Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GRE 1: Q46 V37
GPA: 3.14
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
unhedged wrote:
This thread is so quiet. Anyone know how many more days until Admissions closes for Winter Break?

I agree, this thread is extremely quiet in comparison to other threads I'm watching, such as UNC. I submitted my app on 12/10 and am obviously still waiting. Anyone receive an interview invite yet?
Current Student
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Concentration: Finance/Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden Class of 2012
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Big 4 Accounting
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
This thread is so quiet. Anyone know how many more days until Admissions closes for Winter Break?

last year invites for SS were sent up until 12/23....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia
 Q49  V40
Send PM
tuck20xx wrote:
unhedged wrote:

8 more days of 'hope.' Law school finals will be over on the 17th and then the real agony sets in. I will actually have time to think about it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tuck20xx wrote:

What does "SS" mean?
Current Student
Send PM
drew031482 wrote:
tuck20xx wrote:

What does "SS" mean?

Super Saturday = Day for interviews
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Got an email from the admissions office talking about what's still ahead for R1 and R2 applicants. Sounds like R1 people will still keep hearing through January and R2 invites will start going out later that month. Plus their office will be closed from the 22nd to the 7th so wouldn't expect much movement then.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gregarious wrote:
Got an email from the admissions office talking about what's still ahead for R1 and R2 applicants. Sounds like R1 people will still keep hearing through January and R2 invites will start going out later that month. Plus their office will be closed from the 22nd to the 7th so wouldn't expect much movement then.

I just received the same e-mail I guess.

"We have been extending interview invitations to Round 1 applicants, and we will continue to send out Round 1 interview invitations on a rolling basis through most of January. Since we review applications within each round in random order, there is no significance to the date on which you may receive an interview invitation. Most Round 1 applicants from the United States will be invited to interview on campus during our "Super Saturday" event on January 16th . Applicants living outside the US will have the opportunity to interview with an alumni interviewer in their country of residence. Round 2 applicants will begin receiving interview invitations beginning in late January. Please note that interviews are by invitation only. The Round 3 application deadline is February 2, 2010."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
gregarious wrote:

Hmm... didn't get this email. Haven't gotten an invite either.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
drew031482 wrote:

I did NOT get any such email. Anyone else on the same boat?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
drew031482 wrote:
gregarious wrote:

"We have been extending interview invitations to Round 1 applicants, and we will continue to send out Round 1 interview invitations on a rolling basis through most of January. Since we review applications within each round in random order, there is no significance to the date on which you may receive an interview invitation. Most Round 1 applicants from the United States will be invited to interview on campus during our "Super Saturday" event on January 16th . Applicants living outside the US will have the opportunity to interview with an alumni interviewer in their country of residence. Round 2 applicants will begin receiving interview invitations beginning in late January. Please note that interviews are by invitation only. The Round 3 application deadline is February 2, 2010."

Just to be clear, I have NOT received an interview invite and I applied on Dec 10, the last day of round 2, though I just received this e-mail approx an hour ago.
Current Student
Send PM
Sounds like R2 applicants received the email maybe? I didn't get it either.

However, Haas updated their blog! First post since Feb 2007. Long time! Basically reiterates the same thing:

https://berkeleymba.blogspot.com/
Monday, December 14, 2009
Round 1 Interviews for Fall 2010
Interviews for the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program are by invitation only, and candidates are selected for interviews after at least two members of the Admissions Committee have reviewed the application. For Round 1, invitations began going out in mid-November, and will continue to be sent until close to the Round 1 response date.

If you applied in Round 1 and have not yet received an invitation to interview, please be patient--there are likely to be many more invitations in the next two weeks. There is no fixed quota of applicants who will be interviewed in each round--it is simply a function of which applicants the Admissions Committee feels are strongest. Additionally, all candidates who are offered a place on the waitlist will be offered an opportunity to interview as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
drew031482 wrote:
Just to be clear, I have NOT received an interview invite and I applied on Dec 10, the last day of round 2, though I just received this e-mail approx an hour ago.

Just curious if the other poster is also an R2 applicant. Anyway, I am not worrying over this much; just curious if the lack of emails signify anything special/bad.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I'm R1 applicant and I have not received this email either.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just received another e-mail (twice actually) that basically reiterates the previous, and it appears to be focused towards Rd 2 applicants because of the last paragraph?

"Over the next month, we will print out your online application, match it with your transcripts and other supplemental materials, and create a physical application file. We will then send you an e-mail to notify you that your application is either complete or incomplete; if your application is incomplete, we will indicate what is missing.

Please note that our Admissions Committee takes great pride in reading and evaluating applications for admission. Every application, regardless of GPA, GMAT, or number of years of work experience, is read by a minimum of two readers. In many instances, an application is read by three readers, and sometimes four. As a result, it will take some time before we begin to extend our interview invitations. Please be patient as you await word from us. We anticipate issuing our first Round Two interview invitations in late January, and we will continue to issue invitations through the month of February and into early March..."

Also, please note that you should not be discouraged if you do not receive an interview invitation by our Round Two notification deadline of March 17. Some Round Two applicants will be offered a place on the waitlist without having been interviewed; such waitlisted candidates are welcome to schedule an interview in late March.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Received the same email twice. I'm an R2 applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
albyman32 wrote:
Pook wrote:
testgmatdummy wrote:
Just wondering if anyone received more e-mail updates/invites from Haas ???

I just got this one:

Dear xxxxx,

We were very excited to receive your Round One application to the Berkeley MBA program. We know how much time and effort you put into the application, and we appreciate your strong interest in Berkeley.

Over the last month and a half, we have created your physical application file and matched it with transcripts and supplemental documents. By now you should have received an email indicating whether your file is complete or incomplete. If your file is complete, it is currently under review. If your file is incomplete, we emailed you indicating what was missing. If you have not already submitted the requested information, please work with our office to do so.

Our Admissions Committee takes great pride in reading and evaluating applications for admission. Every single application, regardless of GPA, GMAT, or number of years of work experience, is read by a minimum of two readers. In many instances, an application is read by three readers, and sometimes four. As a result, it does take some time before we extend our interview invitations. Please be patient as you await word from us.

Our first interview invitations have been made, and we will continue to extend interview invitations up until our Round One notification date of January 27, 2010. Please note that you should not be discouraged if you do not receive an interview invitation by our Round One notification date. Some Round One applicants will be offered a place on the waitlist without having been interviewed; these waitlisted candidates are welcome to schedule an interview in February.

Again, thank you for your strong interest in Berkeley. We look forward to reviewing your application!

Sincerely,

---The Berkeley MBA Admissions Team
Yeah I just got that one as well. Made me really excited for a second until I realized what it was.

I am an R2 applicant and I got this email already, within 2 days of submitting my app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stanford(R2), Haas(R1-WL), Kellog(R1 Accepted), MIT(R1-dinged), Ross(R1-WL but declined)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
aj1545 wrote:
Not a clue but I'm getting nervous. After hearing about the applicant that visited and was told that he got an interview but had not yet been sent, I wonder if the Admin office knows about more interviews that have yet to go out. I want to call!!!!!

On a serious note, how much weight do you peeps put on visiting the campus. I live in the South and was wanting to visit during the interview. Does visiting affect your application at all? Should I consider visiting without waiting for my interview invite?

-AJ

Just some thoughts, since I'm the applicant you mentioned. :wink:

I don't believe visiting after submitting your app and before your interview will affect your application.
If you had visited before submission you would have had a lot more bullets to write about in your essays, especially the "did you do your research on the program" one. But if you visit after that I am not sure if
anyone will even note that you had visited. If you visit for an on-cam interview, that will definitely be noted and documented somewhere, which will be seen and considered by decision makers.

Just some thoughts from a guy who got dinged last time so I wouldn't put too much weight on it.

oh, on a separate note, I got the invite email today, and also emailed my interviewer to schedule my interview.

cheers.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  62