Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

In/Dinged/WL ? (For fall 2010 applicants only)

91% [32]
2% [1]
5% [2]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
I applied in round 1, 11/01
Interviewed 11/09
Accepted 12/21

I'm very excited about getting in! My campus visit to Indiana was incredible, IU became my top choice after my day in Bloomington.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ksjhawk wrote:
Interviewed 11/09
Accepted 12/21

I'm very excited about getting in! My campus visit to Indiana was incredible, IU became my top choice after my day in Bloomington.

Congratulations ksjhawk !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: International Finance - IB
Schools:Kelley, Moore, Krannert, Owen
Send PM
Congrats ksjhawk. I'm a current student at Kelley so feel free to post any questions you have or shoot me a PM. That goes for anyone else as well. BTW, I'm an MU fan but you'll find that KU is represented well at Kelley ... unfortunately :)
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Thanks for the congrats guys, now if only the Hoosiers can come back to their blue-blood basketball status with my Jayhawks. :-D
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
ksjhawk wrote:
Interviewed 11/09
Accepted 12/21

Hi ksjhawk, It's good to hear about your recent visit to the campus. First-time poster here, sent in an app. for the January 2010 deadline and got an interview invitation for the adcom's visit to Boston but decided I'd rather combine it with a campus visit at the same time.

Do you mind posting a bit about how the visit went? I haven't flown anywhere yet (this is one of the only schools outside of east coast that I am applying to) and not exactly sure about protocol.

Interesting that there was not enough interest in a separate 2010 Kelley thread.
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Good luck tcha! Not sure exactly what you're looking for in "protocol," you'll wanna' dress suit-and-tie, but uhh, I'll just go through my experience there.

My visit started with dinner at Nick's (a popular local spot) on Sunday night. Two first-year students paid for dinner and drinks with myself and another prospective. It was very casual, "this is all off the record," and we sort of shared our profiles, interests, etc. Some casual chat about sports and such, but mostly Q&A about Kelley and Bloomington. I had never been there before either. Very welcoming start to the visit, but what struck me the most were the recruiting opportunities these first-years had already seen (this was less than 3 months into their MBA).

On Monday I had a full day mapped out. It started with a campus tour by a second-year student. She was very enthusiastic about Kelley, literally seemed excited to show me around and take my questions. This was a common theme throughout my entire trip, I ran out of questions early but everyone I met prodded me for more. Great facilities, the Godfrey's a huge building entirely dedicated to the MBA program that's almost brand new and has lots of conveniences. Next I had an info session with second-years and members of the adcom staff...made me a bit nervous trying to make the right impression, but again, they were very welcoming. Then Kelley paid for lunch in a small cafeteria with current students. Finally, the interview with a second year student. My interviewer wasn't at all intimidating, went through the standard MBA questions (why now, why Kelley, walk me through your resume, yadayada) followed by more Q&A. On that note, I had to pretend I didn't already have all of my questions answered, haha. I didn't want to sound like I thought I knew everything about the program, but I had been asking questions for so long, my list was well past exhausted. But the interview felt very natural, walked out feeling confident. Finally, sat through a class. The professor seemed eager to meet me, many students sitting around me wanted to say hi and ask about my background, everyone at Kelley just went so far out of their way to get to know me and make me feel welcome (and as a prospective, for all they knew, I could've had a 500 GMAT and 2 years experience at 7-11). Class was very engaging, and I really saw the promoted diversity at work as students reflected on their unique experiences to address the topic at hand. That topic was a case on laminate countertops...it takes quite a professor/class to make that interesting, but sure enough, it was.

As for Bloomington itself, I really liked it. Beautiful (enormous!) campus, Big 10 sports would be fun, and like most college towns, there are always plenty of activities going on. That said, it is what it is...somewhat isolated (1 hour from Indianapolis, 4 from Chitown) and small (over 40,000 students, only 70,000 people in the whole town!). But the current students were very reassuring that Kelley's reputation kept the isolation from hampering career opportunities whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm really not trying to sell you on Kelley, but I found myself comparing my visit to another I had at a slightly higher ranked program and Kelley was just so much more impressive.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Send PM
Thanks again ksjhawk. I'm excited to have the interview offered (even if it's common for IU applicants) as most of the other schools I applied to are even more selective and I'm a bit worried about my chances there. I've been impressed throughout with the emphasis on a small collegial environment, and especially the access to dedicated faculty. We'll see what happens! Thanks for the story of your visit experience - it sounds great.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: GM, Strategy
Send PM
Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants - Please post your experience here
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted...any advice would be appreciated
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I got in!
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
I've been admitted for 2010. There's a thread of posts tacked onto the "Calling 2009 Kelley" thread for this year's applicants.

Any moderators out there know whether we can somehow paste those posts onto this thread?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
ksjhawk wrote:
I've been admitted for 2010. There's a thread of posts tacked onto the "Calling 2009 Kelley" thread for this year's applicants.

Any moderators out there know whether we can somehow paste those posts onto this thread?

Merged over. Unfortunate side effect is that the post can only be ordered in chronologically.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: GM, Strategy
Send PM
ksjhawk wrote:

I am in too!

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If there are any current students observing this topic, I'm heading out to the campus for an interview/visit on Monday 2/1. I'll be flying into Indianapolis the day before if anyone is free and would be interested in meeting up for drinks and/or to provide an admissions-independent perspective on the school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Guys-

I received an admit on 15jan. Yet to receive admit packet to get the scholarship info.
Any other Kelley admit for fall-2010?

- thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
R2 Applicant here. Looks like the interview invites have started rolling.
Waiting for mine :roll:
Intern
Intern
Schools:Ross, Kelley, McCombs, Tuck, Stanford, HBS, Kellogg
 Q49  V38
GPA: Low
WE 1: 5 yrs Financial Services/Compliance
Send PM
Hey everyone. Has anyone heard anything on Round 2 Kelley interview invites yet? Sorry, I am new to the messageboards so not sure if that was covered in another thread. Good luck to everyone! I know I need it lol.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts