Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: gmatclub tests difficulty? [#permalink]
I have access to them as well. Here are my results. I've been taking ~1 per day for the past week.

Test Correct Total % Correct Mean time Percentile
m01 31 37 84% 83.4548 sec 85%
m02 33 37 89% 93.8058 sec 90%
m03 30 37 81% 111.1665 sec 80%
m04 33 37 89% 107.7445 sec 91%
m05 29 36 81% 122.0276 sec 82%
m06 24 33 73% 136.3358 sec 53%
m07 28 37 76% 121.3407 sec 66%
m08 20 34 59% 124.5703 sec 39%

I was a joint-math major (equivalent to minor) in college so I was fairly surprised by my low scores. As you can see the more I do the WORSE i get... not sure if these results are typical, but they sure as hell are frustrating. I haven't taken the official GMAT yet but am shooting for 50+.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 867 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q49  V39
These tests are deceptive. Some questions look easy, but they test a very fine detail that you need to understand. I took two of them and got 26 and 28. Going back through the answers there were several areas where I made very silly mistakes and didn't read carfully. Also, I've been trying to get through these quickly (<1 hour) mainly b/c I do them after work when I'm braindead. But anyway, these seem like they will be good practice to really watch and interpret the words of the question.
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
We hope you benefit from the Tests and score higher on the actual GMAT. Good luck with the prep! :)

topher wrote:
These tests are deceptive. Some questions look easy, but they test a very fine detail that you need to understand. I took two of them and got 26 and 28. Going back through the answers there were several areas where I made very silly mistakes and didn't read carfully. Also, I've been trying to get through these quickly (<1 hour) mainly b/c I do them after work when I'm braindead. But anyway, these seem like they will be good practice to really watch and interpret the words of the question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
From what I can gather, the overall consensus is that they are more difficult than what the GMAT is likely to throw at you.
As I’ve said in a previous post the gmatclub tests cover the full breath of the syllabus. It makes it easier to see where you are weakest in.

Bipolarbear – If your scores are going down then perhaps you are not learning from the mistakes you made in the previous tests. You might also be hitting on weak areas in the later tests that you weren’t exposed to in the earlier tests. Perhaps if you can crack these weak areas your average will start to rise again in the second half.
I’m a Computer Science major and have always been good at math but I’m not performing that well on these tests either. I think the key to success is understanding math fundamentals really well – even silly stuff like manipulating radicals, irrational numbers, terminating and non terminating decimals, large factions, exponents… the list goes on.
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
We've already heard a couple of times from people saying that they performed worse and worse after the first m01 test. It seems that the first couple tests are little easier than the middle part of the first ten math tests. However, the difficulty level is very hard to define. Anyway, these were my thoughts. Please don't get discouraged by worse performance in some tests. They should identify and improve your weaker areas anyway.

Archived Topic
Hi there,
Archived GMAT Club Tests question - no more replies possible.
Where to now? Try our up-to-date Free Adaptive GMAT Club Tests for the latest questions.
Still interested? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for better discussion and related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92912 posts