material or where to search it...........Like to give you an example walker created a software called gmat timer, which is a very good software bt it is very hard to find as it is only avialble if in his signature or burried under some post....so if we have got such good material we should make it avialble for everyone with ease...........

I hope i have not exaggerated to much :-D

Well - we have a navigation menu now and can make anything prominent. What about that Download section?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [0]
Send PM
BB i must say with this navigation menu the feel of the GMAT club has improved a lot........great job done i think this resource center is more then enough as i can also see that you have put the links also to the posts where the material is posted .......... :) again good job done and you have a good team aboard which is helping you to run this club so smoothly thanks to all moderators.......
GMAT Club Bot