Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72857 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink]
Thanks Much Walker..
will post my Feedback as i keep using them. Thanks for the +1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Accounting
Schools:McCombs
 Q40  V28
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure whats up, but the app is buggy for me. I have a first generation iPod touch. I had to pay $5 for the version 3.0 apps update (mines was version 1).

Anyways, I bought it because I thought the timer that grades my answers in OG made it worth it.

So I go into Books > OG12 > Diagnostic and start doing the questions. I realize that when I must press a question number, a flag next to it turns green. When I press the green flag, a timer starts and the flag turns black and white. When I'm ready to choose my answer, I press the black and white flag and at the bottom of the screen ABCDE shows up. I thought it was such a hassle that I had to do this same process for each question. Then when I get to #48, I entered my answer and it automatically started the timer for #49 and the flag turned black and white. So I put my answer in and it went to #50.

I tried this out in other books and could not get the timer to run automatically. The only books where the timer runs automatically are in the Diagnostic questions after #48 in OG11 and OG12.

Should it be going to the next question automatically or I'm supposed to press each question myself? Or am I having a brain fart and am using the program incorrectly?

Also, a feature to email your answers, incorrect/correct, and time from the OG books would be awesome. I noticed that you could do it for the Timer, but not the for the OG books.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

It works automatically only for RC questions. But I see your point... Let me think a bit what scenario would be better...

What about this way:

1. Tap any question - green (start) flag appears
2. Tap green flag - time starts and black/white flag appears
.... 2 minutes....
3. Tap black/white flag and answers appears
4. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and black/white flag
.... 2 minutes....
5. Tap black/white flag and answers appears
6. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and black/white flag
.... 2 minutes....
7. Tap black/white flag and answers appears
8. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and black/white flag
.... 2 minutes....
9. Tap black/white flag and answers appears
10. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and black/white flag
11. Tap a "new button" - timer stop, green flag appears.

Moreover I can remove double check for answer (tap black/white flag and then an answer) and add choice one tap/double check mode into settings for Books. So, it may work this way:

1. Tap any question - green (start) flag appears
2. Tap green flag - time starts and answers appear
.... 2 minutes....
3. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and answers section
.... 2 minutes....
4. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and answers section
.... 2 minutes....
5. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and answers section
.... 2 minutes....
6. Tap answer - jump to the next question with running timer and answers section
7. Tap a "new button" - timer stop, green flag appears.

What do you think? I hope I can change it today, submit for review and it will be available in a week.

Thanks again for valuable feedback!

ael719 wrote:
Not sure whats up, but the app is buggy for me. I have a first generation iPod touch. I had to pay $5 for the version 3.0 apps update (mines was version 1).

Anyways, I bought it because I thought the timer that grades my answers in OG made it worth it.

So I go into Books > OG12 > Diagnostic and start doing the questions. I realize that when I must press a question number, a flag next to it turns green. When I press the green flag, a timer starts and the flag turns black and white. When I'm ready to choose my answer, I press the black and white flag and at the bottom of the screen ABCDE shows up. I thought it was such a hassle that I had to do this same process for each question. Then when I get to #48, I entered my answer and it automatically started the timer for #49 and the flag turned black and white. So I put my answer in and it went to #50.

I tried this out in other books like OG11, but couldn't get it to do it automatically. Only in the OG12 Diagnostic test after #48 will it work automatically.

How is this supposed to work? Should it be going to the next question automatically or I'm supposed to press each question myself?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q40  V28
Send PM
Oh, I get it now.

It's only goes to the next question for Verbal questions. That makes sense.

How about an option to turn it on or off for quant?

Also, an analysis feature for OG answers that display your Incorrect answers by topic and time spent would be AMAZING!
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V28
Send PM
Kudos
Also, I've known about this program for about a week, but i never knew that it checked your answers for you. That was a huge selling point for me and I feel like on the top post and on the iTunes app page it is not clearly stated why this program is so awesome.

Then again, maybe its just me and its my own fault for not bothering to read the whole description. It seems like everyday I find something awesome about this website that I didn't know about previously.

Top feature requests for me would be:
- analysis of incorrect by topic/time
- emailing my OG answers with the time and correct answers (I don't trust my iPod and am afraid I might accidentally clear the history?)
- i noticed on Timer you could name Custom answer sheets, it would be great to see it on OG logs too! I plan on going through the book again to see which I keep getting wrong.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wow! a lot of great ideas!

1. So, today I'm going to add "continuous" mode to timer for Book and submit it for review
2. Incorrect answers and "out of 2 minutes" answers by topics. Great idea and it is pretty simple to add the feature. We will do it.
3. Checking answers. You know, it is a great point, seriously :)
4. emailing your answers. Easy to add. I will add it in this update.
5. Custom name for Books... What if I add ability to see only questions answered wrong? not easy to do now but it seems to be very useful.

Thanks for useful feedback! Now I have to act fast :wink:
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V28
Send PM
Kudos
walker,

I just didn't notice it was only for Verbal.

I like the way it is now, but the new sequence you posted might be better. I'd like to be able to turn it on and off though. This new sequence would definitely help me out because I frequently miss-tap and fail to notice that the timer hasn't started. I only notice the timer hasn't started when I'm ready done solving the question so its already too late.

Same goes for the confirm answer button. It only seems like a hassle now, but I'm sure accidentally miss-tapping the screen would be more annoying. The OG books should have all the features of the Timer!

One more feature suggestion:
BIGGER flag AND answer choices!

Sadly, my test is on Jan 16 so I probably won't get the chance to see any of these features. :(

BTW, I feel like I'm complaining. I just want to make it clear that I love the program!!! It's great the way it is and would recommend it to anyone!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
ael719 wrote:
...Sadly, my test is on Jan 16 so I probably won't get the chance to see any of these features. :(

Good luck on exam! If you need any urgent help with any math question just let me know.

ael719 wrote:
BTW, I feel like I'm complaining. I just want to make it clear that I love the program!!! It's great the way it is and would recommend it to anyone!

Frankly, thank a lot!
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V28
Send PM
Kudos
5. Custom name for Books... What if I add ability to see only questions answered wrong? not easy to do now but it seems to be very useful

Yeah, that would be perfect. The only reason I suggested this was so I could see which one I got wrong on my second attempt or third attempts.

One last option:
-show or hide incorrect/correct- A feature so I can choose whether or not I got an OG question correct or incorrect after tapping in my answer because I'd rather wait till I'm done. The instant gratification of knowing I got an answer correct is great, but whenever I answer incorrectly, I (besides getting angry :lol:) flip to the back of the book and spend 5mins reading the answer. Again, maybe its just me, but I feel like it would better simulate test conditions and overall help me with my timing.

For real though, I wish I knew about this sooner! Is the OG Books feature new or did I just not notice it until now?

On the first post, you should put the price at the bottom because that was the first thing I noticed. This was my exact train of thought the first time I saw the page, I immediately felt like it was too much and this website was trying to rip me off or take my money. I felt my suspicions were then justified because I skimmed the description/features and couldn't understand what the program did. (I came back to this post and researched it more because of the GMAT Math Book and Bunuel's posts)

It needs a better description too because the best selling point is the grade book/logger for the OG books.
Why do you need this?
Save time and paper. GMAT Toolkit grades your answers as you go!

If I read something like that, I probably would have researched more and I would have bought this weeks ago! But maybe the Books feature is new??

Seriously, everytime I go on this website I find something even more helpful!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ael719, thanks a ton!!!

I don't know what to say. I thought we've realized 10% of all our ideas, but now I'm thinking that we don't even begin to move...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMAT Club Mobile Users,

Next update of GMAT ToolKit has been submitted and will be available in a week. We would like to thank members ael719 and vasanthanand for great feedback!
(discussion of the GMAT Toolkit is available here)

Improved Books tool:
- bigger buttons and answer options
- auto-jump to next question.
- previous answers disappear if the timer is on. (More close to real exam conditions).

We are working on adding examples for idioms, new math topics, and a few surprises ;)

Thank you for your feedback! If you have any suggestions or ideas, just let us know and we will do our best to implement them as soon as possible!

Warm Regards,

Walker

GMAT Club Mobile Team

Attachment:
2010-01-10-ToolKit.png
2010-01-10-ToolKit.png [ 11.19 KiB | Viewed 16336 times ]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q45  V27 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
do we have compatible applications for other mobile phones such as nokia 5600... mine is nokia 5600 :-) and I don't have any intentions to switch to iphone atleast not anytime soon but I'd love to see all these applications in my mobile phone do I stand a chance ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
silasaaa2 wrote:
do we have compatible applications for other mobile phones such as nokia 5600... mine is nokia 5600 :-) and I don't have any intentions to switch to iphone atleast not anytime soon but I'd love to see all these applications in my mobile phone do I stand a chance ?

It would be great to have our applications for majority of mobile phones and I hope we will make next step in this direction soon but it will be rather BlackBerry or Android than Nokia.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMAT Club Mobile Users,

A new update for GMAT ToolKit app is available - it was approved in record 28 hours! Usually it takes up to 2 weeks from submission until the update is released and we can't believe our luck. If it's a change in Apple's policy, it's great news as we can implement your suggestions and ideas within days. And as always, if you have any thoughts about our applications and community, we look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Walker

GMAT Club Mobile Team
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q45  V27 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
that was quick thanks then as I metro travel a lot let me plan to get itouch which will eventually add upto my gmat prep costs:-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi there - quick question regarding the toolkit. for the questions of the day, how was the content produced? i've been going through them and i think i've seen some of them elsewhere. is the content fresh?

thanks!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatx101 wrote:
hi there - quick question regarding the toolkit. for the questions of the day, how was the content produced? i've been going through them and i think i've seen some of them elsewhere. is the content fresh?

thanks!

Thanks for the question. Let me ask BB.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  48