Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy management
Schools:ESADE, IESE, HEC
 Q47  V31
GPA: 3.21
WE 1: ESADE
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PhD
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Management in Pharmaceuticals
Schools:LBS, ESADE
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
 Q47  V31
Send PM
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks andygee

I just joined that group. look forward to meeting you guys there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
to those of you who prefer esade over iese... what are your reasons?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
 Q47  V47
Send PM
closdubois wrote:
to those of you who prefer esade over iese... what are your reasons?

hi closdubois, my reasons are the following:

- i strongly prefer the flexible option of choosing 12/15/18 month programme lentghs based on my needs (iese is a fixed 21 months which is too long for me)
- i prefer having a variety in the teaching method rather than relying solely on the case method, which is what Iese do
- one of the key points about Esade for me is the small size and the friendly, humble approach of its people - have no indication that Iese has this
- i see absolutely no reason why I should pay an additional €15k at iese over esade. Iese, at €69k, is the most expensive programme in the whole of europe by a large margin - and I wonder what justifies that?

having said that, I am sure that it is a fantastic programme and probably the one with the highest reputation within Spain and internationally. It just doesn't feel like the programme for me.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
andygee wrote:
hi everyone and welcome to the threat

I just returned from a weekend in barcelona and the city is absolutely fantastic - I actually cannot wait to live there and enjoy the mediterranian feel with palms everywhere...

I quickly checked facebook and if you search for ESADE 2012 then the group for students starting in fall 2010 comes up... I just joined. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid ... 8671204..1

@ vgeri: it was great meeting you and your girlfriend... I am looking forward to studying with you :)

andygee - likewise! was a great couple of days - cant wait for next year! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vgeri wrote:

cesque, i spoke to a lot of current students, and a few alumni as well. everyone speaks very highly of the school, with the collaborative team work, close relationships, very diverse class/groups being the key returning themes in general. the students I've met were extremely nice - just genuinely friendly, intelligent people.

earlier today, i just spoke on the phone with an alum whose contact details were given to me by my admin officer. he was a graduate of '05, works in london in finance, obviously quite busy - still he was happy to take some time and talked to me for 15mins about the school, was really enthusiastic, and he said (without any prompt from me) that for him the key points about Esade were:
- people were modest and teamwork oriented
- class was extremely international
- liked the teaching methodology of not only cases but also theory/classes
- really liked that the programme was small, and he made many strong friendships
- overall had a fantastic experience

it sounded like a brochure or the website, but its quite genuine from someone graduated there four years ago and saying these things from memory - i was definitely sold :)

Thanks vgeri! This is really helpful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, how long does the entire admission process take? After how many days did you get your interview call?
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
Hey cesque

It takes about 2 weeks from the date of acknowledgement from ESADE of yr completed application that you receive the interview call...and 2 more weeks is the usual time for the decision to announced after yr interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks bajargyan!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for the scholarship information, I guess if you are lucky enough to get accepted and the loan for tuition is pretty much guaranteed, the scholarship decision isn't as critical.

If you are offered a place, how long do you have to accept it?

As well as Esade, I am applying to another school in a completely different part of the world and will likely be going there for a visit after the ESADE interview. Luckily, the other school has rolling admissions but it doesn't have any loan options for foreign students. If I was to go there, I would be pretty dependent on getting a scholarship, but would likely have to wait until April to find out if I get one. By that time the ESADE offer (if I get one) would be way gone. Hmm...decisions decisions!

My other choice is Melbourne, and while the school isn't as highly ranked as ESADE it does give great opportunities to work in Australia, placements and salaries seem to be very good (the Australian economy hasn't been hit nearly as hard as the US/Europe) and of course, the weather is very good down under :) This would be a good option for my partner because she could apply for a working holiday visa and basically be with me throughout the whole MBA.

Of course, ESADE has a much better international standing, I like the 'feel' of the school and it is in Barcelona which is closer to family and friends but my partner wouldn't be able to work there and in all likely hood would not be able to stay with me the whole time.

Sorry to take this thread somewhat off topic with my personal dilemmas, but this Europe vs Australia decision is taking up a lot of my thinking when I should be studying for the GMAT!

I'm sure that things will work out for the best, but I still have a lot of thinking (and studying!) to do :lol:

Edited to add- I'd previously mentioned Cranfield and Vlerick, and these are my 'backup' schools if I choose the European option.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
 Q47  V35
Send PM
hi..iam plannin to apply to esade...to anyone whoz gotten thru frm india...can u pllz lemme knw if TOEFEL is mandatory or not!!!!!! coz its not clearly mentnd n ter site...thnx in advance
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
Hello arvs212

I am an Indian though living out of india, I took the toefl just in case it is required for the VISA, but as far as i remember the ESADE application also requires toefl scores for non-native speakers.

If you need further clarifications please ask the admission team at ESADE, they are very helpful!

and good luck with your applications to ESADE
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
Hello Pepto

ESADE gave me about 20 days to make the decision and make the reservation deposit payment, although i never had to second guess it since it was my first choice.

earlier on this thread andygee mentioned that they are not willing to provide extensions to students this year due to record number of applications.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V35
Send PM
@bajargyan....thnx for the input..:)...i just mailed them regarding the same...also i have read all ur posts abt ESADE n m really looking frwd to applying ter..:P

lastly cngratulations n ur super admit...:)
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
hi Pepto,

the scholarship decision IS very important, and I wish I knew the answer before having to commit, but there is no choice unfortunately - seems to be the way with most European schools.

Regarding Melbourne - during my undergraduate studies, I happen to have spent 6 months on exchange at Melbourne Uni, the school which MBS belongs to. It is a fantastic institution and I had the best time there. MBS has a very strong reputation in the Asia Pacific region and will provide great opportunities there. However, it is less known in Europe or elsewhere worldwide - so I think it really depends where you plan to work afterwards! Otherwise I would certainly recommend the school - i believe it is also significantly cheaper than Esade?

However, as you say, you will have to make a decision about Esade without knowing your Melbourne admit/scholarship decisions, which can be tough. Good luck with your thinking...!
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Hi everyone, i had a doubt i have all my documents in place for courier:transcripts and lor's everything, but just now i downloaded their checklist document which states the payment cnfirmation receipt also.

Now iam in doubt, that should i wait to complete my application n only then send them the courier..>>the problm being i will be only able to finish by 10 th of dec...:(...so now dont knw hw to go ahead!!!

pllllz help...
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
hey arvs212

I think you should send all the documents you currently have by courier and you can send the Payment receipt by Fax/E-mail on a later date. I think that would suffice the University.

But as i am no expert in regards to the administration at ESADE, you should ask the adcom to make sure!

good luck!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PhD
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Management in Pharmaceuticals
Schools:LBS, ESADE
 Q45  V42
Send PM
The ESADE admin team is very flexible - I e-mailed them my confirmation of payment over and that was absolutely no problem.

However, always get in touch with the admin department and keep them up to date on what you are doing and where you are in the admin process.

:)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts