Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
hi MJ,

i wuld like to know abt the admission procedure and stuff, and also the job opprtunites f tis course., in general your overall exprnc ter..:P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Kudos
arvs212 wrote:
hi MJ,

i wuld like to know abt the admission procedure and stuff, and also the job opprtunites f tis course., in general your overall exprnc ter..:P

hi there! Admission process is quite similar to other major b-schools but let me just say that the whole MiM team is very considerate throughout the process and they will make sure you are on track at all times. Just as applying at any other place, you need a bachelors (any field) transcript, english proficiency proof, CV, two references, application essays, online application and of course the GMAT. If short-listed, clear the interview and you are on your way to London!
I can't give any data or concrete facts as far as the job opportunities are concerned but given how the LBS brand sells its other programmes, we are betting (hopeful) that the MiM employment report won't look very different from the MBA or MiF.
Its just been a week since the course started and its been great so far, we have had several seminars, several psychometric tests and their results, formulated study group contracts, enjoyed a long night at the sundowners (i-e drinks at the effectively LBS bar), talks from the Managing editor of FT and the Lord Mayor of London and the best evening yet was Friday's BBQ. I would say its been a quite awesome first week, far above expectations.

keep posting here and i'll update you folks with the latest.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Industrial Sector
Schools:Kellogg, MIT, Michigan, Berkeley, Marshall, Mellon
 Q47  V28
Send PM
thanks for the info!!

I've never heard about it before but it sounds interesting

looking forward to hearing more from you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Is the MiM an alternative to the MBA or would one get an MiM, more work experience, and then get an MBA?
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
sharshar84 wrote:
Is the MiM an alternative to the MBA or would one get an MiM, more work experience, and then get an MBA?

MiM is a pre-experience program. Admission office discourages anyone with more than 12 months of FT work experience to apply. Quite clearly MiM is not an alternative to MBA. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MJ2009 wrote:
sharshar84 wrote:

MiM is a pre-experience program. Admission office discourages anyone with more than 12 months of FT work experience to apply. Quite clearly MiM is not an alternative to MBA. :)

by Full Time work experience, do you mean any kind of work or only relevant work related to Management?

Thank you
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Send PM
No I believe it is all full time work experience.

pigbird wrote:
MJ2009 wrote:
sharshar84 wrote:

by Full Time work experience, do you mean any kind of work or only relevant work related to Management?

Thank you
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
This is somewhat of a useless post but I was just wondering if someone could throw some ideas in this thread (or at some other appropriate place) on how to market this thread about LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011?
The reason I bring it up is because we have been working on a marketing challenge for the past week and I was thinking if I could somehow use this thread if it becomes (or more likely is made) very very active. Active enough to pop up on google searches for terms like "Masters in Management" or "LBS Masters" or some other variant searches. Any ideas people? (Feel absolutely free to post here or pm)

BB, will take permission from you, before acting upon any idea :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was waiting for someone to start this post
Thanks MJ for starting the discussion and also sharing your your experiences.
I want to ask whether there are any students in the MIM batch of yours who are interested in Energy sector and is MIM relevant for them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools:LBS MiM
Send PM
Kudos
@guptaabhi87: I am also an MiM 2010 student and yes, there are some who are interested in energy. I also know that some did interships with major energy companies. MiM students have access to all student clubs, and so if someone is interested in energy it is no problem to get involved with the energy club or any other related one. Obviously in a one-year programme you cannot have academic classes focusing on energy. Energy companies are also very active recruiters at LBS, I remember career service talking about Shell and BP in specific.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you very much for the reply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would like to know more about the shadow projects at London Business School.What is it exactly?
How is it helping Mim students to gain practical business skills?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh yes forgot to mention!!!
Saw some of the marketing challenges videos of MIM students on youtube :-D
My personal Favourite was by D-16 :)
Please give a pat on the back to all of them!!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Send PM
Looks like one of the best LBS videos has come out of the MiM folks. Well done - keep them coming :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjiynzIh7Ps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi MJ,

Thanks for creating this post...just the kind of place where you can throw all your doubts out for discussion. How is the programme going? I am applying for MiM 2011, so just wanted to know the overall development of the MiM. Also, is the application process too stringent? What kind of GMAT score is considered as acceptable?

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers.. :)
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
pooj005 wrote:
Hi MJ,

Thanks for creating this post...just the kind of place where you can throw all your doubts out for discussion. How is the programme going? I am applying for MiM 2011, so just wanted to know the overall development of the MiM. Also, is the application process too stringent? What kind of GMAT score is considered as acceptable?

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers.. :)

Hey there! Sorry for not keeping this post alive... School's really busy, specially with all the job applications going on at the moment. Its a tough world out there! Getting a job is not really so easy after-all!

Anyway pooj as to your questions.... MiM programme is awesome.. its going pretty well actually. I have a Management Analysis and Systems mid-term tomorrow, (all the reasons why shouldn't be posting this at the moment). Got over with career week 2 weeks back. Next week is business immersion week, fancy name to say, more company visits (and hopefully a job for me). The MiM programme is developing quite fast which is an awesome thing and the small tweaks that need to be made will be all done by the time you guys come in next year, in short, be ready for a lot of work and fun. Application process didn't seem too stringent but since applications are on the rise, the competition might be. Admission office is the best contact for this sort of info. I can just give an idea of the current class at the moment, as I haven't met any prospective students on campus yet. GMAT is supposed to be above 650, but I would say aim at 700 to be on the safe side.

Anyway bbye
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi MJ2009,

Thanks for the reply. Hope you had a fruitful time at the business immersion week.

Cheers:-)

Pooj005
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts