Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [4]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3077 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 603 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: From 720 to 690 [#permalink]
hy.....can ya send me the docs for 1000 CRs,SCs,RCs to ma mail id.

plz its urgent...ma date is very near.
thanks in advance..

ma mail id is....ankit.yd7@gmail.com
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I would like to send you, but I don't have it any more :oops:

Anyway, it shouldn't be problem to find it in this forum. Try search for them, in the end of the dat, I've found all three 1000 series overhere - in GMATclub.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
superguy619 wrote:
hey buddy,
felt bad to hear that ur score declined coz when i read ur 720 post i thought u might hv cracked 750 barrier..anyways nothing to worry as univ consider highest scores of the lot isnt it?? what do u think? have u taken gmat again or planning to do so??
also i have replied to ur post on my thread pls reply.
best of luck not only in applications but in future life,
god bless
bye!!

Thank you for your kind words, superguy. Don't feel bad for me, please - if you look for dates of my two attempts and subsequent admit stories you'll see that haven't damaged my application process. Well, my confidence maybe was shaken a bit, but that's the life.

I think that THE most important factor for my score drop was lage gap between two attemts and, consequently, burnout. Never mind - universities do look only for the highest score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Pathfinder wrote:
I can say that in April SC looked more like SCs from GMATPrep1 and now it looks more like SCs from GMATprep2. Any experienced Gprep user will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for sharing your experience; I've enjoyed reading both of your debriefs! Excellent job on the 720!

I've taken the GMATPrep1 recently, does the overall difficulty level increase in GMATPrep 2? Or, is the SC the only part that gets more difficult?

All the best and plenty of success to you, Pathfinder!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [1]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Kudos
BlindVision wrote:
I've taken the GMATPrep1 recently, does the overall difficulty level increase in GMATPrep 2? Or, is the SC the only part that gets more difficult?

Thank you mate.

No, not really. Overall difficulty of the two tests is at par, the only part which makes trouble is SC in GP2 because it's way harder than SC in the first test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
It happens Pathfinder, its part of life...
Don't get disheartened
720 is a great score and I am sure most schools accept the highest score...
Are you applying for schools now....or taking another chance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Harvard Business School, Stanford
Send PM
You are brave enough to retake the test after getting 720! Good job anyway.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
You like challenge yourself... you are very brave !
I think if I can get 720 I won't try another time : GMAT is an intersting test but there are many other things to do than preparing this test...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
Send PM
First of all, you still got a great score. I am sure your GMAT scores will not be holding you back in your apps.

Thanks for all of the great info... it makes me consider very carefully whether I will want to do this test twice.

:-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Product Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg MMM (Ding), Sloan LGO, Wharton (Ding), Stern (Ding), Booth (Ding), Haas (R3)
 Q44  V41 GMAT 2: 660  Q47  V35
GPA: 2.73
WE 1: Sr Product Manager
WE 2: Product Manager
WE 3: Sales Engineer
Send PM
I jut retook today an went from 700(q44/v41) score 18 months ago to 660(q47/v35) today. Not sure what happened. I'm shattered though. Verbal was definitely more difficult. It's getting late in the game so I'm not sure if I should retake again. I need to start focusing on my essays but part of me feels I should retake while it's fresh. I burned out though. I'm also taking a UCLA Extension stats course and working full time. In all the practice test I took prior to this retake I had never gotten a V35 so don't know what happened. Bad test day I suppose... I was trending at 730 on GMATprep CATs just days before.

What do you guys think?

I'm targeting Stern, Kellogg, Booth, Anderson, Wharton, Sloan, Haas, and LBS.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Thank you! This really helps in evaluating the need to retake the test for 700+ takers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
saagar7 wrote:
Thank you! This really helps in evaluating the need to retake the test for 700+ takers!

Actually the earlier posts by retakers are quite old. I read somewhere that earlier, the "cancel score" option was not there, when these guys would have taken GMAT again.

But now, there is this "cancel score" option and so, I feel that the risk of scoring low on the second attempt, has reduced. Actually I should say that the risk of a lower score being reported on the score card has reduced, because if you score lower on the second attempt, you can cancel the score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PrijitDebnath wrote:
saagar7 wrote:

Actually the earlier posts by retakers are quite old. I read somewhere that earlier, the "cancel score" option was not there, when these guys would have taken GMAT again.

But now, there is this "cancel score" option and so, I feel that the risk of scoring low on the second attempt, has reduced. Actually I should say that the risk of a lower score being reported on the score card has reduced, because if you score lower on the second attempt, you can cancel the score.

Has the format changed again now? I hear about some improvements after July 15!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PrijitDebnath wrote:
saagar7 wrote:

Has the format changed again now? I hear about some improvements after July 15!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts