Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sep 2010 Intake [#permalink]
apparently someone already got a call today from the BW forum...making me nervous a bit that the calls are coming out early and i haven't received one yet...

i woke up at 3 am last night (eastern time) and thought somehow in my slumber that it was already thursday morning and that the calls are supposed to be coming in. so i tossed around in my bed for a while and waited for the call...nothing happened and when i finally woke up fully for work, i realized it was only wednesday lol...oops.

guess i won't be sleeping much tonight.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:INSEAD (Attending Aug 2010), Oxford (Admitted), Cambridge (Admitted)
 Q46  V41
Send PM
I received a call a couple of hours ago with an offer! I'm in!! Now I have really tough choices to make -Oxbridge vs.Insead!!
Anyway, Good luck all!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
Salisaaa wrote:
I received a call a couple of hours ago with an offer! I'm in!! Now I have really tough choices to make -Oxbridge vs.Insead!!
Anyway, Good luck all!

I told you that you'd have a difficult decision! :wink:

Congrats!
Current Student
 Q44  V49
Send PM
Salisaaa wrote:
Anyway, Good luck all!

Congrats! Where are you located?

Seems like the calls are coming out in batches over on the BW forums. I'm beginning to sweat now since someone in North America already got the call...
Current Student
 Q44  V49
Send PM
my girlfriend just mentioned this offhand but i thought maybe it's relevant...what if the calls are going out in alphabetical order? my last name is near the end of the alphabet.

anyone that got calls with a last name that's in the second half of the alphabet?
Current Student
Send PM
Salisaaa wrote:
Anyway, Good luck all!

good news - this is a good problem to have!
Current Student
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
Franklin wrote:
sm332 wrote:
So my admin coordinator emails me saying that they dont have my original GMAT score report for my 2nd attempt. This is 2 days before decisions!! So I have asked Pearson Vue to do the needful. Not sure what to read into this ...? Are they intending on making an offer and just want to have a complete file since if they were going to ding/waitlist me this wouldnt be necessary?

Anyways -- seems strange that they would not have noticed this issue way earlier.

Hey sm332, I wouldn't read too much into it. However, the fact that your admin coordinator called you two days before the deadline for something that is kinda inconsequential (they have your official score for the first and unofficial score for the second?) to the decision is strange. I do think it may be a good sign because I don't believe if INSEAD intended to ding you would they even bother to call for an original score report.

Hang in there ... I have a good vibe about this!

I am not stressed at all to be frank .. will try and call Pearson Vue to see if they can expedite the score delivery since the coordinator indicated that the decision wouldnt be released till the file was complete.

Yes she has the official score for my first attempt and the unofficial score for attempt 2. Given that they both netted to the same overall score - I am not sure what the hangup is ... anyhow.

Anyways - my coordinator indicated that she should have access to the score in 2-3 days and would try to give me my decision on Friday if the GMAT score comes through. All of my interaction leads me to believe that the decision is already made and that this is just a file completion exercise. I am hopeful that they would only do this if they actually intended to make an offer. For them to ask for this last minute only to ding me would seem strange :roll:
Current Student
Send PM
sm332 wrote:

Anyways - my coordinator indicated that she should have access to the score in 2-3 days and would try to give me my decision on Friday if the GMAT score comes through. All of my interaction leads me to believe that the decision is already made and that this is just a file completion exercise. I am hopeful that they would only do this if they actually intended to make an offer. For them to ask for this last minute only to ding me would seem strange :roll:

I agree. Why would they bother if it was a ding? Good luck. I'll be pulling for ya!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD, Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V37
Send PM
An hour ago received a call. They probably start from the Eastern Europe. Good luck, guys!
Current Student
Send PM
kekc wrote:
An hour ago received a call. They probably start from the Eastern Europe. Good luck, guys!

Congratulations! Way to go!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Fuqua(R1 w/int), UNC(R1), Kellogg(R1), Darden(R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Dinged !

Just got the dreaded email. :(

Congrats to everyone who made it and besto to the others waiting for their fate.
Current Student
Send PM
vivekjon wrote:
Dinged !

Just got the dreaded email. :(

Congrats to everyone who made it and besto to the others waiting for their fate.

Sorry to hear that. Have you applied to other schools?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:INSEAD (Attending Aug 2010), Oxford (Admitted), Cambridge (Admitted)
 Q46  V41
Send PM
I'm in Asia. So I guess they started Asia, Europe then NA?

Btw, anyone else also admitted to both Oxbridge/INSEAD? And decided? I'm finding hard to make decisions here. (And yes, I know it's a good problem to have!) I want to go into entrepreneurship - have a love for Cambridge, Respect for INSEAD...and admiration for Oxford.... Any perspective from anyone in the same position welcomed. Or anyone accepted to INSEAD vs. other top choice school.

Cheers!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Salisaaa wrote:
I'm in Asia. So I guess they started Asia, Europe then NA?

Btw, anyone else also admitted to both Oxbridge/INSEAD? And decided? I'm finding hard to make decisions here. (And yes, I know it's a good problem to have!) I want to go into entrepreneurship - have a love for Cambridge, Respect for INSEAD...and admiration for Oxford.... Any perspective from anyone in the same position welcomed. Or anyone accepted to INSEAD vs. other top choice school.

Cheers!

Don't have the problem, but I think INSEAD is a good step or two above Oxford. I think in both Europe and Asia, INSEAD is probably the top school and has the best recognition. The only concern for me is that INSEAD is a 1Y program
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Fuqua(R1 w/int), UNC(R1), Kellogg(R1), Darden(R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
@ franklin :

yes i have..got waitlisted at Kellogg
dinged at wharton and insead.

interviewed with duke..
Current Student
Send PM
Got a call about 45 minutes ago ... INSEAD is a go :)
Current Student
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
Got a call about 45 minutes ago ... INSEAD is a go :)

I told you I had a good vibe about it. Just call me inspired! Haha! Congrats sm332!!!

I think I remember that you are Indian, right? I can't remember if you mentioned this but are you based in the U.S.?

May I ask what are your career goals post-MBA?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11