Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink]
Wolfie wrote:
Did anyone receive an e-mail with information about Round 1 after they submitted the application? I'm a reapplicant and I know they sent out an e-mail last year, but I didn't get anything this time. Just wondering if I missed something. :?

Wolfie, what do you exactly mean with an email with the information?

I received this:

Dear [your name],

Your status has changed to "Complete". The next step in the process is to allow for the admissions committee to review your application. All applicants who are invited to interview will be notified by 5:00pm November 11th.

The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
voice 773.702.7369 | Fax 773.702.9085
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Thanks, Latammc!

Last year they sent out this e-mail:
Next Steps for Round 2 Applicants

Thanks for submitting your application and for your interest in Chicago Booth. In keeping with our commitment to transparency in the Admissions process, we are sending this email to explain what will happen with your application within the next few weeks.
From January 7 to February 18:

This is our primary application evaluation period. While we're reading files, you will notice the status of your application periodically changing in our Online Application System. Below is a description of each status:

Submitted - Once you submit your application online the status will change to "Submitted." At this time, edits to your application are no longer possible. Recommendations may be submitted until January 14th.

Received - This means that we've received your materials. Your status may not be changed to "Received" for about two weeks after the application deadline. If your status does not read "Received" by January 26, contact us at admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu

Complete - This means that all required information has been received and physically placed in your file by the operations team. If your application status doesn't read "Complete" by January 28, please contact us at admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu

Incomplete - This means that we have not received all of your required information. We'll contact you via email if you are "Incomplete." You can also check which requirements are missing on the Application Status screen in the Online Application System.

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Wednesday, January 21st and will continue this process through Wednesday, February 18th. Look for an email that asks you to check your status via the Online Application System. If your status reads Invite to Interview, the Admissions Committee believes an interview will help us further evaluate your admission credentials. We will provide detailed instructions on scheduling your interview.

If you do not receive an invitation to be interviewed by the mid-decision date (February 18), you will receive your final decision on that date.
From February 18 to March 25:

As soon as you have been invited to interview, you will need to schedule and complete your Admissions interview. All Interviews must be completed by March 4.

Remember that if invited to interview, you will be required to submit official transcripts, GMAT scores and/or TOEFL/IELTS score reports by March 9. Please note that even after your interview is completed, your status will remain "Invite to Interview" until a final decision has been made.

After your interview is completed, the Committee will again read your application along with your interview feedback in order to make a final decision.

On March 25, the Final Decision date, we'll be ready to release final decisions at 9:00 am. Look for the last email asking you to check your status online.

The Admissions team is here to address your questions and concerns. Feel free to reach us at 773.702.7369 or admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu. Good Luck!

Warm regards,

Rosemaria Martinelli
Associate Dean, Student Recruitment & Admissions

I guess they are only e-mailing when your application goes complete now.
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Wolfie wrote:
Thanks, Latammc!

Thanks for submitting your application and for your interest in Chicago Booth. In keeping with our commitment to transparency in the Admissions process, we are sending this email to explain what will happen with your application within the next few weeks.

This is our primary application evaluation period. While we're reading files, you will notice the status of your application periodically changing in our Online Application System. Below is a description of each status:

Submitted - Once you submit your application online the status will change to "Submitted." At this time, edits to your application are no longer possible. Recommendations may be submitted until January 14th.

Received - This means that we've received your materials. Your status may not be changed to "Received" for about two weeks after the application deadline. If your status does not read "Received" by January 26, contact us at admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu

Complete - This means that all required information has been received and physically placed in your file by the operations team. If your application status doesn't read "Complete" by January 28, please contact us at admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu

Incomplete - This means that we have not received all of your required information. We'll contact you via email if you are "Incomplete." You can also check which requirements are missing on the Application Status screen in the Online Application System.

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Wednesday, January 21st and will continue this process through Wednesday, February 18th. Look for an email that asks you to check your status via the Online Application System. If your status reads Invite to Interview, the Admissions Committee believes an interview will help us further evaluate your admission credentials. We will provide detailed instructions on scheduling your interview.

If you do not receive an invitation to be interviewed by the mid-decision date (February 18), you will receive your final decision on that date.

As soon as you have been invited to interview, you will need to schedule and complete your Admissions interview. All Interviews must be completed by March 4.

Remember that if invited to interview, you will be required to submit official transcripts, GMAT scores and/or TOEFL/IELTS score reports by March 9. Please note that even after your interview is completed, your status will remain "Invite to Interview" until a final decision has been made.

After your interview is completed, the Committee will again read your application along with your interview feedback in order to make a final decision.

On March 25, the Final Decision date, we'll be ready to release final decisions at 9:00 am. Look for the last email asking you to check your status online.

The Admissions team is here to address your questions and concerns. Feel free to reach us at 773.702.7369 or admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu. Good Luck!

Warm regards,

Rosemaria Martinelli

I have not received anything like this. Just an email saying that they have received it and then another one saying it moved to Complete...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
Hi!
where are people addressing the "Why GSB" question , or how will you contribute to Booth question. Essay 2 doesn't fit and in the powerpoint how can you address that unless you spell it out in sentences? Is just talking abt in short in essay 1 sufficient?
any advise is appreciated!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Wolfie wrote:
Thanks, Latammc!

Warm regards,

Rosemaria Martinelli

Wolfie, I have just received an email similar to the one you just posted...According to it, Invitations will go from Mon 26th through Nov 11...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Stanford R1, Wharton R1 w/int, Chicago R1, HBS R2
Send PM
@ Aditi: I'd say the answer to Why Booth? should go in essay 1. The question asks "what about the Chicago Booth mba makes you feel ..." That seems like an invitation to talk about why Booth. Obviously you've got to fit a lot into essay 1, but I think I included a couple paragraphs on why Booth.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Stanford R1, Wharton R1 w/int, Chicago R1, HBS R2
Send PM
Funny, I was just reading this and then got an email from Booth describing basically exactly what Wolfie was talking about. Here's the key dates... I guess we can all relax for another week :wink: :

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Monday, October 26th and will continue this process through Wednesday, November 11th. Look for an email that asks you to check your status via the Online Application System. If your status reads Invite to Interview, the Admissions Committee believes an interview will help us further evaluate your admission credentials. We will provide detailed instructions on scheduling your interview.

If you do not receive an invitation to be interviewed by the mid-decision date (November 11), you will receive your final decision on that date.
From November 11 to December 16:

As soon as you have been invited to interview, you will need to schedule and complete your Admissions interview. All Interviews must be completed by November 30.

On December 16th, the Final Decision date (revised from December 22nd), we'll be ready to release final decisions at 9:00 am. Look for the last email asking you to check your status online.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Adcoms from different schools are playing with my heart...I received 2 different emails from Chicago adcom today, one was the one with the dates, the other was a survey of an event I attended a month ago...Also received another email from Kellogg....

I will definitely not make it past my 30s this way!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
My second LOR was submitted last night... need to remain calm and realize that it is very unlikely I get an invite next week, even as the inevitable stream of invites start getting reported here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
boogs wrote:
My second LOR was submitted last night... need to remain calm and realize that it is very unlikely I get an invite next week, even as the inevitable stream of invites start getting reported here.

Yes. Very true :)

I received the Round one information mail yesterday. Looks like the mail is sent on confirmation of the payment.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
afan wrote:
boogs wrote:

Yes. Very true :)

I received the Round one information mail yesterday. Looks like the mail is sent on confirmation of the payment.

Afan, the information email was sent yesterday and I believe has nothing to do with payment confirmation...in fact when payment is received and processed they send you an email saying that your app has moved from received to complete
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Is anybody else finding the system to check your status to be currently down? I guess I could relax, I checked yesterday and all it said was Complete. Does anyone know what % of applicants Booth interviews? Where did we select On Campus or Off Campus interviews or is that something you do after you've been notified?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth (Admit), Columbia (Admit), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
hey acnguy - i also work at acn. good stuff. the log-in page was working for me b/c i just checked and my status went complete. i dont think interview location is determined until you are invited to interview, so hopefully on monday!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
snakesonplanes wrote:
hey acnguy - i also work at acn. good stuff. the log-in page was working for me b/c i just checked and my status went complete. i dont think interview location is determined until you are invited to interview, so hopefully on monday!

Nice, what office are you based out of? SI or MC? How long have you been with ACN?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Wharton (R1) Kellogg (R1) Booth (R1)
 Q51  V43
Send PM
I got the "your application is complete" email from Booth earlier today. Submitted my app in the last hour before deadline and my second reco came in on the Saturday after the deadline.

Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Application went to received now that both recs are in.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Mgmt, International MBA
Schools:IIMC, ISB, Booth, MIT, Emory
 Q50  V41
Send PM
I recieved the information email 3 days back, but I had made the payment on 8th Oct itself, submitted the app on 10th. I dont think it has anything to do with payment processing. Probably just a regular email batch that they started sending based on when you submitted your app.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts