Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:01 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management and Consulting
Schools:Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
adude wrote:
Got an invite today (R1). For anyone whose application went under review in the last two weeks - the interview invitations are finally starting to come out.

I too received an invite today (R1). Did not see the email until after the admissions office had already closed for the day though... I will call first thing in the morning. I'd love to do an on-campus interview, but I'm afraid the logistics might make it tough, as I am in California. Has anyone done an alumni-interview on the west coast?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 231 [0]
Send PM
Finished my interview with an adcom on monday. Blind interview.
It's not as conversational as my other interviews (at least not until she's done w/ her questions and it was my turn to ask questions) because she was concentrating to take a lot of notes and her response was minimal.

Maybe Monday is a bad day to do an interview.
*Just kidding... I don't want to put a cloud in case there's people here with an upcoming monday interview*

questions that I could recall:
1. Why mba? goals? Why Johnson?
2. tell me about your work.
3. Difficult situation at work.
4. weakness?
5. how do you sell yourself to your post MBA employer? (I was a little bit surprised by this)
6. other schools that you applied? How would you choose between them if you were admitted? (woaa..another unexpected. Man, I wish I could choose).
7. what would your peer say about you?

Paranoid or not, I didn't feel too good after the interview. I hope that's just my pessimists devil speaking.

Visited Ithaca, did class visit, walked around campus, conversed w/ students.
It's cold and it's a small town, but the students here are very friendly and nice...I think a lot of people would enjoy their 2 years there.

random note:
I noticed a lot of class visitors spotting business dress code even though they were not interviewing. Seems weird because most class-visitors were casual when I did the west coast schools.

Alright, back to waitingg...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
thanks cul3s for posting the first on-campus interview debrief that i've seen! minimal responses don't necessarily have any negative connotations so i wouldn't worry too much. besides, now you get to just kick back and enjoy the holidays.

just out of curiosity, did you stay at the statler? what class did you visit and was it mostly lecture, class discussion, case presentations?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, does anyone know how long it generally takes for an application to go from "Submitted" to "Complete" and "Under Review" (assuming all required docs are in)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General
Schools:Cornell (R1),
 Q49  V46
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: E-Payments (3 years)
WE 2: Semiconductors (3 years)
WE 3: Aerospace & Defense (2 years)
Send PM
Cul3s - I felt the same way after mine... I just have resigned myself to being bad at being able to "read" interviews.

I'm sure you did fine.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V46
Send PM
Skye10 - when I went. I stayed at the Statler. I'd recommend ponying up a bit for the Statler just for the convenience. One less thing for you to worry about as you're trying to prep for your interview/find stuff out etc. And since it is literally RIGHT ACROSS from Sayge hall...

I attended 1 class - 1st year strategy. The prof was very energetic. They went over a case during the class. From what I could tell, they did cases semi-regularly (but not every time...). I found that not having the case did not help my comprehension.

The thing I found striking is that the prof always challenged the students to give sharper answers... I think there was only 1 student she did not challenge/follow up, and this student gave an extremely well thought out answer... She actually made a point during the class that she wasn't picking on people, but she was trying to help everyone sharpen their answers. (I found out from a student afterwards that she would say that from time to time).
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V46
Send PM
Dhanur - it depends really when they get to your app.

Apparently, they have 3 "account" managers split by last name A-H, I-O, P-Z. (or something like that). Mine was near the front of one of the 3 buckets in the alphabet. One of the account managers I talked to said that she was trying to mix it up (so like do a's, than h's, etc.). But, basically it really is random, with a slight bias towards being the front of a given bucket.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
Was the strategy class by Prof.Scheneider?

If so, I attended the same class and I found the students really energetic and enthusiastic during discussions....

xpiano1978 wrote:
Skye10 - when I went. I stayed at the Statler. I'd recommend ponying up a bit for the Statler just for the convenience. One less thing for you to worry about as you're trying to prep for your interview/find stuff out etc. And since it is literally RIGHT ACROSS from Sayge hall...

I attended 1 class - 1st year strategy. The prof was very energetic. They went over a case during the class. From what I could tell, they did cases semi-regularly (but not every time...). I found that not having the case did not help my comprehension.

The thing I found striking is that the prof always challenged the students to give sharper answers... I think there was only 1 student she did not challenge/follow up, and this student gave an extremely well thought out answer... She actually made a point during the class that she wasn't picking on people, but she was trying to help everyone sharpen their answers. (I found out from a student afterwards that she would say that from time to time).
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V46
Send PM
No - the one I attended was a female indian professor. I forget her name...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for the guys who's application is currently 'under review'

what does your "Application Status" show?

Mine went under review on the 4th of November and it shows completed on the 4th too... i'm guessing that means ding'ed?... sigh
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
Come on you are too negative :)

Cornell will review your application twice (by 2 different peole) and believe me that does not get done in one day. Don't worry your chance will be better than mine (look at my GMAT scores to the left lol)

lulala wrote:

Mine went under review on the 4th of November and it shows completed on the 4th too... i'm guessing that means ding'ed?... sigh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 231 [0]
Send PM
SKye - I stayed at Best Western. It's only 5 mins away from campus. They provided all the transport too (from/to airport, from/to sage hall), and I'm guessing they're cheaper than statler (I pricelined it too). Ok, I sounded like their marketing guy lol.

Attended strategy class. Was a little sleepy at first because I don't know what are the prior readings, but soon I got excited again when they were discussing a fresh problem, and broke into small groups discussion.
So it was a mix of lecture, case, and discussion. Pretty standard.
Current Student
Send PM
I received an email from Cornell today asking me to reconsider applying for the Park Leadership Fellows program. The email said that they encourage all U.S. citizens to apply. Did anybody else receive that email? Does anybody know if it will it be held against me if I don't apply to the program and submit the prerequisite essay (I'm already a marginal applicant as is)?

Any help would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V41
Send PM
lulala wrote:

I submitted the package on Oct 2..., and the status was not changed until Nov 4 :( ...after i wrote twice to ask. ..and now, my status was still "Under review"....

Sigh...i love cornell.....but..kind of disappointed...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
 Q50  V34
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I need a urgent inputs, please help me out

I received an invitation to schedule interview, In email it is mentioned that I have to schedule on campus interview but I am located in India. Please guide me whether this happened with me only or it usually happens with International applicants and how to deal with it.

Please let me know the specific examples
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Reeve015 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I received an invitation to schedule interview, In email it is mentioned that I have to schedule on campus interview but I am located in India. Please guide me whether this happened with me only or it usually happens with International applicants and how to deal with it.

Thanks

Hey congrats man!!!

Can you please share your profile with us also the dates of submission and when the app went under review
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
 Q50  V34
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
achintmba09 wrote:
Reeve015 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hey congrats man!!!

Can you please share your profile with us also the dates of submission and when the app went under review

IT Indian male - 6 years WE by August 2010

GMAT 700 - V34 Q 50

was in US for 3 years. Currently working with teams in Uruguay, Argentina, India, US, UK and Mexico

Career Progression - Current role I received with 5 years exp as compare to industry standard of 8-10 years
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  72