Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [1]
Given Kudos: 334
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3825 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Tests Feedback Thread [#permalink]
Like the Maths tests here.....sets you thinking in different directions though really sweat you out!
Just had a suggestion: Is it possible to include the difficulty level of the questions while reviewing the test at the end (difficulty level vis -a-vis GMAT questions 1-10 scale) This would really help judge where the person is in terms of 500/600/700 level.........
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatprep09 wrote:
Like the Maths tests here.....sets you thinking in different directions though really sweat you out!
Just had a suggestion: Is it possible to include the difficulty level of the questions while reviewing the test at the end (difficulty level vis -a-vis GMAT questions 1-10 scale) This would really help judge where the person is in terms of 500/600/700 level.........

Thank you - this a great suggestion. Most questions are 700+ level though (with some fillers to throw you off guard), so there would be mostly just a few categories. A better option would be to see which questions were answered wrong by most people - I will research if this is possible and if it can be done soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What is the reason for questions with decimals (i.e. answers with 8.92 as in M06#17). I have seen a lot of those in the tests.

I don't think the GMAT is about fast calculations, is this done on purpose?

Thanks

:?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Greenberg wrote:
What is the reason for questions with decimals (i.e. answers with 8.92 as in M06#17). I have seen a lot of those in the tests.

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback! Mostly - Yes though some are plain painful designed to bog you down.
See this post for the answer why: what-arithmetic-should-i-memorize-80128.html

Also, please check your reference - M6#17 is

If \(\sqrt{(3 + \sqrt{x - 1})} = 4\) , what is the value of \(x\) ?

(C) 2008 GMAT Club - m06#17

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Hi bb,

Could you please redirect me to the forum, where I can point out the typos in the GMAT club tests.

m06#32
On a coordinate graph, a circle is centered at the point 3,3. IF the radius of the circle is sqrt(6), and there is a square ABCD inscribed into the circle cutting it into 5 regions, what is the area of the arch CD?

What the explanation gives is the answer for "segment CD" and not "arch CD". I think "arch" should be replaced with "segment".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
while the test questions are awesome, the explanations for answer can be bit more detailed with concepts used, strategy to solve the problem like pick numbers or use formulas etc....

also i could see only 6 verbal test , are you planning to add more.
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
We are continuously working on explanations improvement. The verbal questions are harder to develop so we are looking for a good verbal questions writer. There will be no new Verbal sets released in the nearest future. I hope you benefited from practicing with the GMAT Club Tests :).
ISBtarget wrote:
while the test questions are awesome, the explanations for answer can be bit more detailed with concepts used, strategy to solve the problem like pick numbers or use formulas etc....

also i could see only 6 verbal test , are you planning to add more.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1610 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
How well are the explanations for the combinatorics and permutations for the math tests?
CIO
CIO
The explanations are good, but I'm not the one to judge. Anybody?
burnttwinky wrote:
How well are the explanations for the combinatorics and permutations for the math tests?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is it easy to follow, and what I'm wondering is if, once you read the explanation, do you feel that you can apply the same concept to other problems and not just the one at hand? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I thought the answer to question 24 of m09 test is C not E. Am I missing something here.

AFAIK the mean of consecutive odd numbers should be same no matter how big or how small the number are, they are always 5.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Greenberg wrote:

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback! Mostly - Yes though some are plain painful designed to bog you down.
See this post for the answer why: what-arithmetic-should-i-memorize-80128.html

Also, please check your reference - M6#17 is

If \(\sqrt{(3 + \sqrt{x - 1})} = 4\) , what is the value of \(x\) ?

(C) 2008 GMAT Club - m06#17

Isn't the answer to this D?
CIO
CIO
Hi,

Welcome to GMAT Club and congratulations on your first post!

The correct answer for m09-24 is E. You're wrong about the mean of consecutive odd integers being 5 all the time. As you might know, the mean is found by summing up all numbers and dividing by the number of elements in a set. So, the mean for set (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) will equal \(\frac{1+3+5+7+9}{5}=5\). However, for set (5, 7, 9, 11, 13) the mean will equal \(\frac{5+7+9+11+13}{5}=9\). I hope it helps.

In future, before posting another question in this forum, please read this post of mine:
please-read-this-before-posting-71350.html

If you can't find the discussions you need using the methods outlined in the post above, feel free to start a new topic in this forum.

Thank you for cooperation :).
sophanu wrote:
I thought the answer to question 24 of m09 test is C not E. Am I missing something here.

AFAIK the mean of consecutive odd numbers should be same no matter how big or how small the number are, they are always 5.
CIO
CIO
burnttwinky wrote:
Isn't the answer to this D?

Yes it is :).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just making sure. I thought I saw C, which wouldnt make any sense. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,
If the questions are hard ones I would like to know more about other's answers.
I don't know if the software's design is like the real one. Because in some case I've seen the clock and the number of question going backward or upward.
Something interesting would be statistic about how many % PS and DS were right.

Another subject: i got 50% right and was in the 6% percentil... I'm a little worried. How was your score?
CIO
CIO
Our Tests are not adaptive, but you get the same questions if you take the same Test set. So the software design is not identical to the one used by GMAC :).

Don't get frustrated because of the percentile values. In this case, it only means that other people did better than you on that test. Do your best to analyze your weak areas and work to improve them. Don't give too much attention to the percentile scores.
Nesa wrote:
Hi,
If the questions are hard ones I would like to know more about other's answers.
I don't know if the software's design is like the real one. Because in some case I've seen the clock and the number of question going backward or upward.
Something interesting would be statistic about how many % PS and DS were right.

Another subject: i got 50% right and was in the 6% percentil... I'm a little worried. How was your score?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Math Expert
92883 posts