Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  105   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton, INSEAD
 Q49  V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Chicago Booth (Admit), Columbia (Admit), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: GM, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Icarus wrote:
Question for those R-1 applicants whose application status has been changed to ""Complete for R-1". When did you submit your application?. I submitted mine on the 29th and my application status is still "Received". Just trying to figure out what is going on.

I submitted my app on the 26th, but the 2nd letter of rec didn't get submitted until the 28th. Mine shows Complete for R1....Not sure why yours wouldn't show complete, especially because you got it in before the 1st.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Icarus wrote:
Question for those R-1 applicants whose application status has been changed to ""Complete for R-1". When did you submit your application?. I submitted mine on the 29th and my application status is still "Received". Just trying to figure out what is going on.

They stated in the email that some apps might take up to 2 weeks to get processed. Maybe there was something missing in the app... You can just wait until it should be processed and then send an email to the adcom. Other option is to post your doubt in the S2S forum on the Wharton's site and somebody will be able to explain it to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Product Management
Schools:Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Icarus wrote:

I submitted on the 29 th and mine says received as well...I would just wait and send them an email if it doesn't turn complete by oct 29 th

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Updated the front page after adding new r1 names and moving few r1 to r2 names. If anyone is missing their names on the list or are in the wrong round let me know so I can fix it. Been real busy with other apps that I did not track this thread. Now I should be back with my r2 app for Wharton.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: MC, Entrepreneurship, GM
Schools:Tuck class of 2012
 Q50  V42
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Send PM
I am applying for R2!

Good luck everyone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
gmatbschool wrote:
xerox wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:
Can someone give me an example of "complex problem"?
Example:
Once upon a time in Manhattan, you were working for a respectable guru of wealth management Mr. Madoff. One afternoon, he entrusted you the task of delivering some documents from the HQ to the corporate lawyers at Baker and McKensie LLC. You took the case with a bunch of extremely sensitive confidential corporate information with you, and left the building. As you were crossing the sreet, a female dressed in a black leather bike attire on a super fast Ducatti bike grabbed the case right from your hands as she was passing by you and sped away. It all happened so fast that your bodyguards and accompanying security guys did not have time to react. You set to solve the crysis! A week later Mr. Madoff turned himself in.

lol ok. but isn't that an ethical dilemma?

i have a story for this question but im concerned that i will be focusing on team + people dynamics part of the equation. The actual problem itself wasn't that hard.
Do you think that could work?

It could definitely work, but it could also fail depending on what picture you are trying to paint about yourself.

It is important to have an application strategy. Here is a simple framework:
1. define your goals pertaining the application. Simply put, you should decide a) what good stuff to highlight (a detailed list of such things should be on your wall now) and b) what bad stuff to mitigate (another very detailed list) or explain why it is not as bad as it looks.
2. which parts/components of the application will help you do 1a) and 1b).
3. most efficient ways of using each of the components in 2.

A very good analogy to application is often used by one of the MIT's admission's people - a mosaic or a jigsaw puzzle where all pieces together are part of the big picture. Every piece by itself may be beautiful, yet they may not look good in combination, and the other way around.

Paul Bodine also refers to the same approach in his book, only he defines them a bit differently, but the underlying concept is the same: choose several things/areas that make you unique and package them in a way that highlights their beauty and strength so that your weaknesses look natural and not overpowering.

So you and only you can decide whether a story or an essay that kills two, four or ten birds with one stone is really the best tactical approach to achieve the goals in YOUR application strategy.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
How were interview invites done previously? Do they send a few out each day, or send most out upfront and send out the others later?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Wow...this thread is lively....

Hopefully people are getting invites tomorrow. 5pm is when first invites go out?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Source of information?

I didnt hear any dates announced for Wharton invites?

eteusch1 wrote:

Hopefully people are getting invites tomorrow. 5pm is when first invites go out?
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
Source of information?

eteusch1 wrote:

https://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/blo ... cants.aspx
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
thanks ... so that means that if you dont have an invite by Nov 12 ... no dice.

Easy to comprehend

latammc wrote:
sm332 wrote:
Source of information?

eteusch1 wrote:

https://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/blo ... cants.aspx
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
I re-read my essays for Wharton, against all better judgment, and realized how hopeless they all are!! Especially the first one. I think I had a good flow and then butchered it while editing a few hours before submission...

Very depressing but at least now I will not even be hoping for something in the mail..,

Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Yep...same as Chicago
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Yeah, same here. I'm definitely screwed. lol.

gmatbschool wrote:
I re-read my essays for Wharton, against all better judgment, and realized how hopeless they all are!! Especially the first one. I think I had a good flow and then butchered it while editing a few hours before submission...

Very depressing but at least now I will not even be hoping for something in the mail..,

Current Student
Send PM
I have convinced myself not to go back to look at any of my old essays till I decide to start on R2 apps.

:roll:

bigfernhead wrote:
Yeah, same here. I'm definitely screwed. lol.

gmatbschool wrote:

Intern
Intern
Concentration: GM, Strategy
Send PM
eteusch1 wrote:

I hope that they stick to it this time around. Last year they had said that the invitations would start going out on Oct 23rd but the invites only started trickling out around Oct 28th.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Icarus wrote:
eteusch1 wrote:

I hope that they stick to it this time around. Last year they had said that the invitations would start going out on Oct 23rd but the invites only started trickling out around Oct 28th.

So exactly the opposite of what Harvard did.... :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts