Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

A high verbal ability on the Quant section is actually a great asset since many math questions are have an important reading comprehension component.

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,
Count me in your club.

After reading many posts on this forum, I reached on conclusion not to give up. Unlike you, I am week in verbal.

You can certainly improve without much efforts just by mastering basics of math and doing practice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Math can absolutely be increased. You are in a fortunate position, it is much harder to acquire the verbal skills that the analytical skills. This is simply a conclusion of the fact that almost every math problem you will see on the GMAT is a variation of one available through test material. Take the challeges on this forum, they are exteremly beneficial. Also, practice relentlessly. You could definately breach 700 hundered with improvement to your Q scores.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. It is greatly appreciated.

I am going to speak to a few school reps for advice and, knowing how competitive this process is, I will probably end up giving this test one more shot.

It's not in my personality to just give up. No matter how difficult this test is. Even if I try to improve and fail, it would be easier for me to live with that than quit now.

I hope to see you all around here for the next 1-2 months.

Aaron
:wink:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hawk269 wrote:
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. It is greatly appreciated.

I am going to speak to a few school reps for advice and, knowing how competitive this process is, I will probably end up giving this test one more shot.

It's not in my personality to just give up. No matter how difficult this test is. Even if I try to improve and fail, it would be easier for me to live with that than quit now.

I hope to see you all around here for the next 1-2 months.
Aaron
:wink:

...and miles to go before I (you) sleep.
good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Hawk I feel your pain, I really do, I just took the exam an hour ago and got a (drum roll please)....................... 580, yep I called an advisor/family friend I know at the school I want to get into (university of Arizona) and he told me "take the exam again, the invisible unspoken bottom is 600" meaning anything less than a 600 you should probably have the last name "Bush" to get a chance with any decent program. I
m not giving up and neither should you. Even though it's only an exam, you shouldn't give up for this same reason, it's only an EXPLETIVE Exam.

Don’t give up.

Originally posted by jeremy02 on 11 Oct 2004, 13:26.
Last edited by jeremy02 on 11 Oct 2004, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Welcome to the club jeremy and Hawk. I'm sorry for your experiences with the GMAT but know that it IS possible to increase your score to 700+ if you put in serious effort at it. I would suggest you to actively participate in this club in order to learn. Remember, there is nothing wrong about having a wrong answer; however, there is something wrong about refraining from posting an answer which could help yourself and others learn. We only learn through our mistakes and it the only way one gets better. One more thing: as I often said, there is no merit in posting a mere answer to a question. Instead, try to explain why you picked the right answer or rejected the other ones and you will see your learning curve increase. Good luck in your quest to both of you :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts