Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Stanford R1, Wharton R1 w/int, Chicago R1, HBS R2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
I'm in for R1...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology
Schools:Berkeley-Haas MBA
WE 1: Investment Management (fund of funds)
WE 2: Private Equity ($2bn generalist fund)
Send PM
I had a quick question for re-applicants:

Essay2 (failure essay) is the same as last year's. It was probably my best essay and a "failure" that had a really good ending. Can I use the same story with changes to how its written and add in any developments over the year or do I have to think of a new failure that has occurred over the last year?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Send PM
stopper5 wrote:
I had a quick question for re-applicants:

Essay2 (failure essay) is the same as last year's. It was probably my best essay and a "failure" that had a really good ending. Can I use the same story with changes to how its written and add in any developments over the year or do I have to think of a new failure that has occurred over the last year?

If I was in your shoes, I would use the same one. If it is a good essay, it is a good essay. Plus, it may be somewhat awkward to share two different failures.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Product Management
Schools:Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
stuck on wharton essay 2. my brain just freezes to death :(
any tips to tackle it???
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
stopper5 wrote:

Reapplying works better with totally new essays - it is a chance to show a new you/personal profile that is more appealing to the adcom (i.e. a better fit) than the old image you created last time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
Pls add me to R1 too :-) Not looking fwd to writing essay 2 :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
 Q50  V48
Send PM
I'm in for R1!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools:HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Send PM
Gunning for Round 1 here - if the GMAT is not up to par by the deadline, I will roll to Round 2.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
If any of you guys want to meet up when you come to Wharton for a visit (and visit you should), shoot me a PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey Guys

I am filling out the Wharton application and it is asking for "Native Langauge" I was born in India but all my education including undergrauduate education happened in English langauge. Again, i am not sure most of the indians can say their native langauge is English. Do you think i require to have TOEFL score.

In the application requirement section it says "All international applicants whose native language (language first learned and spoken at home) is not English, or who did not complete a degree from an institution where English was the language of instruction, are required to take the TOEFL in addition to the GMAT."

The thing to note is the connecting word is "or" meaning if either of the condition is met you are required to give TOEFL? Any guidance please
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Lionvish - I would say ask the adcom in the Wharton forum.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:LBS
Send PM
does anyone know where you can see the recommender questions?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
Here you go, I don't remember where I got it from, I just googled I think.
1) How long have you known the applicant and please describe your relationship to the applicant.

2) How has the applicant’s career progressed over the time that you have known him/her? How does this growth compare to his/her peer group? Please describe the peer group to which you are comparing this applicant.

3) How would you describe the applicant’s personality in the areas of personal integrity and disposition? Please provide examples.

4) What are the applicant’s most salient strengths? Please provide an example of each strength referenced.

5) Provide an example of a piece of constructive feedback you have provided to the applicant. How did the applicant receive this feedback and what efforts has the applicant made to address the concern?

6) What observations do you have concerning the applicant’s leadership abilities, team and/or group skills. Please provide an example of a time when the applicant has been particularly successful interacting with others or in a team; why was the applicant successful?

7) Please choose one of the following three questions based on your knowledge of the applicant.

* a. Provide an example of when the applicant has made an error in judgment. What happened? How did s/he handle the setback?
* b. Provide an example of how the applicant has adjusted his/her style to better meet objectives and/or engage people.
* c. Give an example of a time when the applicant has been successful at empowering either a person or a group of people to accomplish a task.

8) Please provide examples to support any bottom 20% ratings that you provided in the rating matrix and any additional comments you think would assist the Admissions Committee in making its decision.

HBS2011 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Hey guys, I am going to the Wharton information session in Rio tomorrow evening. Any suggestions on dress code? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
 Q50  V48
Send PM
latammc wrote:
Is it me or Wharton Adcom changed their policy about rec letters? My understanding was that they required 2 + 1 optional but I couldn't find anything on the optional one in the new site or in the application form.

Any clue?

I just saw the answer to this question posted on the official Wharton message boards. They said that yes, they had changed their policy and are now only allowing 2 rec letters. Too bad, because I definitely would have taken advantage of the third...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:LBS
Send PM
praz wrote:
Here you go, I don't remember where I got it from, I just googled I think.
1) How long have you known the applicant and please describe your relationship to the applicant.

2) How has the applicant’s career progressed over the time that you have known him/her? How does this growth compare to his/her peer group? Please describe the peer group to which you are comparing this applicant.

3) How would you describe the applicant’s personality in the areas of personal integrity and disposition? Please provide examples.

4) What are the applicant’s most salient strengths? Please provide an example of each strength referenced.

5) Provide an example of a piece of constructive feedback you have provided to the applicant. How did the applicant receive this feedback and what efforts has the applicant made to address the concern?

6) What observations do you have concerning the applicant’s leadership abilities, team and/or group skills. Please provide an example of a time when the applicant has been particularly successful interacting with others or in a team; why was the applicant successful?

7) Please choose one of the following three questions based on your knowledge of the applicant.

* a. Provide an example of when the applicant has made an error in judgment. What happened? How did s/he handle the setback?
* b. Provide an example of how the applicant has adjusted his/her style to better meet objectives and/or engage people.
* c. Give an example of a time when the applicant has been successful at empowering either a person or a group of people to accomplish a task.

8) Please provide examples to support any bottom 20% ratings that you provided in the rating matrix and any additional comments you think would assist the Admissions Committee in making its decision.

HBS2011 wrote:

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
What kinds of stories are you guys using for these two essays:

Essay 4 – (500 words)

Choose one of the following:
a. Give us a specific example of a time when you solved a complex problem.
b. Tell us about something significant that you have done to improve yourself, in either your professional and/or personal endeavors.

Can someone give me an example of "complex problem"?
What about "something significant"?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts