Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:
Social reps from stream A, made a video promoting themselves. Its actually funnier if you know the folks personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl66omqbyXc

Some scenes were shot in the LBS quad. Enjoy :)

Yep, we had class elections this week -- quite a bit of buzz about that one! Basically, the social reps for each class stream organize all of the unofficial social events like pub crawls, club nights, overseas trips, dinners, etc. For example, one of the social reps from another class stream managed to score entry for a group of us to one of London's private celebrity-spotting clubs this week... 8-)

We also have academic reps (they deliver feedback to professors and the administration about the classes and programme) and career reps (they interact with recruiters, etc.).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, London Business School, Darden, Cornell
Send PM
Hey guys, when submitting your transcripts to LBS, did you just send them online (i.e. via the mba.com website), or did you actually send them by mail ? The website doesn't seem to specify if there is a preferred way to send it to them.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
TheDream wrote:
Hey guys, when submitting your transcripts to LBS, did you just send them online (i.e. via the mba.com website), or did you actually send them by mail ? The website doesn't seem to specify if there is a preferred way to send it to them.

For the transcripts expected after your application (i.e. not the uploaded version in the application form itself), they would be a hardcopy version sent via mail (they want an official copy).
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, London Business School, Darden, Cornell
Send PM
Crap, I meant GMAT score , not transcripts :oops:

How do you report those to LBS (I didnt select LBS as one of my schools to send to when I took the GMAT) ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
You do that via gmac web site. I believe it costs USD25.

TheDream wrote:

How do you report those to LBS (I didnt select LBS as one of my schools to send to when I took the GMAT) ?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:LBS (R1-Admit), Oxford (R1-Admit)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
prashok wrote:
TheDream wrote:

For the transcripts expected after your application (i.e. not the uploaded version in the application form itself), they would be a hardcopy version sent via mail (they want an official copy).

Hello Prashok,

That is only if selected for admissions, is that right. For application and interview, a scanned copy uploaded during application should suffice ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
humblewinner wrote:
Hello Prashok,

That is only if selected for admissions, is that right. For application and interview, a scanned copy uploaded during application should suffice ?

Yes, that's correct. Official transcripts are only required after the admit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
chiank, typically all MBA programs require full-time work experience, therefore your work experience as an intern may not count. I´d recommend trying to find a full-time job and work for a couple years before you apply to any MBA. However, you could already start studying for the GMAT :-).

@ bsd_lover, how´s it going? From your posts seems like you´re enjoying your first month at LBS. It´s such a great time getting to know everyone. Speaking of GMAT, I read in a previous post of yours that the class of 2011´s average GMAT is 697, that´s 3 points more than the class of 2010, and the highest ever. Sure the class of 2012 will crack the 700 mark next year! As to why LBS has a lower GMAT average compared to US schools, that is probably due to the student mix. US b-schools have around 70% American students, whose native language is English. Therefore, N. Americans on average score higher than say South Americans or Europeans because N. Americans are used to such standardized tests (e.g. SAT) and they have an advantage at the verbal part of the GMAT. LBS only has around 30% Americans (and Brits) I believe. But I agree with you that LBS is not as much focused on the GMAT than some other US counterparts!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
When do 1st term grades come out? Do a lot of students report these grades on their resume during the recruiting season?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
LBS has GND (Grade non disclosure). Not that it matters in first term as all papers are pass/fail in first term. The real action begins in second / third terms. But in all honesty the vast majority of the class is not out to get superb grades. Also, there are some scary smart people in the class. I dont think I'll make dean's list even if I wanted to.

They say you can do 2 out of grades / career / social. Anecdotally, grades is usually 3rd on people's list.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Please add me to this thread for R1.
Also, I'm starting my essays only today and am literally crapping bricks...I have goals/leadership essays from other schools though and I just have to write 2 new ones.
I just spoke to Adcom and they said R1 does have an advantage so I'm rushing to get this into R1.
Is anybody else in the same boat or am I the only idiot?
Any "you can do it" words are appreciated, and so are "No way " advice.
good luck to all
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheDream wrote:

Aren't self-reported scores sufficient for GMAT at the time of application?
thanks
WG
Manager
Manager
Send PM
asadkiz wrote:
NEED ADVICE: I had applied R1 Jan. 2010 INSEAD; R3 Aug. 2009 LBS; Oxford; and IE. I got into IE & Oxford. Got waitlisted at LBS & INSEAD. I declined the offer at Oxford, and decided to join April 2010 term at IE. Left my job in August and have gone on a long holiday trip. Gave up any hope on LBS. Am still waiting for a positive or a negative reply from INSEAD. All packed and ready to join IE.

Long behold, today I got an admit email from LBS for class of 2012, starting Aug. 2010. I am totally confused. I have already left my job. Tell me if I have to decide between IE & LBS, what should I do? Suppose I get into INSEAD also, it gets even more confusing. Although INSEAD might be an easier decision as it starts in Jan. Please help me make a decision here.

Wait...you got an Admit for LBS Class of 2012??? how's that even possible? isnt the deadline October 7th?
Please clarify...maybe I am missing something
thanks
WG
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
wiseguyMBA wrote:
Please add me to this thread for R1.
Also, I'm starting my essays only today and am literally crapping bricks...I have goals/leadership essays from other schools though and I just have to write 2 new ones.
I just spoke to Adcom and they said R1 does have an advantage so I'm rushing to get this into R1.
Is anybody else in the same boat or am I the only idiot?
Any "you can do it" words are appreciated, and so are "No way " advice.
good luck to all

I'd been planning to apply in R1 since the beginning of this year. However, I'm starting a new job and I'd like to include my new position in the application and essays, so I've decided to apply R2. I know about the advantages of applying early but I've been telling myself that there's no point in handing in a mediocre application now if I can hand in something much better later. I'll keep working on my essays and I'll retake the GMAT (my quant score was "meh" and an LBS rep said, in an Accepted.com chat, that a high GMAT does help) so hopefully the delay will be worth it.

Honestly though, if you're happy with your application and know you won't have any regrets after hitting the Submit button, you should go for it.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
wiseguy every year LBS hands out some early admits to few candidates who had been waitlisted in the prior year and had stuck through the waitlist for the entire year. This has nothing to do with the new application cycle.

wiseguyMBA wrote:

Wait...you got an Admit for LBS Class of 2012??? how's that even possible? isnt the deadline October 7th?
Please clarify...maybe I am missing something
thanks
WG
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="bsd_lover"]wiseguy every year LBS hands out some early admits to few candidates who had been waitlisted in the prior year and had stuck through the waitlist for the entire year. This has nothing to do with the new application cycle.
Thank you for clarifying BSD. Congrats asadkiz ...that must be a great feeling !!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
tmino the honeymoon is well and truly over. We had the first week of the "real" core and assignments. The workload has hit me like a ton of bricks. The professors are amazing and are trying to slow things down for folks like me who haven't had any finance or accounting experiences. But its still pretty overwhelming. I was slacking off and partying with my stream last night. In the process, I ignored the readings for today. Bad idea - first waking up and reaching class by 8.15 was nearly impossible. Then i had to do an extra 2 hours of reading after 6 hours of lectures to catch up. Although I love my stream and would probably end up doing the party bit all over again.

Contrary to many myths, getting in is definitely not the easiest part. I have heard that it will get better next term (when recruiting comes around full swing). So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

tmino wrote:
@ bsd_lover, how´s it going? From your posts seems like you´re enjoying your first month at LBS. It´s such a great time getting to know everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts