Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 938 [0]
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Re: Manhattan Review [#permalink]
My friend said that they go through OG questions in the class room. Then assigned MGMAT books to finish chapter wise and alongwith each chapter advised to finish related OG questions. So if you have doubts related to OG or MGMAT books that will be mainly discussed in the class. Apart from that you are assigned 30 minutes per week for doubt removal for any questions. So if you think you do not go beyond MGMAT and OG questions, then in my view you better buy all these books and finish each chapter of MGMAT books then finish related OG question and similarly go on. This way you essentially chart your own course at your own pace.

A word of advice, if possible arrange a buddy to study GMAT with you. It will really help. You both can even speak through GTalk or Skype and don't have to be at same place. Only thing is that you have to have same study materials.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Abhijit,

I think there was some confusion. I am talking about Manhattan REVIEW not Manhatan GMAT. These are two seperate firms.

Best,
Josh
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Sorry, my mistake. I have no feedback about this company. But I did finish their Turbo charge your maths book. It was one of the best books for maths in preparing for GMAT. There was quite a few challenging problems.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Send PM
Manhattan Review is excellent. I live in NYC and currently I am taking the 6 session course every Sat from 9:30 am - 2 pm. The classes fly by because they are very interactive and we go through problems in detail discussing both strategies and also general rules and knowledge (compared to the Kaplan course which I took 5 yrs ago and it was a big waste of money IMO).

My class is 3 people including myself! so we get great one on one attention. Teacher is great, scored very high on the verbal and knows how to keep the class interesting. I haven't started the math sections yet but verbal has been great. For the class breakdown, we quickly go through each chapters summary, you are expected to read all that pre-class. Majority of the time we go through sample problems from the OG verbal guide and MR verbal books. We will do about 10 questions and then discuss answers. I really like how the teacher goes through each answer, showing us what the mistakes are and what to look for. I just found it very refreshing to see how a 700 level person looks at the problems (completely different than what I was used to!).

I highly recommend this class for people who aren't very good with standardized tests and/or aren't very good studying on their own. You have to know your own study habits before even considering the GMAT. I have friends that got 1 book and took 2 practice tests and scored a 770. But they just knew all the tricks in the book and have been doing standarized tests for a lifetime. For me, I needed a little more structure and also guidance on taking standardized tests.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Salr15! I am thinking of signing up for Manhattan review's online course. Would like to know what happened after you finished the course. Did you get your target score? Would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Hi Josh! Did you sign up for Manhattan Review? Any feedback? Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
jezyca wrote:
Hi Salr15! I am thinking of signing up for Manhattan review's online course. Would like to know what happened after you finished the course. Did you get your target score? Would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Hi Josh! Did you sign up for Manhattan Review? Any feedback? Thanks!

Don't forget about the 10% discount through GMAT Club: 10-manhattan-review-discount-for-classes-and-courses-86406.html

Also, this thread has some more feedback/reviews (though not a ton for Manhattan Review): gmat-prep-courses-classes-reviews-ratings-discount-offers-78451.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

i have scored a 680on gmat . i approached manhattan review chennai adyar branch to help me in shortlisting and essay editing. I paid 28000 for 3 schools. it has been 10 days and no progress has been seen. they didnt even enable the profile option in my account to take the details. its the worst ever experience wasting lot of money and time. i missed many deadlines because of this. guys please dont fall for this consultancy. be careful
GMAT Club Bot