Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: BBA, Finance
 Q39  V21 GMAT 2: 640  Q45  V33
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink]
bigoyal wrote:
timetrader wrote:
GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall
1.Go to C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\Exams
2.Within the Exams folder, you should see a Practice Test 1.log and a Practice Test 2.log
3.Delete or I'd say move to other location both logs*
4.Relaunch the GMAT Prep software, and it should show you that both practice exams are now Not Attempted, and you can take them again.

For those using Windows Vista
I just discovered that GMATPrep creates a folder and log file at following location:

C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GMATPrep\exams

{user_name} will vary from system to system. Otherwise, you can directly open your user folder from desktop and navigate to \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GMATPrep\exams

*Make sure you have hidden files visible

Very good advice for Vista users. Thank you. I use Vista as well. However, there is no info about GPrep in the \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files folder. Instead, I found the info directly in the program folder on disk C.

C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\exams

If someone has similar problem, try this path.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 639 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Club,

I've been having a problem with the GMATPrep application lately. I've installed it several times, erased the logs from my computer's memory, and chosen to start new tests but for the past week it has kept my previous 2 attempts and not allowed me to re-try the tests. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
SW
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 639 [0]
Send PM
In other words, it won't let me fully complete the exams - it just says they are unfinished no matter what I do. I've done them several times each and never experienced this problem before.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I just started using the GMAT Prep old version and I noticed the essay topics are the same.

Is that right? Or have I messed up the installation folders, which I don't think it's unlikely.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Great. I am skeptical using anything that is not OFFICIAL....my instructor told me to stick to the official guide.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Hi - I have test scheduled in next few days. I wish to re take the GMAT prep tests 1 and 2.

Do I need to go to mba.com and download the gmatprep software again or even with the current version of download i can chnage the setting so that I can get new questions. I wish to avoid the repeat questions as much as possible. I will really appreciate the quick help on this as I have test in few days.

In my first attempt for 2 tests I did okish. I just wish to make sure that I am familiar with look, feel and diffculty of general GMAT questions.

- Dolly
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
I tried this by deleting log files. It did not work. I just want to make sure that I need not to download the software from mba.com, right?

Then, as per post from BB i tried deleting the .dat (data files). Then on launching GMAT prep software, it start giving me error message and did not let me in.

Please advise..

- Dolly
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
dolly12 wrote:
I tried this by deleting log files. It did not work. I just want to make sure that I need not to download the software from mba.com, right?

Then, as per post from BB i tried deleting the .dat (data files). Then on launching GMAT prep software, it start giving me error message and did not let me in.

Please advise..

- Dolly

I'm afraid if by any chance you deleted wrong files. Anyway, you can always uninstall and reinstall the software.

In my case I used to reset the test simply by using the reset feature. GMATPrep tests always gives a prompt if someone wants to restart the test or want to continue with the previous test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hello,
Does anyone knows the mechanism to check the questions and their corresponding explanations after attempting the test?

There must be a database. In case it is not stored in encrypted form, the entire question database much be readable.

Any pointers??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
tarun wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone knows the mechanism to check the questions and their corresponding explanations after attempting the test?

There must be a database. In case it is not stored in encrypted form, the entire question database much be readable.

Any pointers??

You have a great point. I would like to find out the answer to your question as well.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
wilbase wrote:
tarun wrote:
Hello,

Any pointers??

You have a great point. I would like to find out the answer to your question as well.

If you get an access to the entire question database, I think you should not post it on public forums else probably GMAC would call the act as "hacking" and "unethical" :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
please help me .. is there any way to run GMATprep software on vista 64 bit machine.. It is not working
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
amritkr wrote:
please help me .. is there any way to run GMATprep software on vista 64 bit machine.. It is not working

Have you tried doing it in compatibility mode? (set compatibility to Windows XP 32 bit or smth like that?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

I see that some Mac users are finding Wine and Crossover a bit complicated to set up. I just found out about WineBottler and thought it was really easy to install GMATPrep, and it runs perfectly.

After installing Winebottler, you download GMATPrep and run the .exe file just as you would in Windows. Best of all, it's free :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Hi all,

For those who have taken both GMATPrep and the official GMAT test, do you find GMATPrep considerably easier than the official one?

I just completed the GMATPrep (version1 test1) yesterday as a pre-study test and I got 690. How would you discount the score on GMATPrep compare with the real one?

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
calvinhobbes wrote:
Hi all,

For those who have taken both GMATPrep and the official GMAT test, do you find GMATPrep considerably easier than the official one?

I just completed the GMATPrep (version1 test1) yesterday as a pre-study test and I got 690. How would you discount the score on GMATPrep compare with the real one?

Thanks!

https://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-estimate/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey guys,

I have 9 days to my exam and want to take GMAT PREP tests. But now I find this thread in which three different versions of GMAT PREP are uploaded (or linked). Please let me know whether these three applications have different question pool (or few repeated questions). Are they worthy to take all 6 exams completely?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13