Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
 Q50  V34
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Skye10 wrote:
i'm going all out on my johnson visit and will stay at the stat as well. the strategy class seems like the way to go as i believe the only other two options right now are statistics and managerial finance.

wow, that's interesting elvis...i didn't receive an email about Park and i didn't apply for it.

you're in hawaii n going for a campus visit....long ways...impressive! hopefully it helps you out...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General
Schools:Cornell (R1),
 Q49  V46
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: E-Payments (3 years)
WE 2: Semiconductors (3 years)
WE 3: Aerospace & Defense (2 years)
Send PM
BTW, for those staying at the Statler (or even elsewhere). If you need advice on good eats, talk to either Michael Corbett from the admissions office and/or the Concierge. I got there in the early afternoon, and I swung by the office, and Mr. Corbett gave me a "life in ithaca" pamphlet with a list of restaurants, and a few recommendations. I then (like 3 hours later) went to the Concierge at the Statler, and he had some recommendations nearby (some in Collegetown, some elsewhere).

I ended up eating at Hai Hong in Collegetown (pretty good (authentic) Chinese food). I figure if I'm going to spend some time in a place, they better have good chinese food. (The place passed muster). It was a short walk, I got to see some of the campus, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jzd - thx for breathing a wave of positive energy to my day :)

I guess the interview invites are still rolling out ... slowly...

keeping my fingers crossed for all who are still waiting for the invite!
Current Student
Send PM
Folks,

My package went under review on 16(or 19) Oct 2009.

Until now, I haven't received an interview invitation.

How should I interpret this?
Current Student
Schools:Cornell '12
Send PM
Had my Johnson interview this week.

Overall: feeling okay about it, not great. My answers could have been sharper, and my interviewer (2nd year student) would move on to another question before I was finished answering the original question.

Same questions asked as others (why MBA? why Johnson? talk about work experience, leadership, team work? what other schools applying to, what is a weakness in your application, etc). Overall, a very friendly experience, but I really don't remember much of what I said!

3 to 4 other students were interviewing there as well, and then there was a large group of R2/R3 applicants visiting the school. I didn't have the chance to sit in on a core class b/c the first year students were working on a case exercise. But, the second year students I met were friendly, informative, and seemed to really enjoy their time at Johnson.

Now to wait... Dec 17th can't come soon enough!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General
Schools:Cornell (R1),
 Q49  V46
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: E-Payments (3 years)
WE 2: Semiconductors (3 years)
WE 3: Aerospace & Defense (2 years)
Send PM
hjf6 - I felt the same way. They target half an hour, and they try to cram all the questions in that half hour. And since I know it's half an hour, I feel like I couldn't go as in depth as I would've liked...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi all...just wanted to know something...are interviews conducted by 2nd yr students only or by admission committee members also? is it roll of the dice....whoever u get kinda thing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V47
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Have any R2 folks received an interview invite yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
I was told by Cornell that they are still looking at round1 files now so it does not look like they will get to round2 files for a while

quantumquark wrote:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
jzd wrote:
I was told by Cornell that they are still looking at round1 files now so it does not look like they will get to round2 files for a while

quantumquark wrote:

thanks Jzd for sharing this info. there are few round 1 applicants like me whose appls are still under-review for quite some time now. good to hear that they are still working on r1 applications.
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU, Cornell
 Q48  V42
Send PM
By the way, if anyone is a vegetarian on here (or even if you're not), I ate at a wonderful restaurant called the Moosewood while I was in Ithaca for my visit. They are known for their mostly vegetarian menu. But it would still be very enjoyable for non-vegetarians as well. Also, I went to Wegman's, the grocery store. I had never been to a Wegman's before, and I couldn't believe it. It was THE place to be on Friday night in Ithaca, ha ha! Huge food court with pretty good food--pizza, sushi, vegetarian buffet, etc.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Hi

Can anybody please let me know what should i wear for Interview, will it be suite, if yes then what type, 2 button?
which color? etc

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Reeve015 wrote:
Hi

Can anybody please let me know what should i wear for Interview, will it be suite, if yes then what type, 2 button?
which color? etc

Thanks

Without a doubt, you need dress in a professional business attire (suit), preferably two button "classic" look. The colors should be blue, black, or charcoal grey. I recommend you get a high quality CONSERVATIVE suit that costs $500+. Make sure your suit is a good fit (not too large).

If you don't already own one of these, you should for job interviews.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
I agree with all these tips but I believe anything in the range of 200-300 dollars should be fine, like the ones you get at Mens Wearhouse. You can get very good suits in the range of 250 dollars. And black or shades of black, charcoal would be fine. Basically formals. And dont forget a nice tie.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Ari123 wrote:
I agree with all these tips but I believe anything in the range of 200-300 dollars should be fine, like the ones you get at Mens Wearhouse. You can get very good suits in the range of 250 dollars. And black or shades of black, charcoal would be fine. Basically formals. And dont forget a nice tie.

Thanks JinJJa and Ari123
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ari123 wrote:

This topic raises the question of what is purpose of the professional interview attire?

I had a similar debate about price and quality of professional suit with a colleague a few months ago.

In my humble opinion, the purpose of the interview suit is to enable you to LOOK like the person who would be a good fit for a role. Cornell Johnson is a high end MBA with its graduates making a median of $110K/yr. For the purpose of a Cornell Johnson interview, you want to LOOK like a high end MBA candidate who is ready to step into a $110K+ career.

You don't want to meet an interviewer LOOKING like a $45K-$70K/yr grunt, even if that is what you are right now. In other words, it is important to LOOK the part of the role you are interviewing for.

Certainly, a $250 suit itself will not deny you a job or an offer for an admission. But a nice high quality AND well fitting classic suit may enhance your chances. Most of us can't tell the difference between a $250 and $700 suit, but the experienced recruiters and Adcoms probably can.

Remember, you are going to an interview looking and talking your best. Every little detail helps. If you can afford it, get the nice suit (you will need one for job interviews anyhow).

Good luck in your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied in R1 and had an alumni interview last week. Do you guys have any idea approx. when I'll be hearing back from school? The wait is killing me
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  72