Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
oh.. my 2nd question: how do u rank my chances.. (typing too fast )
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Part time, Professional, Weekend and executive programs [#permalink]
Expert Reply
wanman777 wrote:
Hello,

I m planning to enroll in fa part time program starting fall-2005. Just took gmat last week w/ 680 ( q47, v37). I've been working full time for 12 yrs. unfortunately, I don't have a lot of leadership role in my job. Thinking Bekerley, UCLA, UT-Austin.

I was trying to do more research on how my chances are. However, most of the resources out there such as business week, wsj or usnews cover mostly the full time programs . it seems those part time/ weekend programs have a different set of criteria in terms of selecting their students.

Hope u guys can give me some insights!

Thx

You have a competitive profile for the part-time programs you list, especially UT. WHile BW doesn't rank part-time programs, it does provide information on them at https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/03/part_time.htm .

One thing you should really check, especially if you want to make a career change: Ask if participants in the part-time program have access to the career center and if there are any limitations on that access for part-timers.

Regarding your INdiana option, I would ask how graduates of this program are doing in the job market. Obviously, once you are out, if your degree says MBA from Indiana U, it is the same as the regular program, but you still want to know what kind of placement assistance you will receive. Ask specifically about opportunities for career changers.

Good luck!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Linda makes some great points about PT programs and access to career services as well as the success of Indiana's online graduates.

I have considerable respect for Indiana's campus MBA program but I am less sure about the concept of online MBA programs. I would still pose the same question regarding Indiana's online program - are the courses interchangeable? Can students in one program take courses in the other? If they lead to the same degree it would make sense that one could do this. If not, I would want to know why. Even if the diploma from the online program is identical to the campus diploma, prospective employers can always ask about how/where you took your courses. To be fair, online programs might make excellent opportunities for some students and I welcome contrasting points of view.

I would rank the probability of admission Rice, Texas, and UCB/UCLA.

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
BTW, Linda, I bought one of your ebooks from accepted.com. Pretty good stuff.

I am thinking my chances to UT or rice should be reasonably high. Haas and Andersen r on the slim side.

Now, I need to decide should I rush for the Haas's 1st round deadline which is a week away or wait & try my best effort for 2nd round - Mar 1st

any advice? thx in adv.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would prefer to wait rather than rush to complete the app in a week.

Hjort
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]