Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 570 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Practice questions posted should have more sub-catagories [#permalink]
Kudos
When you post a question there should be check-boxes to select from a list of question types. For example:

Question type (check all that apply):

_Variables in answer choices
_Geometry
_Linear Algebra
_Number theory
_Square roots
_Subject-verb agreement
_Parallelism
etc....

Now when I search, I should be able to search all geometry questions, or questions with variables in answer choices, so I can easily find a selection of them and practice the area sufficiently.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you for the suggestion Mendelay - that's exactly the idea behind the TAGS (a few posts above), to be able to classify questions and posts accordingly.

My guess is that the new feature will be rolled out on a test basis in a week and fully functional in 2 weeks if no major bugs are found. I definitely look forward to hearing your feedback once the tags are enabled.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:South Asian B-schools
 Q48  V18
Send PM
Kudos
***********************I have 2 suggestions ******************************

Suggestion 1
My suggestion is to assign a Level Of Difficulty (LOD) to each question such as Low, Medium, High and tough. Also if we can club LOD with each category, everyone can actually choose which level to start with. From Low level each one can slowly graduate to next higher levels in each category (Medium, High, Tough). our moderators & founders should assign a LOD to each question and it will get categories it self accordingly on forums' active board under a specific topic. I think clubbing this with your tagging system will work really well.

for example : An intern can chooses to enter Critical Reasoning at any level (LOD) say High for any topic say Bold faced question as per his wish (because we don't know how good he is) and starts answering.

Also kudos should have differntial marking for each level; hence a tough kudos will score say +4 and low kudos will score +1.

Suggestion 2
why can't we have standard font as specified by GMAT for all questions, even blue screen with white background. This will give a real feel that one is solving on GMAT test screen. See this is not a eureka suggestion but it wil just make our experience like one in the real GMAT test screen..that's it
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
bhushan252 wrote:
***********************I have 2 suggestions ******************************

Suggestion 1
My suggestion is to assign a Level Of Difficulty (LOD) to each question such as Low, Medium, High and tough. Also if we can club LOD with each category, everyone can actually choose which level to start with. From Low level each one can slowly graduate to next higher levels in each category (Medium, High, Tough). our moderators & founders should assign a LOD to each question and it will get categories it self accordingly on forums' active board under a specific topic. I think clubbing this with your tagging system will work really well.

for example : An intern can chooses to enter Critical Reasoning at any level (LOD) say High for any topic say Bold faced question as per his wish (because we don't know how good he is) and starts answering.

Also kudos should have differntial marking for each level; hence a tough kudos will score say +4 and low kudos will score +1.

Suggestion 2
why can't we have standard font as specified by GMAT for all questions, even blue screen with white background. This will give a real feel that one is solving on GMAT test screen. See this is not a eureka suggestion but it wil just make our experience like one in the real GMAT test screen..that's it

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Very much appreciate the thoughts.

Difficulty levels is a great idea even though it was discussed a few times. Your suggestion is better than usual (just let users assign difficulty level) though it comes at the expense of requiring moderators to go through every question. It is OK for math, but very hard to establish for Verbal. Even moderators and experienced members will have a hard time classifying an RC or SC, for example.

Personally, I use the number of replies (you can arrange the questions by number of replies as an indicator of difficulty of the question). It does not always work, but often you will find a lot of tough/interesting questions this way.

As to #2, that should not be too hard to do. What do you feel is the value of having the questions presented in the GMAT-like colors. They are still not timed and still you are taking only one question at a time. Do you think it will add any points?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Dear BB,

I would like to suggest here to standardize our forum:

1- A lot of pictures are too large, it need to reduce width and length
2- It's also with long quotes.

These make a lot of spaces in topic and really difficult to read!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
mrbgam wrote:
Dear BB,

I would like to suggest here to standardize our forum:

1- A lot of pictures are too large, it need to reduce width and length
2- It's also with long quotes.

These make a lot of spaces in topic and really difficult to read!

Thank you mrbgam! Appreciate the feedback.

1. I think I can think of something. Let me research.
2. Not sure but will look around - definitely gets annoying when someone quotes a very large topic with a 1-line answer

Best Regards,
BB.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3826 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
I love this "Tag" way of posting
very innovative indeed!

Few tags which are already there in SC are
"Resources, Subject Verb Agreement, Verb Tense, Pronouns, Vague Pronouns, Modifiers, Style and Usage, Parallel Structure, Comparisons, Hard Question, Verb Voice, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs, Idioms, Conjunctions, Punctuation, Clauses, Which/That, GMAT Prep, OG, ETS Paper Test, Debatable OA "

I suggest the following(and will add more if i get any in other sections)

Gerund, use of being, Subjunctive, If-Then, Infinitive , Dangling Modifier,Participle Parallelism .

Also if its not done, pls arrange the tags alphabetically

thanks BB
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
nitya34 wrote:
I love this "Tag" way of posting
very innovative indeed!

Few tags which are already there in SC are
"Resources, Subject Verb Agreement, Verb Tense, Pronouns, Vague Pronouns, Modifiers, Style and Usage, Parallel Structure, Comparisons, Hard Question, Verb Voice, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs, Idioms, Conjunctions, Punctuation, Clauses, Which/That, GMAT Prep, OG, ETS Paper Test, Debatable OA "

I suggest the following(and will add more if i get any in other sections)

Gerund, use of being, Subjunctive, If-Then, Infinitive , Dangling Modifier,Participle Parallelism .

Also if its not done, pls arrange the tags alphabetically

thanks BB

Thank you! Glad the tags work - please don't hesitate to suggest any others you feel are missing. Adding and sorting is easy.

BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, in the tags add an extra tag called 1000 SC's as most of the questions that we discuss here are from this section.
This would help us to filter out....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Kudos
I was just wondering if we can have a feature like follower or fan of other members ? Example, if member A is follower or fan of member B, member A should be notified of any new posts / activities submitted by the member B in public forums. It would be really helpful in tracking posts of good contributors.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
bigoyal wrote:
I was just wondering if we can have a feature like follower or fan of other members ? Example, if member A is follower or fan of member B, member A should be notified of any new posts / activities submitted by the member B in public forums. It would be really helpful in tracking posts of good contributors.

I like your thinking!!!
Will be in touch via a PM.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Hi ,

I recently edited one of my older post regarding numbers. However, the updated thread was not showing in the first list of threads in forum. So i had to post another
message within the same thread in order to make it visible in the first page of the thread list.
My suggesstion is to make the thread visible on the list of actie threads when an original post is edited.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
urchin wrote:
Hi ,

I recently edited one of my older post regarding numbers. However, the updated thread was not showing in the first list of threads in forum. So i had to post another
message within the same thread in order to make it visible in the first page of the thread list.
My suggesstion is to make the thread visible on the list of actie threads when an original post is edited.

Thanks! We've already looked into this in the past. Unfortunately did not find a solution.
Would suggest you use the good old technique of posting a short post that says "Updated xxxx" and you can link to that post with "permalink" or make the same post or....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Can we add a search capability to search the members from a particular location? eg. I should be able to find the members from Chicago, IL or zip code 60601. So members staying in nearby cities/counties can form local study groups if needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
is sort posts by descending time not working... i see a march 2009 post between a nov 2009 post and a oct 2009 post in this thread... similar problem in other threads

edit: to reproduce the problem, go to pg2 then go to pg1, and the posts will be sorted by username of author
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,
I've been passive member of this forum, I'm really not so happy with the search function, I tried so many options but always the message comes up stating the search criteria has too common words. I simply wanted to find e.g. test m03's q01 so I tried a.[m03, q01] b.[m03 is x>3] etc but to no avail

Other thing I've noticed is sometimes this site is terribly slow, not that my net connection is culprit because other sites were working fine at those moments

Your assistance will be great

Thanks
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [1]
Given Kudos: 334
Kudos
The forum search doesn't catch short strings like m03. It doesn't regard similar strings with numbers in them as words. I suggest you use the Custom Google search at the top of every forum page. Another idea is to search for a string from the question and not just the question number. Custom Google Search usually does a very good job of searching for a specific string from the question.

I assume you know about this thread, but want to remind about it anyway:
gmat-club-tests-master-threads-all-tests-78599.html

You might be able to find some discussions in there too.

The website is sometimes slow but it shouldn't stay slow for a long time though. Feel free to email us at support@gmatclub.com whenever the website is too slow.

Thank you for the feedback!
linkinpark wrote:
Hi,
I've been passive member of this forum, I'm really not so happy with the search function, I tried so many options but always the message comes up stating the search criteria has too common words. I simply wanted to find e.g. test m03's q01 so I tried a.[m03, q01] b.[m03 is x>3] etc but to no avail

Other thing I've noticed is sometimes this site is terribly slow, not that my net connection is culprit because other sites were working fine at those moments

Your assistance will be great

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44